Daniel Herzliya Hotel
Publica Isrotel, Autograph Collection(Herzliya)(Great Value!)
$240
Hotels.com
$560
  • Beachfront
Benjamin Herzliya Business Hotel(Herzliya)(Great Value!)
$225
Sharon Hotel(Herzliya)(Great Value!)
$187
$132
  • Pool
Orchid Okeanos Boutiqe Herzlia(Herzliya)(Great Value!)
$265
$225
$287
$305
$265
1,220 results
All reviewsshizen spapool areatel avivbusiness loungedeluxe roomsea viewbusiness tripisraeli breakfastbeautiful beachdanielhammocksrelationmarinamediterranean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Before leaving for the Daniel Hotel I was persuaded to tune in to trip Adviser. We had already paid for our trip but if I learnt anything, it was to give a place a chance and make up your own mind. Some travellers had clearly been disappointed but I can only report as I found which was that from the moment we arrived until leaving 4 days later, our stay was a spectacular success.

The Receptionist welcomed us as though we were old friends and quickly directed us to our room which boasted an enormous double bed and an equally large mirror covering half the wall We had a brilliant view from a small but adequate balcony. The bathroom with a separate shower and toilet area was very well laid out and suitably equipped.

The Daniel is located on the beach and they have a large swimming pool which is not as luxurious as a neighbouring Hotel but few are. The Bar around the Hotel pool was well serviced.
Back in the room, my TV had teething problems, but the Room staff quickly changed the handset and all was fine. Wi-Fi is an extra, although it is free within the business centre

Like all high quality hotels in Israel, Breakfasts were a highlight. Every taste was satisfied and the restaurant was very well run. All the staff were very helpful and continually asking what else might be needed.

We certainly could not fault the Daniel Hotel. We wanted to keep control of our costs, by staying
in a good quality Hotel and opting for a better room. We certainly achieved this.

Room Tip: Stay in a higher floor
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 10, 2012

A lovely location, above a beautiful beach and close to a range of great restaurants and bars. We stayed in the older tower and agree with other reviewers that the decor was tired and the electrics positively dangerous. Housekeeping needs shaking up - every day brought a different selection of towels (some days only 2 small towels), and rooms were still being cleaned as late as 4.30pm. The breakfasts were good with a wide range of food, and omelettes cooked to order. Parking near the hotel was difficult. I enjoyed the outdoor pool which was large and empty - great to swim in, although some days there were no pool towels available. On the day we left, we were presented with a bill for the full cost of our room (for which we had prepaid). The reception staff were defensive, and unapologetic when I produced the confirmation to show that we had paid - an unhappy note to leave on!

Room Tip: we stayed in the older tower where the rooms had no balconies, so maybe request one of the rooms in the newer tower
Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Let's get one thing out of the way. The location of this hotel is excellent. That's said, if you were to pitch a tent on the beach outside, it's location would also be excellent.
Now to the facts. I stayed in one of the Shizen rooms, which are supposed to be better then the regular rooms. It smelled old. Paint was peeling and electrical outlets were not attached correctly to the wall. Plastic\Net curtains had holes, and reminded me of something that you might see in a dilapidated old folks home. The bathroom is badly designed and the shower tiles were mouldy. Taking a shower caused water to leak all over the floor. Towels were threadbear. The soap holder in the shower was hanging off and rust stains were visible from the screws and fixtures.
I was supposed to have a double bed, but is was actually two singles pushed together. That's a pet hate of mine, as I inevitably end up rolling into the gap in the middle and waking up. To top it off, I was woken up at 11pm by what sounded like a tumble dryer directly beneath the room.
The TV kept failing every 10 - 15 minutes and I had to plug it out and back in to restore service. I gave up on that after a while. Reception do not answer the phone - I tried 5x times on two occasions, and ended up having to walk upstairs to be 'greeted' by a sulky looking woman who obviously thought she had better things to be doing.
Internet access is ridiculously expensive for this day and age, and only works on one device. If you want access for a laptop and phone then you'll pay twice.
Elevators to the Shizen area are old and jerky - that's when they work. This just adds to the overall impression.
If you like an Israeli style breakfast you'll be OK. Personally I don't enjoy raw vegetables and pickled fish for breakfast. The so-called restaurants are very poor, with meager offerings.
If this was a three star hotel, I would probably give it three stars in my review. As it is, it's classed as a five star hotel, which is a kick in the crotch to real five star hotels that actually make the effort to gain the classification.
I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express in the US a couple of weeks ago (everything else in the area was full) and enjoyed it more than the shambles that is the Daniel - beds were comfortable, it was newly decorated, Internet was free, staff were great, the breakfast was better, and it was 1/3 the price.
Overall, overrated, overpriced, and most definitely not five star. No disrespect intended, but anyone who thinks this is a five star hotel obviously hasn't (i) ever been outside of Israel, or (ii) stayed in a real five star so has nothing to compare it to.

Room Tip: Stay away from lowest floor Shizen to avoid a rude awakening from the tumble dryers.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Very well located hotel although our room was on the ground floor we had great views over the beach and the hotel gardens and swimming pool. The room decor was a little tired but a good size with plenty of room for clothes and cases - the bathroom however needs updating. The breakfast was typical Israeli fare with a lot of variety. The Marina is a 20 minute walk or short taxi ride away but well worth the journey great outlook, good shops and restaurants where you can eat in or out. The spa is well worth a visit with its soothing music lovely relaxing warm oils and treatments but it is buried in the bowels of the hotel and takes a bit of finding.

Room Tip: Our room was on the ground floor on the left as you enter the hotel I believe there is a big variation in the rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Hotel Daniel is a wonderfully located hotel. The hotel has two towers, each is very different then the other. One is very old and has no balconies, the other is newer and offers larger rooms, and a nice balcony overlooking the sea. There may be a difference in prices between the two (or they may categorize the newer tower as "deluxe"). Parking in / near the hotel can be very challenging.
The staff is very helpful and friendly. The breakfast at the hotel is world-class.
In the surrounding area of the hotel there are great restaurants and awesome sea-side bars.
Another thing to consider for those not familiar with the Tel-Aviv area, this hotel is Not in Tel-Aviv. It requires a costly cab ride or a lengthy bus ride.
Overall, a very good hotel and good facilities - recommended.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business