“Wonderful Deshebrada Tacos”

Description: 575-746-0040
Artesia, New Mexico
“Wonderful Deshebrada Tacos”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I can tell you from living in Artesia that this isn't the most inviting section of Artesia, but . . . the food is well worth it. There is no mass production of plates, so please be patient as they prepare your plates! I guarantee you won't regret it. I personally love the Deshebrada Tacos and you will too. They are very warm, so if you can't handle the spicy chile, don't order them, but if you can, I guarantee they will soon be a favorite of yours. Everything is excellent in this very humble restaurant. I also suggest the chicken enchiladas with green chile . . . so tasty, or the beef enchiladas with red chile, diced onions and an egg on top!! Absolutley scrumptuous!

• Visited March 2013

“5 stars”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Visited based on the recommendation of a friend. She warned me about the location and the initial appearance. She was right. However, all that changes once you step inside. The place was very clean and inviting. I ordered the pork asado plate with rice, beans and flour tortillas for under $8. It was a very generous portion and was all outstanding. The service was kinda slow because they only had one young lady seating people, taking orders, running food to tables and cashing everyone out. However, she did a fantastic job. Plus the wait wasn't too bad because it allowed me to watch the 3 ladies in the open kitchen preparing the food. I would definetly go back and recommend to others.

• Visited July 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I never would have found this place without the TripAdvisor reviews, nor would I have entered once I got there. However, despite the humble neighborhood and warehouse building, we found a very bright, clean, and cheerful interior--not to mention that the food was excellent! The restaurant was filled with locals, which was a good sign of what was to come. I had the tilapia dinner--the fish fillets were large, very fresh and flavorful. In fact I was worried my husband was going to eat my meal once he tasted it. My husband had a beef fajita that was also very good. We had the sopapillas for dessert and they were a light and tender pastry--not the cinnamon taco chips some restaurants pass off as sopapillas. The kitchen was open and you could see the cooks at work--I regret that I didn't stop and thank them for such a wonderful meal!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank casualtraveler55
Arlington, TX
“Feels like Real Mexico”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Yes, this place is hard to find for out of town visitors. And yes it may sketch people out driving through the poor neighborhood with live chickens in the yards to get to this destination. But I felt like it added to the adventure of our New Mexico vacation. It felt like real Mexico! The place was super clean inside and the food and service were good during our visit. It was packed with locals which is always a good sign.

• Visited March 2013
New Mexico
“Not that impressed!”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I eat at La Herradura occasionally, but it's not my favorite. The location is in a very poor part of town, and parking is wherever you can find a spot along the road. There is no parking lot. I don't care for the hot sauce; I prefer a salsa. The food is mediocre at best. The furnishings are very basic with wooden chairs on a concrete floor which make it extremely noisy. Some of my friends and family love it, so please form your own opinion. I'm just giving my impressions!

• Visited February 2013