“Worn out property.......”

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Herzliya
Austin, Texas
“Worn out property.......”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

The only good thing about the hotel is its location on the beach. The service is poor and the hotel overall show sad signs of wear and tear. Rooms are not well maintained and the daily cleaning leaves a lot to be desired.
Checking in is always hit an miss and on check out I always have to check the bill because I have found many errors in the billing.
The breakfast buffet is OK but the service quality is poor, I always have to be looking for a server to pour more coffee. Training seems to be lacking throughout the hotel.
I have been coming to this hotel on and off for 10+ years and it is sad to see it going down.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
UK
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Stayed 4 nights on business. The hotel is OK but has some issues. When I arrived late on the first day, room service was not available because it finishes at 22:00. Whilst the menu said cold platters were available after 22:00, I could not raise anyone on the phone to request one so gave up and had a snickers bar from the mini-bar. Generally, parts of the hotel are in need of a refurbishment. I as in a room on the 7th floor with a good view of the beach. The room was OK but did need an update.

The room book mentioned the air conditioning which was welcome but failed to mention that it was turned off at the time of year I visited, which was not. This is a cardinal sin in my book. Whilst I could open the window (well not on the second night when a gale was blowing), this did not reduce the temperature to something that was comfortable (I had flown in from UK where I was used to freezing temperatures, so was not used to the balmy Tel Aviv nights).

The room did not have internet access which in this day and age is ridiculous. Parts of the hotel (such as the lobby) have a chargeable wifi network but I prefer to be able to work in my room rather than the lobby area.

The hotel has a spa complex. You need to pay a fee to access it but they only have day rates available. This made using the Gym and pool for an hour or so in the evening not economical which was a shame.

On the plus side, the breakfasts are good and the 1 meal I had at the hotel in the evening was very good (although expensive). Also the hotel is in a good spot and was very convenient for the office I was visiting.

Tel Aviv
Reviewed December 3, 2012

A few days ago I proposed to my girlfriend in the Daniel Hotel and it was one of the best experiences of my life!
The entire hotel crew, led by Riki Apel (one of the hotel directors), helped with the proposal and contributed in the making of this very ambitious endeavour.
All and all I can say this - The facilities were first class (and especially the Spa); The room (Shizan wing) was beautiful with a fantastic view of the sea right from our room window and balcony; The food was very good and so was the room service; but above all the stuff was extremely friendly and helpful!
I will recommend the hotel to all my friends.

Room Tip: The Shizan wing of the hotel is a great pick for couples!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Altos, California
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I have stayed at Daniel many times and the main reason is its location - close to the beach and the business hub of Hertzelia. The hotel offers one of the best breakfast in Isarel.
The down side is a slow service at times, very expensive internet service (who charges $25 a day in this day and age??), and the A/C is inconsistent.

Room Tip: There are two different towers - ask to be located in the newer tower (it might cost more)
Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Stayed here 3 nights, whilst doing business in Herzlia. I agree with others that the hotel is adequate, but showing signs of tiredness and in need of some refurbishment. The main public areas are OK and the service was excellent. Very friendly front desk and breakfast restaurant staff were responsive. Had a room in old tower on 11th floor. Only one lift was working and it took nearly 10 minutes on three occasions to arrive, so I decided to walk down. The bedroom was fine but a bit tired around the edges. Wifi reception was excellent, but not free.
Outside, a large area of the beach was cordoned off for work, so very unattractive. However, 10 minutes walk south is the new Marina, which had lots of bars and restaurants and plenty of life around the boats.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Chicago
Reviewed November 21, 2012

This property, until recently owned and operated by Dan Hotels, is one of the nicer hotels along Ramat Yam Street along the beach. Although beginning to show its age a bit like many properties in the ares this hotel has been maintained much more carefully than many. The restaurant serves good, typical Israeli tourist fare and the service is head and shoulders above some of the competition.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the South Tower which is better maintained and in overall better condition.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
London
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Before leaving for the Daniel Hotel I was persuaded to tune in to trip Adviser. We had already paid for our trip but if I learnt anything, it was to give a place a chance and make up your own mind. Some travellers had clearly been disappointed but I can only report as I found which was that from the moment we arrived until leaving 4 days later, our stay was a spectacular success.

The Receptionist welcomed us as though we were old friends and quickly directed us to our room which boasted an enormous double bed and an equally large mirror covering half the wall We had a brilliant view from a small but adequate balcony. The bathroom with a separate shower and toilet area was very well laid out and suitably equipped.

The Daniel is located on the beach and they have a large swimming pool which is not as luxurious as a neighbouring Hotel but few are. The Bar around the Hotel pool was well serviced.
Back in the room, my TV had teething problems, but the Room staff quickly changed the handset and all was fine. Wi-Fi is an extra, although it is free within the business centre

Like all high quality hotels in Israel, Breakfasts were a highlight. Every taste was satisfied and the restaurant was very well run. All the staff were very helpful and continually asking what else might be needed.

We certainly could not fault the Daniel Hotel. We wanted to keep control of our costs, by staying
in a good quality Hotel and opting for a better room. We certainly achieved this.

Room Tip: Stay in a higher floor
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple