“Great Stay, great staff!!!”

Best Western Pecos Inn
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Artesia
Washington St
“Great Stay, great staff!!!”
Reviewed November 9, 2010

Clean rooms. Very accomadating and friendly staff. Kudos to Sandy and Robin in particular.

Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed October 28, 2010

Quaint hotel, loved the decor in the main lobby. Although the hotel does not have an elevator, the pool and hot tub were nice sized (family loved it). The room was more than large enough for the four of us. The mattresses were ok but I have trouble sleeping in any bed but my own. The understuffed pillows were perfect for me but my teenage daughter was disappointed. There were only two pillows on each bed but I'm sure we could have asked for more. Best part about staying here was the complimentary "hot" breakfast; options included pancakes, french toast, eggs, hashbrowns, sausage or bacon, and juice in addition to coffee. Sure beats a continental breakfast any day!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Dallas
Reviewed August 18, 2010

We were visiting Carlsbad Caverns and were wary of the reviews for the Carlsbad hotels. We decided to stay here and were very glad we did. The hotel was very clean and the rooms were very large. We booked a king with a roll-away and were not cramped at all. The room had a handy mini-fridge, microwave and decent sized bathroom. The indoor pool was a nice bonus. The included hot breakfast was very basic, but filling. The hotel is a Best Western and compared to other hotels in this class, I would rate the Pecos Inn as one of the nicest I have been in.

The drive from the hotel to the visitors center at Carlsbad Caverns took an hour and 15 minutes. Although Artesia is farther away than Carlsbad, I would happily take the additional travel time in exchange for a room I know will be clean any day.

The town of Artesia is quite small but has a nice walkable downtown area about 6 blocks long with a couple of nice restaurants. The shops keep very small town hours - almost nothing seemed to be open on either Sunday or Monday, and the typical weekday open time seemd to be 10:00.

Also, there is a large refinery at the eastern edge of town, but it didn't bother me.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank BarefootTX
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed May 31, 2010

We had been planning to stay in Carlsbad, however we couldn't find a decent hotel at a good price (they wouldn't even accept a priceline bid of $60!). The Pecos Inn at Artesia was the right choice for us. The rooms were clean and good-sized. The beds were comfortable. The pool and jacquizi area pleasant. And, the free hot breakfast (5 choices), was good.

Plus, it was fun walking around the old downtown area and looking at the bronze statues and visiting the old train station. Everyone we met in Artesia were warm and friendly.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
MA
Reviewed May 3, 2010

My daughter and I went to Artesia for the state Battle of the Books competition. I was worried about the room when we walked up the stairs (no elevator) to our second floor room -- the hallways smelled like smoke. But our room, thankfully, did not.

The room was large and clean but outdated (who cares about decor, though, really?) The beds were fairly comfortable, there was a desk and a little table, and 2 queen beds. The bathroom was nice and clean, and there was an area with another sink, a microwave and a small fridge. There is free wifi in the rooms and it was really quite fast.

There were7 school buses of kids and adults from various parts of the state for the competition, so I was worried about noise. We didn't hear a peep all night (I had a white noise machine on, though.) The pool was crowded, of course, with all of those kids, but it was petty nice and seemed clean.

Based on the reviews of the Chinese restaurant, we did not even try it nor the breakfast.

Overall, I would stay again if I ever have to go to Artesia again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank iggie394
Albuquerque, NM
Reviewed March 18, 2010

I have been staying here for work purposes, and I have to say that it is the nicest Best Western I have stayed at for a long time. I see bad reviews for the Chinese restaurant on site but you have to realize that they are trying to please a wide variety of people, hence, the restaurant is serving both Chinese and American foods for the buffet and the take-out. I see no problems. Great for the value!

• Stayed May 2010
San Antonio TX
Reviewed October 19, 2009

$89.00 for one night... highschool football game just down the road...lots of noise.... 2 queen beds... mini kitchen... reg bath... all clean... stupid curtain kept falling in front of the a/c so the room never cooled down... unless you opened the drapes... 1st floor...not going to happen... did not sleep well all night... stuffy and hot.... could never get curtains to stay out of the way... and then there was the food.... ok.. Best Western does not own the horrible Chinese restaurant.. and if they were smart... they would find a way to evict them... the food was over cooked and dry...and tasteless...but hey...no MSG!!!.... awful...just AWFUL... and did I mention the diarreah!!...yeah.. nice benefit... so anyway.... courtesy breakfast is done by the same horrible Chinese restaurant.... everything and I mean everything was overcooked the bacon was like beef jerky... the scrambled eggs were crispy and brown.... yuck yuck yuck... again.. best western needs to separate themselves from that place..... oh and if you are allergic to cats... beware... there is a resident cat... sweet and kind... but if you have allergies... probably not a good thing...

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple