“suprise”

Dan Accadia Hotel Herzliya
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Herzliya
Reviewed November 14, 2012

the hotel is compact the service of the stuf was kinde and helpfull 'everything is kleen and nice, the food is fantastic. The room is not big but still we loved it we had great pleasure staing in this hotel
avi katzenelson

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed November 14, 2012

This vintage yet excellently preserved Dan hotel offers an excellent yet privately owned fitness center, good restaurant separated to several sections allowing large families with children and couples to find their respective and separate locations. Strategically located near the promenade and surfers' beach close to Arena mall and a few minutes drive from the night life bars and restaurants in Herzliya. Friendly and responsive staff. I enjoyed my 2 nights stay for a business trip coupled with a romantic retreat... One word if caution about the privately owned fitness room- the instructors might be too busy to help you as they provide private lessons to their club members

• Stayed: November 2012
DanHotelsIsrael, Management at Dan Accadia Hotel Herzliya, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Dear Emezer,
Thank you very much for your kind review and recommendation, it is through comments such as these that we are able to develop our offering for the future.
We are happy to hear that you were pleased and comfortable with the hotel and our welcoming team members and it is great to hear that you made use of all the hotel has to offer.
Thank you for mentioning your experiences at the Gym as this is not in keeping with the services we strive to offer for our guests and I will ensure mention is made to the gym management.
We thank you for choosing the Dan Accadia Hotel and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Best Regards,
Hagit and The Management of Dan Accadia Hotel

Reviewed November 8, 2012

While on a business trip I stayed for 4 nights. Unfortunately when I first arrived the wc wasn't clean, it seemed as if someone had just used it, eeeh. Secondly there was a stale smell in the room that didn't really leave for the duration of my stay. It was a small room and just felt for the price, even with the company rate it just wasn't worth it. If I was a regular tourist, I would never have paid the full rate to stay there. On the plus side, it's a lovely location on the beach, close to a good mall and restaurants. The breakfast was fab, great cappucino! The staff seemed to be under pressure. I did witness one customer looking for some discount on her room for some issue, and it wasn't been well managed by the manager. Oh and I almost forgot, on checkout I was automatically charged in US$ and charged a very expensive exchange rate without being consulted, even though my bill was shown in shekels. I only noticed the dollar charge when I got home. I dont think I would stay here again...

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
DanHotelsIsrael, Management at Dan Accadia Hotel Herzliya, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

Dear Orchid2012_12,
Thank you for taking the time to post about your experiences here on Tripadvisor; guest feedback is invaluable to us for developing service delivery.
We were delighted to learn that you enjoyed most aspects of the hotel, especially the location and breakfasts. Moreover, whilst it comes a little too late to rectify for you on this occasion, I can assure you we have taken on board the comments made with regards to housekeeping and reception occurrences and passed on for immediate management attention; thank you for highlighting this necessity to us.
We would like to think that the occurrences you experienced are certainly not in keeping with the usual high standards we achieve for many of our guests and as such, hope you take another opportunity to see that we can do so much better.
With Best regards,
Hagit - Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed November 7, 2012

We spend a wonderful week end in the Hotel Acadia at Herzlya .The rooms very clean the food excellent of a very high quality SPA very clean and confortable.
We enjoy very much it was an unforgetable wek end plenty of action
plenty of food good music and very good atmosphere

Room Tip: All rooms are larger and sunny
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Arnon,
Thank you for your kind response, we are very appreciative.
We are deeply flattered by all of your lovely compliments and are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us.
Looking forward to seeing you again, in the near future.
Best Regards,
The Management of Dan Accadia Hotel

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I usually fly down to Israel for business and usually stay at the Dan Accadia - it's a nice hold style hotel with a nice shore access and all comforts like pool, gym, web access and stuff.
Food is good, especially the Saturday breakfast, and is reasonably close to both Netanya and Tel Aviv, and is walking distance from embarcadero were there are a couple of nice restaurants and a shopping center.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 6, 2012

we had a great stay here for one night just the two of us. Our room was a lovely garden room, which has an amazing 3 TVs in it - one even in the bathroom!!! the room was so comfortable and went straight out to the garden and pool area.

Room Tip: we really liked the garden room because of its sophisticated decor and great location.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tbru

Dear Tbru,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your happy feedback, we sincerely appreciate hearing our guest opinions.
It is wonderful to hear that you had a comfortable and relaxing time with us, as it is always our main goal with every guest we host.
We want to thank you for all of your compliments and for choosing to stay at the Dan Accadia Hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Hagit and the team

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I traveled here for business in late October, shortly after the Israeli holidays. I am reviewing the hotel for the experience, some outside of the hotels direct control (both good like the beach and bad like the customer service expectations in Israel).

Summary:
+ GOOD
On the beach. Really nice morning runs along the shore, mostly in the sand to the north, path to the south.
Great location really near some tech companies so you can avoid most of the Tel Aviv traffic.
Clean rooms
Good breakfast buffet

-BAD
Room service food quality is poor
Meh customer service

Long form:
I came directly from the airport to check in. Hotel was easy for the taxi driver to find--important as Israeli taxis get lost a lot (3 times in four days for me). BTW, get shekels before the hotel--exchange rate is bad there and all taxis prefer cash, a very few will take credit cards.

The front desk wanted me to wait while they called the internet company to get me a login for wifi, I asked them to please send the details to my room (this is a five start hotel after all). No joy. Waited an hour before I called them at the front desk. Got a firm "meh". They would get to it in time. Nice. I waited another half hour (I am in a tech company and needed to get some flight emails send and inboxed sync'd before I took a nap). They had me wait while they phoned and relayed the password over the phone. Not great, but I did get access. Not out of character with customer service overall in Israel--you have to persistently complain to get service. It is seemingly expected, and not rude. Happened at some restaurants and stores when I was there too even though I am pretty easy.

The hotel sits right on the beach. Great morning run along the sand with great sunrises and amazing weather this time of year. Made the stay honestly. There is a clothes line for drying clothes in the shower. I didn't try the gym, but it opened too late for me (after 8am IIRC).

The breakfast buffet is nice, opens at 7am. Western style, makes omelets and also has Asian/middle eastern food. I didn't try the hotel for lunch or dinner.

Room service food was poor quality. I ordered a hamburger (note the kitchen is kosher so no cheese burgers possible). The middle was raw. They didn't bring ice for the drink, even though I asked when I placed my order. They did go and get some when I pressed, but did look a bit put out.

Clean room, good wifi connection speed and quiet. Pretty much all I ask for during business trips.

Took a 15 minute taxi to get to the meeting location in the morning. Much better than staying in Tel Aviv proper.

Would stay again.

Room Tip: Join the Dan traveler program on their website. Free gift at check in (LED flashlight for me).
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to give your thorough feedback here on Tripadvisor; it is not only useful for other travelers but allows the hotel to monitor and develop our services.
We are delighted that you were comfortable at the hotel and the surrounding areas and took advantage of all the amenities we offer. With regards to the gym opening hours, we had not been informed by other guests that this was an issue before, so will be looking into this necessity, thank you for highlighting it to us.
We constantly strive to offer our guests the utmost in services and experience and as such appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us and look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.
Hagit and the Management of the Dan Accadia

Also consider these accommodations in or near Herzliya
The Ritz-Carlton Herzliya
#3 of 11 in Herzliya
Carlton Tel Aviv
Carlton Tel Aviv
#22 of 102 in Tel Aviv

Been to Dan Accadia Hotel Herzliya? Share your experiences!