“Hotel Artesia”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Artesia
Midland, Texas
“Hotel Artesia”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

This hotel is clean and beautifully decorated. The staff were wonderful, helpful and made our stay even better! The hotel is decorated in a modern way, with ranch decorating touches everywhere. An unusual combination, but beautifully done. We were visiting Carlsbad and driving to Artesia for a decent priced hotel was well worth the 35 minute drive. There is a lounge in the hotel that gets very loud at night, BUT we were not disturbed at all by the music once we were in our room. Our ice chest was stolen out of the back of our truck, we probably should not have left it there, still a little upsetting. Overall, will definitely stay again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank madimacmom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

The hotel was a surprise in the small oil town of Artesia. I will say our room was big, nicely decorated in a contemporary style, and the bathroom was top notch size wise. The bed was a little hard for me but I'm unable to fault a hotel for this since my back is sensitive. Now onto the details I have not read: there is a train that comes through at midnight and six in the morning. The hotel is very close to the tracks, so be prepared for the train horn. Additionally, oil! Even though I understand this is an oil town, the smell of oil being processed does drift into the room through the a/c and heating unit. It's a horrible smell that you won't forget. Lastly, it's true the hotel does need better window blinds. Tips: Unable to give any true tips since the hotel is one of the better ones in town.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
7 Thank Kimberdny11
Anthony
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Very clean and nice hotel, very conveniently located. Contemporary and in excellent condition furniture. Very clean and well maintained building. Excellent customer service. Definitely family friendly. Recommend hotel with absolute confidence.

Room Tip: If you are reserving online and get no rooms call the hotel directly.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Elsa M
FL
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Walking distance from main street, this is a quiet, clean and well run property. The staff at the counter were all very polite and helpful. I had made some requests in the special comments section while making our reservation online and I was pleasantly surprised to see them accommodated and available in our room. Someone cares to read these comments and that does not always happen with the bigger chains. The rooms and bathroom are a nice size, the towels were soft, white and very good qualit. Everything was very clean and fresh; room, bathroom and public areas.
The shower head in our room was really difficult to adjust to a specific setting as the rack hanging on it kept sliding down to rest at the shower head.
There is no real view as it is really in the middle of town. That being said there is nothing unattractive about the surroundings.
All in all a good stay and I would return.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JYPA
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed January 8, 2014

This was a great little hotel! Just to clear things up, this hotel in in oil country which means that prices are high for the quality. We chose this hotel because it was more reasonably priced. We had a great experience. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and updated. Also, the hot tea was great. Lots of little extras were in each room which made me feel like they care about their guests. I would definitely stay there again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Emily R
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I was very disappointed in my stay here. My husband and I booked one night. We had an interesting check in experience. We were paying for our room with cash but instead of putting a hold on our card as a deposit they charged our card and then refunded it the next day. It was a very strange process. We got into our room for the night at about 1 am. Our room was right next to the porch so for the entire night the room was bright as day because of the lights outside. I woke up about 3 in the morning thinking it was the afternoon. Took quite awhile to fall back asleep. Please buy some curtains to go over your windows instead of just the blinds. The bed and pillows were very hard. My husband and I travel very frequently and have never stayed at a hotel where the mattress was so bad. The bathroom was clean but it was obvious that there was a foundation issue as there was a very large crack running through the middle of it. That morning we were woken up very early due to the walls being so thin. We could hear every person in the rooms next to us and above us as well as in the halls almost as though they were in the room with us, entire conversations. For the money we paid I get better quality at the holiday inn and also much
cheaper. We won't be staying here again.

• Stayed December 2013
3 Thank Emily A
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

I used this hotel because a very convenient location but was disappointed with the smell of carpet dirty..service was nothing wow so is just another overpriced choice in the area...really for this prices you get a 4 and 5 stars anywhere else but I was told im front desk. ..."oh well this is Artesia and we set our own prices"

• Stayed October 2013