“Large room, gracious staff”
Review of Sharon Hotel

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Herzliya
Rochester, New York, USA
“Large room, gracious staff”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We moved to this hotel after staying a few days in a city center business hotel. While a little dated, the size of the room and beautiful ocean view more than made up for it. Everything was super clean and all staff were very friendly. My colleagues and I were impressed with the business lounge comfort and snacks. The Spa was closed due to some maintenance. I would suggest they move dinner dining to the room overlooking the ocean off the bar as the main dining room also used for breakfast was too big for the number of evening diners and the lighting too harsh for a relaxing evening meal. Other than that the food was good and we really enjoyed the Sharon Hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
LibiL, Customer Service at Sharon Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear greentravelhfl,

Thank you for your kind and detailed comments; we're happy that you had such an enjoyable time with us. It is clear that you appreciated the rooms, hotel amenities, and unbeatable location.
We hope you will return to the Sharon hotel where we will be delighted to welcoming you back.

Kind regards,
Sharon hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We received a big room with the possibility of going straightly to the garden.. Less expensive than Tel aviv.. Goog food
i recommend it strongly
Nice spa... With indoor swimming pool and outside swimming pool of sea water!!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank drariel
LibiL, Customer Service at Sharon Hotel, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear Drariel

Your kind words and comments are most greatly appreciated, thank you so much for sharing.
We're delighted that you had such a lovely time and our team and facilities left such a positive and lasting impression on you.
We'd be delighted to welcome you back again soon and, as such, advise to join the "Red Flower" club for up to date offers and discounts.
with best regards for now,
Sharon Hotel.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Because I am a frequent guest in the Sharon Hotel, I feel that I can speak with some authority about the place. First, one has to realize the historical significant of this hotel, for example, in 1966 David Ben-Gurion Israel’s first prime minister was a guest in this hotel. Just to show you that the quality of this hotel has a long history. Indeed, what I like in this hotel is the care and the pride that the employees take in keeping the place immaculately clean and up to date. During my 8 years of being a frequent guest in the hotel the TVs were changed, bathrooms were redone, and room furniture changed. The staff treats you as a friend and a family member. Add to it the view of the Mediterranean Sea, a smoke free environment, the mandatory Israeli lavish breakfast table banquet, central location, and the moderate price, and you have a great place to stay in Israel. Ok, the waiters in the restaurant can smile more frequently.

Yechiam O

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
LibiL, Customer Service at Sharon Hotel, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Dear Yechiam

Thank you so much for the lovely recommendation.We're thrilled you had such a good time with us and enjoyed everything the hotel has to offer, from the amazing views to the friendly service.
Your review has mentioned every single highlight of our hotel and we appreciate you taking the time to share this with other travelers.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we hope to welcome you back soon.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed for two nights (well that was what was planned). During our stay an electrical fire occurred. We needed to switch rooms due to the smoke. The staff offered any location that was available to us and included an additional day to compensate for the inconvenience.
Location on the beach is wonderful and the cafés within walking distance are an extra bonus.
We will return for sure ....just one suggestion for the Sharon Hotel. Please leave the lobby lights on in the evening hours for the guests. Thank you.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
LibiL, Customer Service at Sharon Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear Fran
Thank you for taking time to post your review and for choosing the "Sharon hotel" for your recent stay. Your comments mean the world to us.
We are constantly trying to provide the best possible service for our guests and we're sincerely happy to hear of your delightful experiences.
We'll certainly look forward to welcome you back soon and in the meantime, make sure to join our "Red Flower" club for up to date news on deals and discounts.

Neptune, New Jersey
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Having stayed at the Sharon in Herzlya for many years it is my preferred hotel in Israel. The staff know me and always provide a very warm welcome and go out of their way to accomodate my every need.
The rooms are clean and spacious and, as a frequent guest, I always get the view of my choice irrespective of how full the hotel may be.
The breakfast buffet is exceptional and the service only aims to please.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
LibiL, Customer Service at Sharon Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear Greenford8,

We're delighted that you are having such a lovely time and our team and facilities left such a positive and lasting impression on you.
With best regards for now,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Although this was my first stay as a solo traveller I have been coming to the Sharon Hotel for well over twenty years. I was welcomed back and looked after by the staff at the hotel with both kindness and efficiency. I had the most lovely room looking out to the sea (room 34). The pool is refreshing and I found it very relaxing reading under an umbrella on the grass area. I enjoyed the food at the hotel particularly the tasty Israeli breakfast. I decided to host a lunch party for ten members of my family at rather short notice. Under the supervision of Garry this was arranged efficiently and effectively. We were even given a private room. I also had a lovely treatment in the spa which I would highly recommend. I had another wonderful stay at the Sharon (home from home) and of course I look forward to returning again soon.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank columbas12
LibiL, Customer Service at Sharon Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Mr.Colombas

We'll certainly look forward to welcome you back soon.

Kind regards,
Portland, Oregon, United States
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I have been coming to the Sharon Hotel for the past 13 years. It has become my home when I am in Israel. The staff treat me with respect and help to make my stay enjoyable. The rooms look out on the sea, the location is away from the hustle and bustle of Tel Aviv and yet when the city draws me to it, it is only a 15 minute drive. There are restaurants within 200 meters in the square or on the beach. The gym has all the equipment I need for a good work out AND the business lounge is an oasis.

I recommend the Sharon for business trips or family vacations

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
LibiL, Costumer Service at Sharon Hotel, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear Mr.Cahn

Thank you so much for the lovely recommendation, and sharing your views with others.
It was delightful to hear of our team effort to ensure an enjoyable event, we will be sure to share your kind words and thank you for enabling us to give credit where it is due.
Looking forward to welcome you back soon,