“Not What We Were Expecting for "Mexican" Food”
Review of La Fonda

La Fonda
Ranked #13 of 37 Restaurants in Artesia
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I live around Albuquerque and I have a lot of family it Texas. We decided this would be a good place for us all to meet up as some of us were visiting Bottomless Lakes and others Carlsbad Caverns. First, they don't have beer or wine -- which we can live with as my cousins are from a dry county. Second, it wasn't Mexican, Tex-Mex, New Mexican but some mish-mash in-between. The salsa was good -- all of us decided if it wasn't the actual "hot" Pace Picante Sauce someone there knows how to make it just like the stuff you buy in the store. Does that set the tone for the food? I think it did. We had an order of enchiladas with some sort of red sauce that everyone agreed was "okay", the burritos were large but not hot or spicy. The hamburger patty was quite a bit smaller than the bun. But everything was edible -- just not what any of us were looking forward to. The place was really busy and most everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves -- but none of us will recommend it. We'll try one of the other places next time.

There are newer reviews for La Fonda

Reviewed March 6, 2014

You can always depend on great service and good food. Family atmosphere. Long time established with a good reputation.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

We live here and I'd say we eat at La Fonda on the average of once every two weeks. It has good food and good service. It is often crowded, which indicates it popularity. My favorite is the green chile enchiladas with white sauce. Their guacamole is the best anywhere. Nice atmosphere and reasonalble prices.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

The food was not that great and the waitress kim kept hugging and kissing my husband. Dont know what kind of waitress she is but I didnt like it will not go back.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Picked this restaurant by chance. The chicken fajita salad was the best I ever had- in a huge bowl and loaded with real juicy chicken breast, peppers, onion, olives, pinto beans and lots of other goodies. The asada was a bit spicy for my wife, but delicious. The salsa was very spicy and flavorful.