“Medium value, missing details”
Review of Sharon Hotel

Sharon Hotel
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Herzliya
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Most everything was fine at this hotel, but some of the details and the fairly expensive rate prevent it from being excellent. We were happy to have connecting rooms (which we'd requested for our family), but the connecting door was locked and not easily opened because we arrived late at night. The tv remote would not lower the volume or change channels easily--not hugely important, but stopped an otherwise nice place from being as relaxing after big sightseeing days as it could've been.

One room always received an okay cleaning (though instant coffee was not replaced and cups were cheap paper, stir sticks melted in hot water, kettle did not shut off automatically), but other one never received enough towels -- had to request them every time. Shower was positioned much too high to be effective & water "sprayed" from both it and the sink, which was annoying for children. Just details, but...

Wait staff in restaurant was wonderful and warm, and breakfasts included were exceptional. But reception desk was frequently empty, and a friend's room was often open--no one seemed concerned that the lock was broken. Strange way of dispensing non-complimentary sodas and candy led to many in our party having to make special arrangements to return unwanted items to avoid being charged.

Cool weather kept us from enjoying beach, and indoor pool is still under construction -- these two will likely improve a future visit. Taxis weren't plentiful but easily called. Area pharmacy, bank exchange, etc., were easily accessible and people were exceedingly helpful. Enjoyed the place overall.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed February 11, 2012

We stayed for 2 weeks in September over the Succot holiday.

First, the good news:

The hotel is in a great location, right on top of beach with great view to sea. We had a nice suite for us and the kids. Food is fair. So far so good.

Now the bad news:

Staff are for the most part rude and uninterested. The reception staff were the most incompetent and offensive I have ever encountered.

Cleaning is almost non-existent. Public areas were dirty; floors in public areas were sticky. Floors were swept with mops that stank to high heaven.

Outdoor Pool is Arctic temperature, fit only for inducing a heart attack. Pool attendant was one of the laziest and rudest I've ever met. He should be put out to pasture. Indoor pool was shut for refurb when we went; not that hotel told us until 24 hours before we went!

I would never set foot in this hotel again. For money spent, we would have been better off in the Accadia or the Daniel. Only go if someone else is paying.

• Stayed: September 2011
7  Thank markieboyrulesok
Reviewed February 7, 2012

I was expecting to be writing a daming review of the Hotel Sharon. Having had a poor experience of service, quality, value and staff attitudes elsewhere in Israel I did have low expectations here. The fact that i was out of season meant the hotel wasnt very busy and many services were closed, including the gym.

However, I managed to find a good price for an out of season room, the bedroom was quite large and bathroom recently renovated, but pillows were poor quality. The only service I used from the hotel was Breakfast that was just abut OK. It felt to me like a 3 star european standard hotel and breakfast, an as I was paying around that sort of rate for the room then it all seemed OK.

(I would not have been happy paying the ridiculous in-season rates for this hotel I am sure they try and charge at the earliest opportunity.)

The WiFi Internet however was offline for most of 2 days, and staff seemed uninterested/unable to do anything about it.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Tripper21
Reviewed September 22, 2011

I have stayed at the Sharon (Hasharon) for an annual conference for the last six years as well as for family trips totaling about 14 days yearly since 2006.
Things have been going from bad to (now) intolerable. The air conditioning frequently does not work, and daily there is a parade of guests at the desk with this complaint. Sometimes it is addressed, sometimes not, and always rather rudely. This happened to me in 2006/8/9/10/11. On my last night there in Sept., 2010 the A/C began to flood, leaving over half-an-inch of standing water on the carpet. I was told by the desk clerk that it was just a small leak. Of course, this DOES explain the mold throughout the hotel hallways and rooms... When I insisted that it be addressed, I was brusquely moved into a truly closet-sized room in the basement for my last night I decided to give them 1 more chance as the hotel location is very attractive. I arrived at the Sharon again on 9 September, 2011 for the annual conference as usual. A/C did not work as usual but was partly repaired that day, meaning the room temp never got below 80 F. The business center computers did not work and wireless was non-functioning, taking 30 min to check one e-mail. The conference room rate was $140/night. I was charged $259/night-because I had booked online. I explained that the link from the conference to the hotel was not working when I booked, forcing me to book direct and online. I asked why they could not just charge me the conference rate due to this fact and was rudely told (in Hebrew which I speak) the equivalent of "Tough luck, that's your problem." This was their last chance. Do not make the same mistakes I made. With many much noicer and friendlier hotels within a few hundred meters, the Sharon does not deserve another chance at our business!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank David B
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Staff are friendly and helpful and the location is good for holiday makers, although during my visit the access to the beach directly from the hotel was closed off and I had to walk out of the main entrance and round the hotel on the road to get there. I didn't see a notice so went down the many steps to find out almost at the bottom that I had to climb up and then find my way outside.
The restaurants on the beach are good.
My room was quite modern but some repairs to the main structure need to be done. This was in the extension part of the hotel. (the patio door lock was very battered). My colleague stayed in the tower block and that was not modern at all, and in need of a good make over.

Room Tip: The extension block seemed to be more modern, but has only 2 floors, if you want a high view you wil...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 23, 2011

Things have changed alot since B-G stayed here, don't panic. A tower has been added. We had a nice suite which could sleep a family of three or four. There are pretty "garden rooms" for young families. The food was tasty and the grounds are big, clean and well cared for. There are lovely views of the Mediterranean Sea.The restaurant at the salt-water (why?) pool is very expensive. (Why not dairy;? Who wants to eat chicken midday?) Help at the front desk could be better and more on the ball. The hotel is clean and more than adequate for a family respite. Steps to the (otherwise nice pool area) are numerous and I could not find a solution for disabled.Maybe there is one. But it is not obvious. All in all, a good choice if you need some quiet R&R in Hertziliya.

Room Tip: Say you will come back
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 18, 2011

Me and my boyfriend stayed only for one night, but it was very nice.
The girls at the reception were great. I don't know in what kind of room we stayed but it was huge and the jacuzzi in the bathroom was a perfect surprise. The dinner at the restaurant was nice and full the breakfast was less successful. The best thing about breakfast is the fresh orange juice, but I would get a machine to do that and not a manual like they have

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple