“Disappointed”

Meat & Wine
Ranked #5 of 135 Restaurants in Herzliya
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Meat & Wine Co is one of the well-known Kosher restaurants in israel. Fine kosher restaurant set in Herzliya, part of a global, world acclaimed chain of restaurants. The restaurant consists of a spectacular main dining room, two fully accessorized private rooms and an outdoor seating area. Meat & Wine offers an exceptional culinary experience of dry aged meat, fresh fish and a vegetarian selection, served with top quality wine
Jerusalem, Israel
“Disappointed”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

The service was good, so was the atmosphere and decor. This restaurant is located in the hi-tech area of Herzlia and I was impressed by their website. I ordered the Angus steak (400 grams) with chips (it came also with a small portion of colseslaw that would have been more at home in a cheap fast-food chain) . After reading all their hype about how this is their speciality I was disappointed. This was a very ordinary steak with just a bit too much fat to be anything above average. I've certainly had better steaks elsewhere. And the prices - definitely a cut above average.

1 Thank golouis99

• Hebrew first
London, UK
“Poor quality food and poor quality service”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Four of us eat here during our recent holiday and all of us were extremely disappointed with the food we were served and the service we were given. Three of us had steaks which weren't cooked to our requests and two of the steaks were so tough they had to be left.

One meal was removed from the bill but when the waitress removed our plates, one of which had a half eaten (tough as old boots steak), we weren't asked if everything was ok!

However, we were asked how we would like to pay our service charge!!

Not recommended. Go to The Meat Bar instead!!

Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv, Israel
“Good kosher restaurant”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Not the best meat I ate ever, but surely a nice one.
The sweet sauce they use for the meat is very tasty and gives the meat a nice twist.
I came with a coupon (dinner for 2 by 285 NIS) so I can't say much about the prices but the beef is nice (8/10 in my opinion).
We took some starters as well (Chicken liver fatte and some dish with mushrooms I can't remember right now) but I wouldn't say something special about them - ordinary dishes, not anything I haven't ate before.

• Visited September 2013
“Very Poor Quality”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I went there twice with guests who eat kosher and that is the only reason to go there. Kosher doesn't necessarily means that a steak should be bad but every dish that came to the table, starting with the Salads and all the way to the dry and over grilled steaks was either tasteless or tasted bad. Even the wine was warm...

one of the steaks that was ordered was sent back to be better grilled, it took 15 minutes for the waiter to bring it back.. by the rest of us were already done with most of our food. I left more then half of my steak on the plate and the waiter didn't even bother to ask if it was good but he kept asking if we want to order more things...

I really don't understand how they survive, unless they are the only Kosher option around.

London, United Kingdom
“Not for lovers of good steak”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We are holidaying locally & came across this restaurant a few days ago. I looked at its web site which was very impressive, and on this basis decided to book. We don't often order steak, but with the claims made by the restaurant, and also the name 'meat', one would expect a decent cut of meat. Three of our party of four ordered steak. And one had the salmon. Two of us left most of our steak and the one who did eat hers was almost rare when she had asked for medium. Mine was taken off the bill, but what was very annoying was the fact that despite my husband leaving half his meat because it was so tough, nobody seemed to care. They did however enquire how we would like to pay for our service charge! Poor staff, ever poorer quality of meat. Would not recommend. We did however wonder what the burgers were like, have a feeling they were a safer & more enjoyable option.