“A very nice restaurant for a nice dinner....”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Whitehall

Whitehall
Ranked #102 of 131 Restaurants in Herzliya
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Toronto, Canada
“A very nice restaurant for a nice dinner....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

Came here with my family to celebrate a birthday on a Saturday afternoon.

The place wasnt full so we got a lot of attention from staff which was very nice.
At first we were thinking about ordering starters but then we found out that the main dishes arrive with some kind of starters. So you receive bread, salad and wings before the main dish arrives.

Remember not to order starters because there is no need for them really.

We were 5 grownups and each ordered something different and i have to say that each dish was great, nothing to complain about. My steak was done exactly how i asked, my wifes dish was great as well and same with the rest of the family.
This is not the best mean i had in my life but i'm not complaining here, we left the place with a smile.

Price was very reasonable as well.

It's a nice place for a nice occasion but not for a special one.

All in all we had a good time.

• Visited October 2013

• Hebrew first
kiryat Tivon, Israel
“Poor meat in a meat restaurant”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

The starters were OK. For the main coarse I ordered the sirloin. It was made medium-rare, just as I ordered, but the meat quality was poor. Like it was defrosted couple of times before cooked. Was missing all the tastes of a good sirloin. Well, maybe sirloin is too challenging - I asked the waiter to change the dish for a tenderloin. After some discussions, they were willing to replace. The tenderloin was not good as well. Uninspiring, not juicy, missing tastes (even for a tenderloin) - good enough to keep you not hungry, bit nothing more than this.
The restaurant was almost empty in the mid-evening (middle of the week) - not very common in this area.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Shai R
Kfar Saba, Israel
“Disappointment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

We had a meal for 2.
The first course was average. The chicken wings were cold and tasteless, the carpaccio was also a bit tasteless.
The steak, which was supposed to be a 500 grams Angus prime beef steak, was stiff as a sole, and cold. It was served on a hot pan which was not hot at all.
The knife could barely cut the steak. Around 15% of the steak was not chew-able.
I took steamed green beans as a side dish. The beans was so soft it was obvious it's a frozen beans and not a fresh one.
There are so many fresh fine vegetables in the market, why do you have to use a frozen one?
All in all it was a big disappointment. I would not go back again.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Nimr0dS
Holon, Israel
“Food is great, service a bit less.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

My wife and I usually celebrate birthdays and anniversaries in restaurants. This time we decided to try the Whitehall as we love meat very much.
Tell you the truth, my review would have been excellent if not for the service. the food is great! and when I write great, I mean every dish was so tasty, you can eat your fingers off.
One thing about the service - it doesn't really feels a restaurant - there is nothing elegant or personal in the service. its more like a fast food deal, when you expect a little bit more from a place you spend 400 shekels to have a (candle lights) dinner.

• Visited April 2013
Tel Aviv, Israel
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“SHOULD BE BETTER”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We came the two of us and was hopng for a very good meal acording to the reviews we hard. but unfurtunatly its was not so, not what we were waiting so .
First of all, ...The rest room was awful... smelly and dirty.
Then,the food came quite cold , when we askd for the disert most of the Icons were finished .
The atmosphere and The waiters were very nice doe, No parking, but with payments.

• Visited January 2013