“Very Poor Quality”

Meat & Wine
Ranked #5 of 136 Restaurants in Herzliya
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Meat & Wine Co is one of the well-known Kosher restaurants in israel. Fine kosher restaurant set in Herzliya, part of a global, world acclaimed chain of restaurants. The restaurant consists of a spectacular main dining room, two fully accessorized private rooms and an outdoor seating area. Meat & Wine offers an exceptional culinary experience of dry aged meat, fresh fish and a vegetarian selection, served with top quality wine
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I went there twice with guests who eat kosher and that is the only reason to go there. Kosher doesn't necessarily means that a steak should be bad but every dish that came to the table, starting with the Salads and all the way to the dry and over grilled steaks was either tasteless or tasted bad. Even the wine was warm...

one of the steaks that was ordered was sent back to be better grilled, it took 15 minutes for the waiter to bring it back.. by the rest of us were already done with most of our food. I left more then half of my steak on the plate and the waiter didn't even bother to ask if it was good but he kept asking if we want to order more things...

I really don't understand how they survive, unless they are the only Kosher option around.

There are newer reviews for Meat & Wine

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We are holidaying locally & came across this restaurant a few days ago. I looked at its web site which was very impressive, and on this basis decided to book. We don't often order steak, but with the claims made by the restaurant, and also the name 'meat', one would expect a decent cut of meat. Three of our party of four ordered steak. And one had the salmon. Two of us left most of our steak and the one who did eat hers was almost rare when she had asked for medium. Mine was taken off the bill, but what was very annoying was the fact that despite my husband leaving half his meat because it was so tough, nobody seemed to care. They did however enquire how we would like to pay for our service charge! Poor staff, ever poorer quality of meat. Would not recommend. We did however wonder what the burgers were like, have a feeling they were a safer & more enjoyable option.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I ate here during a recent holiday in Israel, and it is undoubtedly one of the best kosher meat restaurants in the country. The food is out of this world – large portions, quality meat and a great basting. There is a real atmosphere in the restaurant as it is always busy – I would certainly recommend it to anyone visiting Herzeliya or the surrounding areas.

1  Thank LondonSandybeach
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Meat and wine is a reasonable dining experience. But it has no competition in the Kosher segment in Herzlia. So it is the best restaurant in town by default. The prices are very high and the meat is mediocre. I wanted to send back steaks on a few occasions but since it takes so long for them to serve you I just ate what they gave me. I keep on going back and am variably disappointed.

2  Thank daveydave12
Reviewed July 23, 2013

On arrival, one cannot help but be welcomed by the wonderful atmosphere and gracious staff. Unfortunately, the food does not match the decor and was truly mediocre in all respects accompanied by relatively high pricing. The meat may be renowned by Israeli standards, but isn't even in the league of what is expected and anticipated in by North American standards. Thinking of the fish? Think again as it too was not on the positive side of the equation.

This was all accompanied by a disappointing wine list selection and satisfactory desserts. With this said, the service was indeed exceptional...!!!