“The food was OK for it's price, bad service”
Review of Ocean Bar - CLOSED

Ocean Bar
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Been there with my family (6 persons) last Friday. we've ordered from the business menu (89 nis) which included appetizers, main dish and desert for each couple. The appetizers were very good indeed and so were the main dished. The thing is that my wife's fried squids served cold and not crispy at all so we've asked the waitress to bring us a new dish. it took about 20 minutes and by the time she got it, all of us already done eating our dishes. When ordering the deserts we asked for compensation but the manager said that we can't get it... only after arguing we got some extra desert. The final bill was full of mistakes (2 extra dishes that we didn't order and one glass of juice). To sum up - good food, bad service. I'll think twice if I wanna go there once again.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

one of my favorite sea food restaurant. good and tasty, service is quick and polite. going there quit often

Reviewed July 19, 2014

Ocean succeeds to maintain high standards for long time. Fresh ingridients ,, excellent service . interesting wine list and great atmosphere.
We spend a pleasant evening at a very attractive cost per person with high class food !!

Reviewed July 8, 2014

The Ocean is a great place for seafood. Hands down, the best in Hearzliya Pituach.
I won't go so far as to say this restaurant is up there with places like Manta-Ray or Mul-Yam (check them out), because then I might lose the little credibility I still have. However, I don't think that's what it's aiming for, yet still hits close to the mark. They just know how to handle seafood, and in Israel that may be hard to find (especially considering seafood is non kosher). Usually when you want good seafood, you need very deep pockets. The Ocean does that for half what you would expect.
The fish is always tender, the prawns and calamari always fresh and they have a crab-bisque to die for.
They do have non-fishy food, but it's usually a bit disappointing. If you don't like fish and sea food, pick a different venue.
Prices for a business lunch are about 50-70NIS pp.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

We really enjoyed this restaurant. The food is very tasty and the service was very good. The place is clean and there was very nice music.