“Good and Bad”

Daniel Herzliya Hotel
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Herzliya
Reviewed December 5, 2013

The best thing about this hotel is proximity to the beach and the nature surrounding it. Most of the female front desk staff are rude. The waitresses in the restaurant are good but the skinny female day manager of the restaurant is awful. The breakfast wait staff are good but the bald manager is both spooky and rude. Cleaning staff is awesome probably because they are all well paid folks from Ethopia. Internet is $30 U.S. per day. Beer U.S. $10 per glass. Expensive store / restaurant with OK food inside the hotel. $75 U.S. for a bottle of Vodka at the store. Take a long walk to the marina if you want decent food or drinks that are not expensive. $200 per night in winter for the room. A couple was doing it on the hammock outside downstairs. Smoking is allowed if you open the window, don't trip the smoke alarm or have a balcony.

Room Tip: They show the picture of the hotel next door on their website!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
riki a, Guest Relations Manager at Daniel Herzliya Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

Dear Richard,

I have reviewed your comments regarding your stay at the Daniel Herzliya hotel.

I was sorry to read that your overall stay did not meet your expectations and I wish to sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience you commented on the site..

I wish to assure you that we at the Daniel Herzliya Hotel are sincere in our aim to ensure that our guests receive a high standard of service and accommodation.
Therefore, your comments are very important to us and enable us to check ourselves and improve our level of service.

I will be more than happy if you could send me your personal mail address or phone number so I can speak to you in person.
My mail address Michale@tamareshotels.co.il

Best regards,
Guest relation manager

There are newer reviews for Daniel Herzliya Hotel

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Great hotel, nice setting. My room was spacious and well appointed, but with limited English language TV. My only bad comment would be regarding WiFi. It really should be available in every room and free. A bar open on the beach would also be a bonus.

• Stayed: November 2013
riki a, Guest Relations Manager at Daniel Herzliya Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments on this website.

It was particularly pleasing to see that your impression of our Team members and service was good and that you felt well taken care of during your stay.

I am glad to hear that your stay with us was comfortable and enjoyable, and you enjoyed our special menu and the spa facilities.

I am looking forward to welcome you back to the Daniel Herzelia Hotel by Tamares Hotels.

Best Regards,

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Spent 10 nights and during my stay I have been in my rooms. None of the two has impressed me, and none of the two match the expected 4 stars hotel standards. They were old with stains of dirty in the floor, on the wall, and on the curtains.
Room does not has the value of its price (195$ per night). In Europe, hotel standars are much higher for hotels at a such price level. Incredible that wifi was not included in the price, charge is 20$ a day, for a service that nowdays is a commodity equalized to hot water in the room. 20$ is much more the monthly fee for residential wifi connections. Both the rooms were located on the side of the hotel, so no front sea view. Because of that, I requested if possible to stay in front view room due to my long staying, and same to have WiFi for free, but no way to negotiate. Despite my long occupancy in the hotel, I was not eligible for any special offer or discount. Too bad, there is still room to improve customer care and actions to attract customers. Finally, Service make up room lady knocked at 11am, and as i was still busy, we agreed to have room made up at about 4pm. At 11pm room was not made yet. I asked the reception about having the room set and clean, and they came with a new toiletry set, and that's it. Romm was never set at the end. myself and my colleagues will return to Israel, we never more return to Daniel and select other hotels possibly cheaper but with better services.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Activetravell3r

I have reviewed your comments regarding your stay at the Daniel Herzliya hotel.

Some issues could have been rectified during your stay as my team and I are available to guests all the time.

If you are planning on returning to Herzliya, I hope you will give us another opportunity, so that we can restore your faith in us.
I also invite you to send me your personal mail address so I can speak to you in person.
My mail address Michale@tamareshotels.co.il

Best regards,
Guest relation manager

Reviewed December 2, 2013

In November we rented a private apartment in the Daniel Hotel and had access to the amenities that the Hotel offers. The pool area was very clean and had good access to the beach - one of the best in Israel. Lots of restaurants and the Arena Mall and Marina within walking distance. The lobby is spacious and a great place for morning coffee or breakfast.We did not see any of the rooms but I am sure that they are as you would expect from a hotel of this type. It was an enjoyable and relaxing 2 week stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
riki a, Public Relations Manager at Daniel Herzliya Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Best Regards,

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Im coming to the hotel a few times per year... always have great time and great service... the room is always clean,breakfast is amaizing and the pool with an excrss to the beach is great.....also the stuff is wonderful, especially riki the manager that she makes sure every one happy:)) Rami .new york..

• Stayed: November 2013
riki a, Guest Relations Manager at Daniel Herzliya Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Dear Rami,

Reviewed November 24, 2013

We spent 4 days in Herzlia at the Daniel Hotel
We had been there many times before but never had the personal 1st class service
that we were offered by Victor and his staff.
On needing a computer,Victor invited my wife & I into the business lounge giving us
somewhere to relax in private
Thank you again to Victor & his capable staff
Mr & Mrs Seidman

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
riki a, Guest Relations Manager at Daniel Herzliya Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Dear Mr & Mrs Seidman,

Reviewed November 21, 2013

We were looking for the ultimate getaway experience: a beautiful hotel, a pampering environment, a top of the line spa, and kosher food. Shizen was the perfect answer! The staff was pleasant from start to finish, the rooms were in a secluded private and quiet area from the main hotel which created a peaceful ambiance. We spent the afternoon by the poolside enjoying the view of the beautiful hertzylia beach from the large sunbathing area. Swinging on the hammock while watching the sun set, sitting under big palms...could have been on a remote island somewhere...it was beyond beautiful. The rooms were modern, clean and elegant. The only thing I didn't like was not having fridge space to store our own drinks because the mini fridge in the room was an auto charge (and very expensive). The spa area was pampering to the last detail and the massages were wonderful!
We had breakfast there in a secluded quiet space, with lovely staff and a generous healthy breakfast.
The ambiance overall was so peaceful and the experience exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
riki a, Guest Relations Manager at Daniel Herzliya Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Dear Yaelle M ,
Thank you for your positive comments .of Shizen Hotel.

I am glad to hear that your stay with us was comfortable and enjoyable, and you enjoyed our specialy Shizen hotel and the spa facilities.