“Exactly what you would expect”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of IHOP

IHOP
Ranked #31 of 37 Restaurants in Artesia
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Artesia, New Mexico
“Exactly what you would expect”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Nothing extraordinary here. It's not bad at all; just what you would expect at IHOP. The service is usually average and the food is typical of the IHOP chain. It's convenient that it's open 24 hours and is the only venue in Artesia to get a fresh hot meal at any hour of the day or night.

Visited April 2014

Artesia, New Mexico
“Going downhill”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

Went to the "pre-opening", and several times in the weeks following...good food and fully staffed. Now, not so much. Almost all of the original managers and servers are gone....so is the service. The food is standard "IHop" fare but the serve time and service is getting worse each time I go in there. I only go now when someone else makes the choice.

• Visited April 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tried It One More Time, did not make it in....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

My birthday was last week, so the wife says, why don't we take my free Rooty Tooty Coupon in and have breakfast. Saturday morning, May 3, 2014 about nine o'clock we walked in the door. I asked the lady at the desk if they would take my coupon as it had another address on it. She did not know. First strike. The manager, Freddie comes over and I had him the paper and he wanted to see out ticket. Told him we were coming in and wanted to know if you would honor the coupon. Second Strike. Phone started ringing and both lady and Freddie chose that moment to disregard the live human being in front of them and answer the phone. Third Strike. He then looks at me again and asks for my ticket.

I asked for my paper back and we walked out. I heard him calling after me, but if he can't take the time to LISTEN to me when I walk in, I am not staying.

Thank you IHOP, I will NOT be back, PERIOD.

We got in the car and drove down to Chapz....First time there and we had an EXCELLENT breakfast.

• Visited May 2014
Truth or Consequences, New Mexico
“never again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

Service was slow.Waitresses and Cooks need to be trained better. Night manager needs to be more professional. We were there Friday January 17th at 945 we didn't leave till 11 because it took so long to get our food. One waitress was cleaning off another waitresses table and asked the night manager "Since I am cleaning this table do I get to keep the tip" and he told her yes.Very unethical. I will be writing a letter to the IHop itself and then Headquarters. Night manager blamed it all on the waitress.

• Visited January 2014
Boulder, Colorado
“Great cozy and friendly small IHOP”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

I was there on my way to work after a long drive, surprised a new IHOP was there...so happy with my food and service...I noticed they were short handed but by now I know this is a problem with this town and I witnessed a real team work all around. ...kudos!!!!

• Visited December 2013