“Excellent all-round hotel”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Jericho
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent all-round hotel”
Reviewed December 8, 2011

I was on a large group tour of 4 tour coaches, and we spent one night in this hotel on our way around the Galilee and Dead Sea area.

Among the 4 hotels I stayed in on the trip, the Jericho was the best in terms of room opulence (and yes I mean opulence, not just room standard). My room was a standard double room that came with 2 king-sized beds. Mattress was a bit soft for my liking (though I slept very well) but from feedback from my tour mates, they loved the softness. Apart from this, the furnishings were top-classed. Furniture in the room looked like they were made of teak with classy finishings. Wardrobes had internal lights that turned on automatically when one of the wardrobe doors was opened, and the bathroom came with vainity mirror that magnifies one's face and has a light to boot - great for any intricate skincare or makeup routine. Along with the standard freebies like coffee and tea, toiletries, bathrobes were also provided in the bathroom. The only shortcoming were that internet was not free and that the heater could not warm up my room properly (being late November and winter then). All in all, the room was the highlight of my short stay here.

We had our meals (one dinner and one breakfast) at the Palm Restaurant on the 4th level, and I must say that despite the prior reviews I read, the service and food were excellent. I managed to walk around the hotel, and the swimming pools and tennis courts looked very inviting. Overall, I would say that this is a very beautifully furnished hotel, inside and outside.

The Jericho Intercontinental truly lived up to its 5-star billing during my stay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Hisham N, Manager at Oasis Hotel Jericho, responded to this review, February 1, 2012
Dear Ms. Cordia 75

Thank you for posting the review about your stay at the InterContinental Jericho, we are really pleased to see how pleasant you stay was, and we hope to have the chance to welcome you again at our fine Hotel.

The management and Employees always put all efforts to make the stay of our Clients a memorable one .
Thank you again and best regards on behalf of the management and all Employees .
Hisham Nammari
General Mananger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Lahaina, Hawaii
Reviewed July 27, 2011

We had one night at this hotel on our Israel adventure. It had been 100 degrees and we had been out in the sun all day at Bet She'an, Kumran and Masada. The pools were definitely the highlight. They have two pools, a water slide, a hot tub and (hooray!) a Dead Sea pool. Nothing like floating, with no effort, in the Dead Sea pool with a cold drink in your hand. They also had a stand where you could rent sheeshas (water pipes). There is a lot of comfy furniture on the terrace, perfect for updating my journal, while drinking a cappucino. Our group enjoyed both the dinner and breakfast buffet during our stay. It's an interesting mix of guests, both international tour groups and local Palestinians enjoying the hotel amenities.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Ms. TravelerForGood
Denver, Colorado
Hi , Thank you for the nice review at TripAdvisor , was very interesting to read and I am glad that your trip to the Holy land and your short stay at the InterContinental Hotel was pleasant .

I really hope to have the chance again to welcome you personally at this fine Hotel.
Hisham Nammari
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 25, 2011

Very nice resort-styled hotel. Huge rooms and bathrooms with separate tub and shower areas. No kettles in rooms. Nice pool and gym (sufficiently equipped for a hotel and spacious).
Food was average. Free internet a big plus.

• Stayed May 2011
northern irealnd
Reviewed February 17, 2011

Stayed at the Intercon for 6 nights whilst on business in West Bank. Being February, the hotel was pretty empty apart from a string of tourist groups who appeared most breakfast times. Ate at the restaurant outside once - it was acceptable if not exciting. Breakfast is buffet style with a pretty good selection to choose from. Room was good size and in good condition. Staff were pleasant. I did not use the internet although my colleague attempted to with limited success. Apparently the hotel gets very busy once the weather improves - although even in February, Jericho's climate was much better than the other places we went to (Ramallah, Nablus, Bethlehem and Hebron).

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 25, 2010

My group was double booked elsewhere and so stayed a night at the Intercontinental, Jericho. We crossed the "border" into Palestinian-controlled territory and there was this tall block standing alone on the edge of town, set in its own oasis. It scored highly with me for its "wow" factor. The room had everything - the bed was gi-normous, and at last for the first time on the tour, a hotel with tea/coffee facilities and bathroom toiletries. In the grounds, there were spacious pools. The impressive gym facilties were unfortunately closed. Food was limited - no soup, and for pudding, just two choices.

• Stayed October 2010
Vaxjo, Sweden
Reviewed July 25, 2010

I spend three nights and four days with my bride at the IC Jericho and I can say that it was the most beautiful time in my life so far. Amazingly beautiful place with an excellent service and luxurious furnishings. We've been in a beautiful double-room with a king size bed which was perfectly furnished and clean. The bathroom was just amazing and relaxing; a very beautiful fragrance comes out of the towels that makes you feel happy. The food was unforgettable, I can still smell it until now as it was a very delicious and attracting food. The pools were amazing with a very beautiful green surrounding. The SPA is definitely recommended with a turkish bath, Sauna, and steam rooms.

Being close to the dead sea we had the chance to visit the beach and burn under the hot sun there.

One thing I didn't like, the internet is inaccessible at the rooms!

I would strongly recommend the hotel for everyone and I am definitely going back there again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Osama117
Freiburg
Reviewed July 10, 2010

My family and I stayed at this hotel for one night while visiting Jericho. The hotel was perfectly air-conditioned, which was, indeed, a much needed relief from the blistering heat of the Jericho days. The rooms were nice and faced the mountains. The hotel had 3 swimming pools including a kiddie pool. My niece had a complete blast at the pool. The pool restaurant is staffed by friendly personnel and accommodated our request to have the world cup games shown. The two negative about this hotel were it's location and the food at the pool restaurant. Its quite far from the city of Jericho and you need a taxi to get there (although, to be fair, the taxi fare was about 3 dollars each way). The food at the pool restaurant is a bit more expensive that other hotels I have been at and the food quality is not that great.
It seemed to be the only hotel in the city of Jericho, although, we didn't really put an effort into looking for others as we trusted the Intercontinental hotel brand.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jericho
Jericho Resort Village
Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea
Kalia Kibbutz
Kalia Kibbutz
#1 of 1 in Kalia

Been to Oasis Hotel Jericho? Share your experiences!