Daniel Herzliya Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$560
  • Beachfront
Publica Isrotel, Autograph Collection(Herzliya)(Great Value!)
$400
$360
$538
$510
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Benjamin Herzliya Business Hotel(Herzliya)(Great Value!)
$252
$192
Sharon Hotel(Herzliya)(Great Value!)
$262
$194
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Orchid Okeanos Boutiqe Herzlia(Herzliya)(Great Value!)
$286
$247
Agoda.com
$300
$275
Priceline
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,222 results
All reviewsshizen spapool areatel avivbusiness loungedeluxe roomsea viewbusiness tripisraeli breakfastbeautiful beachdanielhammocksrelationmarinamediterranean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 27, 2013

What can I say! This has got to be the worst hotel in terms of service, cleanliness and most other requirements you would expect from a hotel.
From the moment you arrive and enter the filthy lifts and make way to your filthy rooms your hotel stay from hell will begin!

One you make it to the lower floor (nice smell of sewage) past the Towel police at the pool (anybody would think you were staying at the Four Seasons Beverley Hills) and show them your i.d. you will receive your stained tatty towels. Only when you lay down on the sun beds and look up to admire the view will reality kick in! yes it really does look like a scene from a Hollywood movie about a derelict hotel or hostel. The beach is exceptional but then the hotel doesn't own it (thats why) but it's a little difficult making your way there as the gates are locked and only by using a malfunctioning key card can you exit the hotel.

If you are desperate to visit I would suggest renting an apartment within the hotel most are in better condition from the hotel rooms and there are various websites from holiday letting websites but if you are looking for value for money I would suggest anywhere else in the world would be better value and cleaner!

Room Tip: Rent a private apartment within the hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank David B
Rilapel, Guest Relations Manager at Daniel Herzliya Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

I have reviewed your comments regarding your stay at the Daniel Herzliya hotel.

I was sorry to read that your overall stay did not meet your expectations and I wish to sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience you commented on the site..

Some issues could have been rectified during your stay as my team and I are available to guests all the time.

I wish to assure you that we at the Daniel Herzliya Hotel are sincere in our aim to ensure that our guests receive a high standard of service and accommodation.
Therefore, your comments are very important to us and enable us to check ourselves and improve our level of service.

If you are planning on returning to the Herzliya, I hope you will give us another opportunity, so that we can restore your faith in us.
I also invite you to send me your personal mail address so I can speak to you in person.
My mail address riki.apel@tamareshotels.co.il

Best regards

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Worse hotel I have ever stayed in and I travel for wrok 25 weeks out of the year. Had room 234 it is a ground floor suite steps from the beach. This is a shame amazon property the rooms are just horrible, dirty, smelly and full of mold college had room on 10 floor and it was just as bad... Small old rooms... My room was recently renovated this is the worst renovation I have ever seen they covers up the old and left the problems coverd up... Walls full of VISABLE mold bathrooms were dirty and smelly in both rooms... Wifi is expansive and slow. My room was so bad I slept outside.. I AM SERIOUS the only reason I stayed was because I didn't get back to my room until after 11 and when I checked in I just dropped my bags .... Staff clearly doesn't care about the place.... Don't let the pictures foul you like they did me ... And they charged me 700$ us a night for my so called suite... I denied the charge with Amex and they are currently fighting it...

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Emh192

Dear Mr Holetzman,

I have reviewed your comments regarding your stay at the Daniel Herzliya hotel.

On behalf of the Hotel Management and Staff please accept my sincere apologies for the shortfalls during your recent stay with us.
We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations.Our hotel does review and address these situations very carefully.

Your comments have been discussed amongst the entire Hotel Management team.
I wish to thank you for taking the time to complete this review. I assure you that action steps will be taken in order to avoid similar situations in the future.
My mBest regards
ail address riki.apel@tamareshotels.co.il

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I was verry pleased from the staff treatment..ali and sofi from the dininng room were great.also the staff in the pool was good.the view was great. We receieved room124in the north building-great.
We like to know what are the prices for succot so we can come all the familly.pls inform us your best prices for us a.s.a.p.pls contact mashaal shalom 0523-517919.tnx

• Stayed: August 2013
Rilapel, Guest Relations Manager at Daniel Herzliya Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear Alex,

Thank you for your positive comments on this website.regarding SUKOT reprasenativ of the reservation center will call you as soon as possible.

It was particularly pleasing to see that your impression of our Team members and service was good and that you felt well taken care of during your stay.

I am glad to hear that your stay with us was comfortable and enjoyable, and you enjoyed our special menu and the spa facilities.

I am looking forward to welcome you back to the Daniel Herzelia Hotel by Tamares Hotels.

Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments.

