“Used to be good”

Benedict Restaurant
Ranked #85 of 131 Restaurants in Herzliya
Cuisines: Israeli
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Waitstaff
Herzliya, Tel Aviv, Israel
“Used to be good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

The best thing about this place is having breakfast all day long. Any kind of breakfast you could find there 24 hours a day. This brunch is two minutes away from my home. I used to eat there very often. Lately I felt that the food is not like it used to be. I took two great seven years old kids with me for pancakes meal. We saw banana pancakes on their home menu, but they didn't have it. We ordered the bitter- sweet chocolate ones. We got three big and thick ones. They were in a pile and the chocolate( a few chocolate coins) wasn't in the pancake but burned on top of each. The pancakes were greasy and definitely big disappointed. Yesterday I went with a friend and we ordered two shakshuka ( eggs with tomatoes and peppers . Those ones were with eggplant and feta cheese as well). We got one tasty and a good shakshuka, and another burned that we had to return because the taste was awful. They great home baked rolls and the service is nice.

• Visited February 2014

• Hebrew first
illinois usa
“All Tel Aviv Area Benedit are worth a visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Although a chain of sorts, there are subtle differences. The Herzlyiah branch is clean and modern and near the sea, leading to an outside breeze that is special on warm nights. The Ben YehudaBranch is more run down, has lots of dogs in it (hard to get used to) but the food is fabulous. The Rothschild branch which takes reservations during the week but not Friday and Saturday is nice to sit in, has a great atmosphere. Try the pancakes, worth the wait, they are fluffy and the blueberry sauce not sickly sweet but devine and perfect. Fritata is a must. Skip side salads as they are below par for Israel.

• Visited December 2013
Kiryat Shmona, Israel
“A Great Breakfast Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

This restaurant is serving breakfasts (from all over the world) all day long.
I've been in the Tel Aviv branch before, but I liked this one better - the atmosphere and decor are nicer and so is the view of the sea.
I came with a friend who recommended this place. Since everything on the menu looked so good, we decided to share. First we ordered a savory breakfast - egg balls with mushrooms. Delicious! The dish itself and the salads and variety of breads that came with it.
Then we choose a sweet breakfast - white chocolate and espresso pancakes. Wonderful!. Although I would recommend to serve it with fresh cream so its slightly sour taste will balance all that sweetness.
The down side - the bathrooms were horrible. Smelled bad and were not clean at all.

• Visited June 2013
Tel Aviv, Israel
“NOT AS GOOD AS IT USED TO BE”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

I have eaten there many times, recommended the place to friends and family, and was going to write an excellent review. Unfortunately, my last visit, this week was very disappointing.

This is a very popular place – the location is excellent: next to the beach, you can see the blue sea – great.

The concept of this place is also very nice – breakfast all day long – a favorite of most Israelis.

In all my previous visits food was very good and abundant, service was very good and that is why I kept coming back.

This week it was completely different ! the service was really bad – we waited a long time for the waiter to come, we needed to ask for everything several times before getting it, and it seems the staff just didn't care and didn't feel like doing its job.

The food wasn't bad, it was average – not as before when it was very good.

The most shocking and disappointing for me were the toilets - They were dirty and smelled horrible. Not acceptable condition for any restaurant, especially not one that respects itself (or its clients).

I am sorry to say that until there is a major improvement – this place is not recommended.

• Visited October 2012