“one of my favorites” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Casa Nova - CLOSED

Casa Nova
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Tel Aviv, Israel
“one of my favorites”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

The place is wonderful, summer or winter, doesn't matter, I was there during winter. They have two bars inside, I have been on the smaller bar in a smaller room, it's cosier there on my opinion. The bartender was really cool, he explained us all about the place and the house itself, about the dishes and the interesting drinks they have there - and they do have a variety of them. Had lots of fun tasting different things in small chasers, some of which we received "on the house".The food is great! The rice they serve (many varieties) is just incredible. I recommend this restaurant very much.

• Visited November 2012

Tampa, Florida
“perfect mid say snack and rest stop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

While living briefly in Israel, I particularly enjoyed exploring Jaffa. During my explorations I would often stop here to sit under the white umbrellas and gaze over the Mediterranian while sipping a cold glass of prosecco or pinot grigio and enjoying a different ceviche each time. Remember, Israeli service is not Western service, so before moaning about the pace or attentiveness, remember whose country you are in and what customs are there. Yes, it's slow, but if you are enjoying yourself and the company, you will hardly notice.

• Visited August 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Disappointment - took a risk”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

We took a chance with this place because of the couple of positive reviews on Tripadvisor. It was a risk I shouldn't have taken because it was my wife's birthday. Sorry, guys, you have clearly invested a great deal of thought in the place, its decor and even the tape that's running in the toilet. But without good food those things don't add up to much - unless the ambiance and setting are in another league, but they aren't. Your ingredients weren't fresh (the cherry tomato salad used tomatoes and vegetables that weren't top notch), the fish lacked in taste, and the service was overbearing. Unless you turn this ship around quickly this restaurant isn't going to be around for long. And you're competing in a city where we're spoiled for choice.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Israel
“excellent food and beautiful view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

My sister and I had the most wonderful meal yesterday. Between the 2 of us we had corn pancakes, celery salad and a calamari salad. Everything was delicious. We sat outside and the sea view was beautiful. The service was very pleasant too. I cannot remember when it was the last time I enjoyed a meal that much. With 2 cold drinks and 2 coffees we paid IS 185, which is really low for such gourmet food.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank SabineIsrael
Tel Aviv, Israel
“disapointing food, slow service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

we celebrated a family birthday................

we were disapointed from the dishes - SMALL & no as tasty

Service was SLOW

We will not return there anymore

• Visited September 2012