“Old Jaffa New Pearl for local traditional modern food”
Review of Al Ashi - CLOSED

Al Ashi
Description: Al Ashi is a chef restaurant that gives the center of attention to the cuisine of old Jaffa and a new interpretation.The restaurant is located in the center of the flee market,and the menu reflects the tastes of the narrowed streets of old Jaffa,the port and the culinary richness that defines her.The chef,Salah Kurdi,has managed to add a new dimension to redefine the old tastes.
Reviewed May 8, 2017 via mobile

I was visiting old Jaffa and got to the flee market in the middle of the day, can't help it with all the good smells there so I got a recommendation from a good friend that I trust and tried Al Ashi for the first time, first impression got me very happy with the cleanliness of the place, starting from the entrance through the kitchen (that I always pic in to see how it is) and all the way to the restrooms that were almost looked like someone just cleaned them up before I got in (although no one did it especially for me, they just maintain the place this way...)
The service was fantastic and very professional till the food arrived, if you expect OK or good food, this place will provide you much more, traditional Arab food from Jaffa with a modern twist done perfectly, every single dish we ordered was better than the previous one, we had 4 starters and a couple entrées they were all wonderful, I'm planning my next visit very soon, there is lots more on the menu to try, I strongly recommend you to pay them a visit!
Prices are very reasonable and affordable for everyone, if you have lunch they have wonderful lunch specials for almost nothing!
Thanks to the chef.

Reviewed May 2, 2017

the food choices look traditional, but are with some new ideas. everything we ate was very delicious, the service excellent and the wine good. this restaurant is a real surprise in the neighborhood. it is new, stylish, but not too much.

Reviewed April 29, 2017

It was an unplanned visit. But what a pleasant surprise it turned out to be.

If you have eaten in an Israeli / oriental / Arab restaurant you usually get the same package deal: Salads, falafel, humous... We expected this restaurant to be more of the same. But it was anything but.

It was oriental and Arabic, but it was definitely not the same tired package deal. The dishes were aesthetically pleasing, with a combination of tastes we were not expecting and definitely nothing we have experienced before.

Think of it as an Arabic restaurant, but on a higher level. A much higher level. Think of it as a gourmet kitchen. And there was no fluctuations of the high standards among the different dishes. Each serving, each bite, was a real treat.

The service was genuinely friendly, the ambiance warm and the decoration pleasing.

It has been a while since we have so throughly enjoyed at a restaurant in Israel.

So, if you are in Jaffa and are looking for a great meal, look no further. But don't thank me, thank the chef.

Reviewed April 27, 2017 via mobile

Really enjoyed our lunch here. Upscale, modern Arab food was very interesting and fun to try as it seems a lot of upscale restaurants in TLV try to go the international food route. We were the only ones in there at the time so the service was good.

Everything we ordered was tasty and it was hard to choose as most everything on the menu sounded good.

Reviewed April 25, 2017 via mobile

We spent a great evening here. The food is delicious and the waiters are very friendly. Nice location we sure will come back.

1  Thank Barbara S