Al-Mutran Guest House
Galilee Hotel(Nazareth)
  • Pool
Ramada Nazareth(Nazareth)
View Hotel
All reviewsguest housethe ownerold citybreakfast was deliciouslocal sitescommon areas arefirst floorthe hotel managerwonderful hospitalitycharming placeexcellent locationunique atmospherelots of charactercomfortable roomscentral locationliving roomplaces to visit
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 17, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights, with a group. Three of us shared a room with no problem. The bathroom was clean, the shower was great (others have mentioned that it was small) but I am a small person so had no problem there. The whole place is lovely. Potted plants are eveyrhwere, adding a colorful touch and a homey feel. Breakfast was delicious and the owners are generous and gracious hosts who make you feel welcome from the start. The location is also good, allowing you to walk to many local sites. I would stay here again in a heartbeat and I would recommend this to others.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Al-Mutran was the most expensive guest house we stayed in during our two weeks in Israel. The price was by no means outrageous. It's just that Nazareth is a tourist trap town, and everything is overpriced.

The building is beautiful. It must be lovely to sit outside in the communal area on a hot day with a cold drink, but I wouldn't know. The day we were there, it was freezing and rained non-stop. When we were in the guest house, we were confined to our room, as that was the only bit that was heated.

The room was small and basic. We're not large people, but the bathroom felt cramped. There was a soap dispenser in the shower, the kind you find in community gyms. I didn't mind (we brought our own), but it was a bit cheap for a three-star guest house.

The bed was comfortable, but we didn't like the fleece sheets/pillowcases. They kept us warm, but the synthetic fabric didn't feel nice on the skin.

Emil, the host, was lovely. He greeted us with coffee and made a delicious breakfast in the morning.

Overall, the guest house isn't bad, but the communal areas are nicer than the rooms, which are a bit basic for the price.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed January 12, 2012

I stayed at Al Mutran twice and it was perfect each time! It is easy to find, the building is absolutely stunning and unique, and the rooms keep the beauty and character of the old building, but with the comfort of a modern hotel. Everyone working there is extremely helpful and pleasant, and the breakfast was really delicious too. I have stayed in a lot of guesthouses and hotels, around the country and in the world in general, and Al Mutran is definitely one of my favourites! And the fact that it was as good the second time I stayed there says a lot about the consistency of the quality of the place. I would DEFINITELY recommend staying at Al Mutran if you would be in Nazareth, and would even recommend a trip to Nazareth just to stay there (and ask them for their great recommendations of the best places to eat and what to see).

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed January 3, 2012

We stayed for 2 days just before the new year (30-31 December, 2011). The location is very good, really close to the Greek church and about 10 minutes walk from the new Basilica and market. Breakfast is basic but pretty delicious. The host Emil is very friendly and useful. The hostel has a unique atmosphere, old Arabic house, with travellers coming in from all around the world. There are also common areas with tables, internet computer and hot drinks. The hostel has its own private parking which is quite useful.

Rooms - beware, there is no TV in the room (or elsewhere)! The shower (especially the sink) are really small. I think the rooms could use some extra furniture (a TV, another chair, more electrical sockets).

Price is reasonable, and I would recommend the hostel to unspoiled travellers.

Room Tip: Some rooms dont have a window.. so you should mention this.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 20, 2011

Was good weekend there ...i liked the location ,because it was close to the center of the city .

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends