Kibbutz Lavi Hotel
$151
$140
Agoda.com
Havaya Tiberias(Tiberias)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewskibbutz lifedining roommen and womendifferent levelsindoor pooldairy farmlower galileebreakfast and dinnerkosher foodsaladhotel catersfree wifitwo nightsan upgradetour groupbuffet styleone night stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Centrally located for Sea of Galilee or Golan area visits. Reception seems to handle large groups and coach arrival OKAY, efficiently handed out room keys after brief registration process. Room had adjacent twin beds with acceptable comfort. A minifridge was unplugged upon arrival (could not tell) but cooled down fairly fast. No ice machine in hotel, front desk direts guests to the bar. 42" flatscreen TV with about 36 channels, some in English (CNN, BBC), no movies. Air Conditioning not functioning but heat was, not a problem in December. Full size closet with 13 hangers, spare pillow and blanket. Wood-like tile floor made for some furniture-moving noise. Small safe (laptop would not fit). Bath with grey tiled walls and tan tiled floor. Narrow tub with combo shower. Switchable 110/220v outlet with North AMerican and EU style plug.
Breakfast buffet in very large room with long tables where groups assigned. Variety of fresh veggies, some fruits, egg station, pancake station, orrange squeezing station, potatos, fish, salads, cereals, all with good flavor.

Opportunity to watch cow milking three times daily. Heated pool. Bar with off-flavor draught beer but bottled Goldstar (17 NIS) was OKAY, closes at 12 pm.

Talk given on kibbutz life was ver interesting. Staff seemed well-trainined in some areas like food preparation, other areas like table service and bar service were not their forte.

everyone friendly and with reasonalbe command of English. a peacefull and quiet setting without traffic noise. Relaxing.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank beerdrinker2005
Reviewed December 16, 2013

This is a well run hotel. It was our first experience visiting a kibbutz. The room was very comfortable and clean. If you like a quiet hotel stay you will love this place. We ate breakfast and dinner here for two days and the buffet was excellent. We did not find the kosher diet in any way restrictive, except for artificial creamer for our coffee one morning. The hotel staff was always pleasant and helpful. They offered a tour of the kibbutz to hotel guests which we missed, but took a self guided walk around the property. Kibbutz Lavi has a furniture factory, horse and dairy farm, and some other commercial buildings that I could not identify. Walk through the attractive, well kept housing area. It was the best of the kibbutz properties that we visited during our two week trip. Tip: The kibbutz has a limited number of rental cars and a licensed tour guide. Contact uamiram@lavi.co.il

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mike H
Reviewed December 15, 2013

This was our first exposure to Kibbutz life and hotel. Not a 5 star facility but not a bad choice. Room was very modern and clean. Shower was great. Food was surprisingly good and plentiful. The people were quite accommodating too. We saw a mongoose outside on the breakfast patio ( which makes one wonder what he was eating....) Lots of kids running amok while we were there.

Room Tip: Ask for a "new" room - preferably a quiet location.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I stayed at the Kibbutz Lavi Hotel recently, for 2 nights. Lovely decor, very comfortable, and friendly staff. An early morning walk to see the sunrise is an absolute must! I recommend this hotel highly, if anyone is in the Lower Galilee region.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Vitarel
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I stayed here as part of a tour, so I didn't specifically select this hotel. It was basically fine, but a little boring compared to other places I stayed on this trip. My room (selected by the tour operator, who did not alert me that there were different wings available) was in the basement, which was musty and had some bugs. On the plus side, there was wifi.

The food was strictly kosher and a little bland, and didn't appeal to me. And, again, this is just my personal opinion, and I'm putting this in the context of some really excellent Israeli food I had elsewhere. However I will say that the cafeteria workers went to EXTRAORDINARY lengths to work with a person in our tour group who needed to avoid gluten; they were SO nice to her, and provided special breads and other foods. In general the workers (kibbutz members?) in the hotel were very nice and helpful, and they even had a free talk one night. The only exception were the reception staff, who didn't go out of their way to be friendly.

Finally, I had to pay extra to make local (within Israel) calls from my hotel phone. Not a big deal, but this surprised me because they had been free of charge in my previous hotel, and I didn't find out there was a fee until checkout.

So, all in all, this hotel was fine, but I wouldn't go out of my way to choose it. I realize that it is very popular with Israelis as a vacation spot, and it all depends on your personal preferences. The experience might also be different if you stay in one of the newer rooms.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo