“Remote and wonderful”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ein Gedi
Kibbutz Ein Gedi Country Hotel
Toronto, Canada
“Remote and wonderful”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

This place was one of the nicest we stayed at in Israel. We wanted to be close to Masada to climb early in the morning. It was about a 20 minute drive. The rooms were quiet, clean and spacious. There was fresh fruit and cookies in the rooms when we arrived. The staff were friendly and accommodating. The grounds were lovely and the breakfast(included) was the best we had on our trip with a large variety of fresh. tasty food. The pool was also nice. Guests receive vouchers for the beach and spa facilities which were close by. The hotel provided a shuttle service if you did not have a car. I was shocked when I saw some bad reviews received by this property. All decent accommodations in Israel are pricey. We found this place very comfortable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank SusanC155019

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Hebrew first
New York
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I stayed here with my boyfriend (we're in our late 30s). I read great reviews and wanted to be near Mesada for an early morning climb. The hotel is very kibbutz-y and not luxurious in the least. Feels very institutional lacking any quaintness at all. I would have much rather stayed at a nice hotel on the Dead Sea or a quaint B&B. Breakfast was in a big dining hall - again no ambiance but the buffet was quite good

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Dari K
Padova
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely expensive for a very poor Room but the worst thing was the service! At reception a very arrogant young girl told us everything in 10 sec gave us the key and we walked 45 min whit lagguages to find the Room in the park (this is a kibbutz not an hotel) whit no one helping us.
Then we had to spent about 30$ each to dinner Also if we wanted just a simple salad!! Reason: u are in the desert place ther r no other restaurant and you have to pay a flat price for a self service so if you want just a simple thing you pay as if u eat a full lunch!!!
Then at check out they hurry us 15min before the right time so we run to the reception but there we had to wait 50 min to check out!!! The only nice thing is the location for the rest save your money and go ahead looking for cheaper and more friendly place here u waste your time and money

• Stayed July 2013
4 Thank Alkadia
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed June 22, 2013

we jest came back from a beautyfull weekend at Ein Gedi Hotel. We stayed at the delux plus dragot room. The view of the dead sea and the desert is breathtaking, the gardens of the hotel are very tidy. the room is clean and tastfully designed, the meals are fresh, tasty and with a big verity. The Sinergia Spa of the hotel realy makes the vaction something spacial. The Place is very peacefull and the service is great. the Shutel to the beach was very comfortable and on scedual. Recomend it wormly to all.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Diana P
Long Island City, New York
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Where to start? The grounds are wonderful--the botanical garden is a treat to walk through night and day. The views from the rooms are very striking. The hotel also provides easy access to the Dead Sea and related spa experiences / treatments.

Frankly, though, what struck me (and caused my girlfriend and me to extend our stay an extra night), was the buffet--in particular the cold dishes. I was reticent at first due to sticker shock, but once I had tucked in I was sold. I've never come across a salad bar I liked, but I would gladly dine from this one every day for the rest of my life.

The rooms themselves are quite spartan, and the beds aren't the most comfortable I've ever slept in. However, if you can look past the interior decor, this place is a truly wonderful place to rest for a day or two.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank David R
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Myself and my girlfriend payed 244 dollars for 1 night, costly for a nice but basic accommodation. Its a lovely accommodation with nice gardens, the pool is amazing with great views of the mountains in the back ground.
They charge 50 shekels to enter the Spa I think is a bit cheeky after such extortionate rates. Its also a drive away from the Dead Sea so unless you have a car your in trouble. The beech isn't really private you just get a free pass to use the beech down the road that every other day tripper from around Israel has to pay for.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Daithi1980_12
Reviewed April 19, 2013

This is a good place with lovely gardens and a relaxed, family feel. It's the kind of place that you'd like to stay for a few days to relax. The food is very good and the staff are friendly enough. However, you'll pay for the privilege of staying here....it's expensive. I'd go back in a heartbeat though if I could get a deal.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Daniel Dead Sea Hotel
Daniel Dead Sea Hotel
#4 of 17 in Ein Bokek
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,323 reviews

Been to Kibbutz Ein Gedi Country Hotel? Share your experiences!