“Olga”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Nazareth, Israel, newest top restaurant
“Olga”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2012

The best resturant in nazareth! The atmosphere is excellent and the food is so tasty
Best of luck

San Antonio, Texas
“World class dining arrives to Nazareth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2012

Having tried almost every restaurant in the city of Nazareth over the years I have to admit that I am very impressed by this new arrival. The quality and creativity of the food is a step above anything else the city has to offer.

Unlike the always-crowded Tishreen, the interior is spacious and full of light. The service was excellent, but the high point was the food. The waiter told us that Thursday night was seafood night, and that they had fresh lobster and scallops from Canada. They also had T-bones on offer. Now I'm from Montana and grew up in Colorado, so I know beef, and I have yet to find a restaurant in Nazareth that offers any cut of meat other than the mysterious 'entrecote', which is rarely prepared well.

My wife and opted to share an entre and split two appetizers. We had mushrooms stuffed with goose liver, caprise salad, and, courtesy off the house, an Oriental salad with tempura-fried shrimp. The waiter suggested a bottle of wine, and we were not disappointed at all. The mozzarella was fresh and was genuine mozzarella di bufalo, just like in Naples. The stuffed mushrooms had a bold and masculine flavor. The oriental salad was delicious, and not too salty.

We shared the Fettuccine with mixed seafood. The scallops were cooked to perfection--not an easy task. The pasta was fresh, made that day, and was cooked al dente.

For desert my wife had the chocolate crepe. I asked about the chef because because in three years in Nazareth I had never found this quality of cuisine. The kitchen can be seen from the dining area, and the server pointed to the chef (and owner), and said he had previously worked in Tel Aviv, though I would not have been surprised to hear London or Las Vegas or New York.

There is one issue though that you should know about: presently the menu is only in Hebrew and Arabic, not English. All the servers spoke English though, and I wouldn't mind going there and just asking for the server's recommendation. In any case, soon the menu should be available in English.

If you are coming to Nazareth and want to experience fine dining at its best, Olga is the only place to visit. The cuisine is European, and there are not many local dishes on the menu, but give yourself a break from falafel and shwerma and try this place out.

• Visited January 2012