“great sushi - poor service”
Review of al hamayim

al hamayim
Ranked #12 of 136 Restaurants in Herzliya
Cuisines: Sushi, European, French, Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 27, 2013

we went to AL Hamayim to celebrate me B-Day
the food was very good but the service was so bad
i will never come back to this place.

2  Thank karina2702
There are newer reviews for al hamayim

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I was advised by a chef whose opinion I trust to revisit this restaurant which used to be one of my favourites and try their sushi which he rated the best in Israel. The restaurant changed hands a couple of years ago and deteriorated beyond recognition both in the quality of food and the standard of service. This time I went specifically for the sushi and asked the waiter to simply tell the chef to make a selection of the best he had on offer. The result was without a doubt the best sushi I had tasted since Nobu in New York. Unfortunately, the standard of service remains pitifully low with a less than pleasant waiter actually replacing the cutlery I used for my ceviche first course as if he expected me to reuse it on the sushi. Although I have had few better eating experiences, until the service improves I will not venture back too often since I believe that both quality of food and standard of service must be high in order to justify the kind of prices this restaurant is charging. I also do not like the idea of having a 12% service charge added to my bill willy nilly.

1  Thank ALivingstone
Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

Me and my friends had dinner there twice this month. We just had to go back! :)
The food was great and the servoce was very good. Not to mention that the view is amazing, of course in the winter it gets dark early and you can't see much but i am sure in summer it's even better!

I really recommend it and i also recomend.to take advantage of their 50% off during off season ! Very much worth it!

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Fish straight from the sea (you're on the beach); vegetables from the land (the Holy one!); A miracle maker at the stove. If you haven't noticed that the food is from Heaven, the jazz music will. The bill will you bring you back to earth in a heartbeat... a side effect of 17% local taxes.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I am shuttling back and forth (on business) between the united states and Israel. I happened to dine at "al hamaym" after a long interval. what a disappointment ! the view continues to be spectacular, one of the best restaurant vistas in Israel, but the quality of the food was a great let down. I ordered fish soup, and, believe it or not, it emanated a bad smell (I know a thing or two about sea food as I travel frequently to florida). and to add insult to injury, the service was surly. what a waste of such a great venue !

shneur engler