“Great food great ambience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Abrage

Abrage
Ranked #22 of 95 Restaurants in Jaffa
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Seafood, Israeli
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Scenic view, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great food great ambience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

We came here on our first day in Israel and the food was great , very reasonable gave us our first taste of local food and perfect ambience. Service was excellnt especially Tom and Daniel they were very attentive and courteous . I would recommend this to all my friends when they visit Jaffa. Bovic from Jacksonville , FL.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Sugarbo
madricha, Guest Relations Manager at Abrage, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Sugarbo,

how lovely that you enjoyed a meal at Abrage on your first day in Israel! I am so glad that we were able to provide you with good memories of our food and service (your comments have been passed on). Please do recommend us to your friends; we would be happy to serve them- and please visit us again if you return to Old Jaffa!

• Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Fisherman's Restaurant (Aaron & Jacob)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have visited this restaurant within the last couple of weeks, after a break of a couple of years. It was just as I had remembered; good food, good service and good atmosphere. We were three family members and had ordered a table next to the harbour. It was all ready waiting for us and a great beginning to the evening. Our waiter was very knowledgeable and he steered my son away from his first choice (something quite exotic) to something else, which, in the end, he was very satisfied with. My wife also had a whole fish dish, whilst I ordered a selection of sea foods on a platter, including crab, calamari, mussels, shrimps etc etc.
We started however with the usual Mediterranean mezze, or a selection of various salads. This was good and plentiful, though a little on the bland side to my taste.
As I have already intimated the main course was excellent.
My wife and and son had fruit juice with their meal, while I had small draught beer with my first course and a couple of classes of the house Chardonnay with the main course.
I do not take a 'sweet', however the rest of the family tell me that they enjoyed theirs enormously.
The bill, together with tip, came to about NIS600.00 or UK100.00 for three adults.
For a family evening I cannot recommend this restaurant too highly. The live music was an unexpected and added bonus. I will return to this restaurant shortly to try out their Greek (music) Evening on a Thursday.
Order in advance to ensure a table at the harbour's edge; the sunset is wonderful!

2 Thank NelsonHawke
Dear NelsonHawke,

I am so pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your meal at Abrage. Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review and I truly do hope you will visit us again (without a couple years in between!)
Budapest, Hungary
“definitely will come back again!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

This restaurant left me completely mesmerized... We ate a dish which came inside an oyster. The fish was amazing. The service was so friendly and personal. I knew nothing about the sea food and the waiter showed an incredible knowledge about all the small details. The dishes were served exactly on time. Succulent meals !!!
If you include the cool band that played outside, it's a night to remember.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank yael s
madricha, Guest Relations Manager at Abrage, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear yael s,

I'm so pleased to hear that you very much enjoyed your meal at Abrage and that we contributed to your night to remember! I appreciate you taking the time to review your experience with us and I do hope you'll visit us again the next time you're in Israel!
Lausanne, Switzerland
“Great food, great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

The food was great, but the same can be said of many restaurants in Tel Aviv / Jaffa. What set this place apart was warm and friendly service. Small complimentary appetizers were served before the meal. When the kitchen accidentally sent one dish that no-one ordered, they left it for us free of charge. There was a complimentary dessert offered. When we were paying, the server told one of my friends that her card strip was bad, and asked for a different card. When we were leaving, he quietly pulled her aside and said that the first card has been declined (he was trying to save her the embarrassment.)
The indoor decor was charming.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank VStraneChudes
NYC
“Touristy but OK nonetheless”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

Setting very nice - pedestrian square, Kedumim up at the top if the hill in Old Jaffa. The food was fine - we had salads and pasta - fresh and decently priced. For whatever reason, wasn't a wow - the service wasn't great - friendly enough, but not professional - food didn't arrive at the right time - etc. Wouldn't say don't go if you're in the area, but no need to go out of your way to head there.

Visited July 2013
Dear Ellen V,

thank you for taking the time to review your meal at Abrage. I'm glad you enjoyed the salads and pasta but I do wish we had made a more powerful impression on you. I hope you will allow us a second chance to do so the next time your are in Old Jaffa.