TripAdvisor
Caesarea
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews guest house wonderful place home cooked meal book in advance a great experience village arab volunteers project az history tour israel jewish beaches coast sea
Selected filters
Reviewed May 29, 2019

One of my favorite places to visit in all of Israel and definitely the one that is still somewhat of a secret to most tourists. Could not recommend visiting this guesthouse and village more. The owners are fabulous people and the staff and volunteers really go over and above to make you feel welcome and to help. So many cool eccentricities in this place. The story and history is fascinating. Archaeological discoveries, tours, home cooked dinners, amazing beaches, and historic Caesarea is a beach walk away. And I would be remiss if I failed to mention the people of the village. Very much worth meeting and listening to their stories. Do pay a visit!

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed February 23, 2019 via mobile

Such an amazing experience. It was my first time ever staying in a hostel so I was a little skeptic all but the people here are so welcoming and warm. We booked the home-cooked meal as well, it was delicious and felt as if I were home. The guesthouse is so cozy, has a bunch of board games to chill and relax at night. We had coffee by the sea and the owners were extremely nice, the sunset was out of this world. All in all, in was a great experience and highly suggest visiting and staying at Juha’s guesthouse

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed March 14, 2018

Excellent service, clean, relaxing, great value, close to city center and the beach. The town, Jisr az-Zarqa is Israel's only Mediterranean seaside Arab town. I was visting the town as part of my journey of the national Israeli trail. I would definitely recommend a stop in the town for everyone to experience the arabic culture and visit the nearby Caesarea ruins.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed March 1, 2018

The guesthouse is a warm and welcoming place! The volunteers were very kind and helping and the place was clean and pleasant. All the people we met (in the guesthouse and outside) were friendly and kind. The beach is amazing! clean and full of shells.
There is an Arabic school in the village that is recommended as well and you can volunteer in English and get to know the people of the village this way.
Thank you for a great week!!

Room tip: We slept in the dorms and it was perfectly comfortable.
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed February 13, 2018

I stopped here as part of Abraham Tour 5 Day Northern Tour. The owners were lovely and welcoming and the place it self was clean tidy and comfortable. Well worth a visit if you want to experience different communities in Isreal, it's very close to Caesarea. I enjoyed a morning walk down to the sea before breakfast as the village was coming to life.

Food was included with the tour, and it was one of the best meals I had on my trip.

Date of stay: January 2018