TripAdvisor
Caesarea
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews guest house wonderful place home cooked meal book in advance a great experience village arab volunteers project az history tour israel jewish beaches coast sea
Selected filters
Reviewed October 19, 2014

we loved the place and the hospitality. we were passing hundreds of time on the highway wondering how is it like in jasar. juha's guestouse gave us the opportunity to stay in the village and to be able to talk to the people,enjoy the warm welcome ,food and the great beach .highly recomended to israelis who seek to help jewish-arab partnerships

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed October 18, 2014

We came to Juha's Guesthouse after a long hike, and immediately felt like home. The place is clean, the volunteers have a lot of knowledge of the area and we got some great tips from them, and they were welcoming, friendly and kind. The village is beautiful, and has the most beautiful beach I've ever seen - completely untouched, clean and non-commercialized. We enjoyed a fantastic homecooked dinner by the hostel's recommendation - we were worried they may not cater to us, since we're both vegan, but the food was both vegan and delicious!

The guesthouse is located on the main street, so it might be noisy outside. I think it's a good idea to have earplugs with you, even if you take the double room.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Inbar G
Reviewed October 17, 2014

I loved visiting Jisr az Zarqa, and staying at Juhas made it even better. They gave us some tours to world class beaches, which surprised me, and then we had a BBQ on the beach that night. Luckily its a great place to stay, since its the only one in town!

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed October 8, 2014

If you want to experience a different side of Israel, then I absolutely recommend Juha's.
Jisr az Zarqa is a small arab village in the north of Israel and was unlike anywhere else I visited in the country. The village is much poorer then anywhere else that I visited and it is evident, but the people are very friendly and welcoming, I really enjoyed walking around the streets near the hostel.
I stayed in an 8-bed mixed room dorm, it was simple, clean - everything I would expect from hostel accommodation. The village seems to be most lively at night, so keep in mind you might be woken up by activity in the surrounding streets - but it's all part of the experience (i had earplugs with me and had no trouble getting a full-nights sleep).
There is free wifi, and a kitchen where you can cook. There is a grocery store opposite Juha's as well.
The beach is definitely part of what makes Jisr az-Zarqa such a beautiful place to visit, make sure you head down and check it out!

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed October 8, 2014 via mobile

The guesthouse is new, so they are still working out the kinks, but the village it's located in couldn't be nicer. New to the tourist industry the citizens of the village greet every stranger with smiles and genuine eagerness to please. The owners and volunteers at the guesthouse have a great relationship with the village and the whole social initiative makes you root for a happy future. And the beach is one of the most beautiful I have ever seen.