“Beyond Expectations”

Tabar Hotel
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Nazareth
“Beyond Expectations”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 1 night. It is located at the top of a hill. We walked all the way up this hill to avoid cab fee. IF you are not on a budget, please take a taxi up the hill:) We hadn't eaten all day and were starving beyond your imagination. They offer a delicious buffet dinner. However, we caught the end of it. They dessert was all gone, but fortunately the actual dinner food was still left. They have mixed veggies, potatoes, chicken, beef, salads..etc. It was very delicious. Because the dessert was all gone, they brought out 3 different types of desserts for us with a fruit platter!!! I felt like they treated us like family. We got a very warm and welcoming feeling from the hotel staff. I was so happy. I've been travelling and away from family for a month and this is the first time I felt like I was treated like family from a hotel!

The room were amazing. This is a new hotel so it is expected to have very clean rooms. They also have a flat screen TV and good size bathroom with a/c in the room. We would most definitely recommend this hotel to everyone who is planning on visiting Nazareth.

It is a home away from home. Thank you for feeding us so well:) Made my week!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Msekha

Business
Venezia, Italia
Reviewed July 7, 2012

the hotel is situated in good position on the top of El Mutran at about 20 minutes wolking from the city center. Quite plase to stay and rest. Lovely friendly admosfere, most of the employers
speak English, France and Italian. Rooms are confortables with A/C bathroom and balcony most of them overlooking Nazareth. Excelent good and fresh food with many kinds of vegetables breads and halvah. I suggest this hotel for individuals that are going for a break to Nazareth and Galilee.
Shadia and Wissam are always redy to help clients and to give them the best hospitality

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Donato I
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 8, 2010

Although the Grand New is a little bit off the beaten path- it was well worth the extra walking to get there. The hotel is located on the top of El Mutran which is a road but also a huge hill. Ask any cab driver to take you there - the uphill walk is pretty steep (downhill much easier- about a 25 min walk to city center; 10 min cab ride). I arrived and Wassam was extemely nice friendly and helpful. I received a ten percent discount at the restaurant next to the hotel -Diana's- which was extraordinary and I highly recommend eating there.
The room was nice with wooden flooring- a nice sized bathroom and a balcony overlooking Nazareth. This was the most breathtaking part. Because of the hotel's unique location watching the sunset over Nazareth was beautiful. If I there was one drawback it was that the sheets on the bed weren't the most comfortable - but this is Israel and for $75/night the price was right.
In the morning - I overslept but the front desk called me to tell that they had breakfast (included) waiting for me in the dining hall. This had never happened to me before and I was very thankful that they woke me up as breakfast was a great spread of vegetables breads and halvah.
All in all a great stay and a great experience.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo