“I fell in love with the story behind it and the woman that got away.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Masada National Park

Masada National Park
Book In Advance
$750*
and up
Private Tour: Masada at Dawn, or Later, from Jerusalem
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Ein Gedi
“I fell in love with the story behind it and the woman that got away.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I was touring with my classmates the entire fortress and some guests whom I did not honor this day down at the palace steps.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“great site”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

This place is incredible! Over two thousand years old and yet so modern! It must have been truly amazing to walk around the desert and suddenly see such an oasis! King Herod did love great things, just like him.
It is a must see place for whoever wants to understand the grandeur of King Herod and understand a bit more about the importance of the site back in those days.

Seattle, Washington
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“We wish it matched the pictures!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

It was less than we hoped for but still worth the trip. Part of our experience was skewed as we made the trip in July when its HOT! But hey make the best of it we did. We took the cable car which was quick and painless and in the heat, well worth it. I recommend doing it both ways unless you are going when its not as hot as it was for us (95F to 100F). I would have liked to hike the foot path and for those of average to good health it is a nice hike if the temp is a bit lower. The history of King Herod and his palace fortress is amazing and I recommend reading about this before your trip. The site itself lacks the wow factor of other historical sites but it is older than dirt so what did we expect! Well worth the trip and the box is now checked!

Stockholm, Sweden
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“An unforgettable experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

We were impressed by the excellent facilities of the Visitors' Center (from the Ein Gedi side), with the indoor parking, the very reasonably priced buffet restaurant, the museum and, of course, the site itself. Documentation is sufficient for a self-guided tour and I find the availability of fresh-water fountains on the plateau very thoughtful.

Waterloo, Iowa
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Loved it! A must see.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I probably went on the hottest day of the year and still loved it. Make sure you take water along. I'm glad we rode the cable car even though I am a hiker. In the heat it's just not worth it.