Best Regards
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We've arrived at 13:30 and got a room on spot. I've booked deluxe but they upgrated us to club, without asking. They have two buildings, one for regular rooms and the second for deluxe and up. My room was very nice. Especially I liked the bathroom, with separated bathtube, shower and toilets. I've booked deluxe because of balcony, so I've enjoyed a great view to Mediterranean. The room itself was large, clean and recently refurbished.The beach is 200 meters from the hotel. The food was OK indeed. What's annoyed me it's that if you want to use the minibar to put your own staffs, you need to pay extra money. They also need to refurbish the exterior a bit too.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Alex,

Thank you for your positive comments on this website.

Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments.

Best Regards
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed August 23, 2013

The low quality of this expensive hotel made me sign up to tripadvisor to write this review....

Staff were good and bad; some smiled as you walked passed, helped with questions and advice and were generally good. Others appeared annoyed that you were bothering them at all, even the reception staff, who I think, have the job of greeting and answering questions. The staff around the pool and poolside restaurant were excellent!

My room was good, very big, big bed and lots of windows. Aircon, TV (terrible selection of channels), bathroom ect. all good and clean.

When I arrived, very late at night, the receptionist was quite stubborn, no offer of Wi-Fi (you still have to pay for Wi-Fi at this place?!?! And it's extremely expensive) and when I got my room key she pointed towards the elevators. I went in the direction she pointed and called the lift, once inside I realised it only went to floor 10 or 12 and I was on the 14th floor?? I tried the lift next to it and it was the same situation. I got in and went as high as I could in the hope of there being a different elevator when I got out but no joy. I went back down and not holding out much hope of getting any information from reception, had a look around. I finally found a lift to the 14th floor around the corner.

I got to the room and have no complaints about it. I would have liked to use the internet briefly before making a few calls and going to bed but I realised it was not free. I could not be bothered to go back to the reception (as I say, I arrived late and was tired) so I took a beer from the mini bar and went to sleep.

Next day I woke up to an amazing view of the area around and the beach overlooked by my hotel room. I decided to go to the beach for a few hours after breakfast. Breakfast was excellent! Very good food and the chef who cooked my omelette was quite funny. Good layout for the breakfast as well.

Then to the beach: It was hot so I did not take a towel, as I could dry in the sun. I went to reception (oh no) and asked how to get to the beach, "down stairs" I was told, I could quite clearly see that I needed to go down stairs. I decided at this point to treat the bad staff like they were treating me. "down which stairs I asked" to which she pointed towards. I went down and met some more staff who had to take your name and room number before letting you into the pool area (which eventually leads to the beach). They were extremely unfriendly, one guy was looking at me like he wanted to fight me, very angry looking man.

I made it passed these guys where I met yet another member of staff, who informed me I needed my room key to use this exit to the beach, which of course I had (luckily of I would have had to go all the way back to get it). Finally I made it to the beach, which was beautiful. The water was warm, safe area to swim clearly marked out and there was a few places renting bodyboards/surf boards. Very very nice beach.

Back towards my room and I stopped in the pool area for a beer and some lunch. Beer was good and the food was good for the fast food type setup they had. I did wait about 25 mins on food but as I had beer this did not bother me. A lady around the pool noticed I had been sitting for a long time without my lunch and immediately went to the food counter and seen to it that I was next to be fed.

I could not be bothered going out for dinner, it was the last day of my trip and I was very tired. I arranged to get the dinner in the hotel and charge it to my room, the guy asked if had my credit card on me at the time. I did not, which is why I asked to charge it to the room, I do not know why he wanted it at this point. Dinner was very very expensive at around £70 GPB and the quality did not reflect the price at all. It was a buffet and I have honestly had better meals from a fast food joint. I was asked if I would like a drink, I ordered a beer. I seen the waiter coming with the beer a few minutes later, then he went and talked to another waiter, with my beer in his hand. The two of them then went and talked to what must have been their boss as he was dressed in a nicer suit, still holding my beer, I could nearly taste it at this point. I took a small portion to eat and when I went for a second I had to rush back to table to stop the waiter disposing of my half full beer, it was hard enough to get, I wasn't waiting on another.
=======
In conclusion; the hotel was very nice looking, the staff were half good and half bad, the location was excellent and the rooms were good but for the money it cost, I would expect a LOT more. Would not come back.

Room Tip: I had a corner room on the 14th floor and it was very big and had a lot of windows
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank McCr3a
Rilapel, Guest Relations Manager at Daniel Herzliya Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2013

Dear Guest,

I have reviewed your comments regarding your stay at the Daniel Herzliya hotel.

I was sorry to read that your overall stay did not meet your expectations especialy regarding the reception staff and I wish to sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience you commented on the site..

My mail address riki.apel@tamareshotels.co.il