Leonardo Hotel Negev Beer-Sheva
  • Breakfast included
Yefe Nof(Arad)
Hotel Hahof(Ashkelon)
View Hotel
All reviewsbusiness loungebreakfast buffet istour groupkosher foodben gurioncommon areasrooms are spaciousreception deskswimming poolthe hotel manageryogurtdead seasaladnegevnatalieisraelgym
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 30, 2013

It was perfect the receptionist hani was so kind, and her manager was so professional the public manager is so cute and helpfully the food is good and the service is perfect
I was 3 days from Monday till Wednesday and it was perfect

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Leonardo Negev Hotel located in the middle of Negev, Beer Sheba City.
With a great view to the city and to the desert I can feel the differences between Tel - Aviv, Berlin, London and New York.

This hotel is one of a kind, great design, nice room, delicious breakfast and wonderful service!
Thank you to Inbar the Guest Relation Manager for lovely service.
This is my second time in this hotel for business work and it was great.
The staff is so kind and warm and for me it was great.
Wonderful city and great people that live in this area makes me feel something special about the Negev.
I am expecting to be in this hotel and in this city once again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I stayed at the Leonardo in Be'er Sheva this weekend for a large family event. The only positive thing I have to say about the hotel is its cleanliness and decor.

Besides that, even though our entire party was staying on the business floor, the service was terrible. To get them to pay attention to the fact that there were guests standing and waiting to check in, we practically had to yell. Additionally, we did not have working showers or toilets! The water ran boiling hot ONLY in the showers. The toilets did not flush. When we requested for someone to come up and fix the problems, they just never came up.

We ate all our meals in the hotel. Most of it was practically inedible. None of it was good. There was no breakfast and when we wanted a cup of instant coffee they made a big deal about getting it for us.

While they did seem to have recently redecorated most of the hotel, the ballroom in which our event was held was old and dirty looking. The curtaines were falling off the walls and the carpets were badly stained.

If you are staying for the weekend and hoping to use the pool, don't bother. It is too small for their number of guests. There was no space to move and trash everywhere.

I don't recommend staying there unless you are looking for a clean place to sleep and nothing more.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank snaghi
FattalM, General Manager at Leonardo Hotel Negev Beer-Sheva, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Dear Guest,
First of all, we thank you for choosing to stay at the Leonardo Negev Hotel.
Thank you for taking your valuable time to write your notes.
Our guests comments regarding the hotels efficiency is an important tool that enables us to continually improve and adjust our service to meet our guests’ needs.
Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused you during your staying in our hotel.
We were delighted to read that you enjoyed our cleanliness and decor.
We were sorry to read your lack of satisfaction from the room that you stayed in (toilets and showers),
from our breakfast and from the staff attitude. Our Moto is to host with love.
We will be more than happy to see you among our guests in the near future.
Sincerely yours,
Udi Ashkenazi

Reviewed May 21, 2013

I stayed at the Leonardo on business and enjoyed a very pleasant stay while in Beersheba. The Leonardo is a big place and I gather it is a popular business hotel due to its size for the town. My booking was made on my behalf and it was my first time in Beersheba, so I didn't know what to expect. I arrived at the ungodly hour of 2.30am, and was greeted and served in a friendly and efficient manner, with my booking ready for my arrival.
I arrived on Shabbat so the hotel was very busy with large family groups. Aside from the communal areas of the hotel being very busy during the day, there was no disturbance from the large groups. I have to agree with Extasika's point about the cleaning staff - you certainly know they're there! Not that it was a problem as I was out early.
The bedrooms are spotless, and the only drawback to the communal areas is the dated decor, everything is clean and works. I didn't use the gym area so I couldn't comment on the services there. Wi-fi is available but costs extra.
The hotel bedrooms are smart and modern, with all the amenities you would expect. The dated public areas do not do justice to the bedroom decor. Breakfast was fine - not a massive array of food but everything you'd expect to see. I ate in the restaurant one evening, which was the eve of Yom Ha'Shoah, when all public places shut down. It was self-service, with a choice of hot and cold food, including vegetarian dishes.
I found the staff to be friendly and helpful, I don't speak Hebrew or Arabic and was aware of travelling off the tourist track, but I managed fine. If I find myself in Beersheba again, I'll be happy to stay at the Leonardo again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I stayed at Leonardo Negev for 2 weeks in May 2013 with my brother, we had 2 separate rooms

Pros: Spotless rooms, good amenities (Pool, Gym, Spa) decent food, great design of rooms.

Cons: At check in, the receptionist said they don't have my reservation (heart attack for anyone who just flew for 12 hours to an unknown country)... After 5 minutes of "intensive" search my reservations are found... Right after I'm being asked to provide a credit card, to the question "what for?" I'm not being answered, but instead my card gets swiped for $2000+ because she "assumed" that the rooms were not paid for, thank God my card declined that charge on the spot, after i have finally cleared that its paid for, the hand raises again for a swipe machine, when I asked "why did you swipe it again?" i was told that it's for payment of the "gym/spa and other amenities" that I never intended to use in the first place. Never mind that, She tells me that the charge will be 500 shekels (security deposit in case of damage to the room that will be reimbursed if not used to pay for gym) , after I checked my mobile statement it turned out I was charged 500 dollars instead of shekels (Big Difference). At the time of this whole process I did not get a single question answered because all of the attention went to friends/coworkers/other people that were not on the line. One of the guests came up with a question regarding a wi-fi connection... She was rudely sent off to someone at the cafe, a minute later the lady returned saying that the cafe sent her back to reception, that process happened 3 times while I was checking in. Phones were ringing, they were answered in the rude manner, only because she made it so public to roll her eyes and the hang up loudly accompanied with Hebrew word "Dai"... Which I was later on told that it means "Enough Already!!!" as in "Enough of this ringing I'm not helping anyone??". That happened over 5 times during my check in. My overall check in time took 15-20 minutes. Not to mention that no one even welcomed me at the hotel upon entering with bags.
If you are a late sleeper, forget it,
you will be waken up by cleaning
staff that yell/communicate outside the door across the hallway. Even though they do a great job at cleaning, someone need to teach them a courtesy lesson. At the time of check out I get Same Receptionist as the one that checked me in, while I was waiting 15-20 minutes on the line because she was by herself at the reception (understandable), when it finally came to my turn she skips me and starts helping the gentleman behind me. When I mentioned to her that, "by the way I was here first!" she answered "Ok"... Like it's OK to do so.
Her name is "Shlomit".... If this is the girl that will be helping you, prepare to be terrorized and hate the fact that you chose this hotel to stay in. Also the shower runs either too hot or too cold, I've played with the handle back and forth during every time I showered. Stays warm for 2 minutes max then runs back to boiling hot or ice cold. Happy Staying!!!

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Extasika
FattalM, Guest Relations Manager at Leonardo Hotel Negev Beer-Sheva, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

Dear Guest,
First of all, we thank you for choosing to stay at the Leonardo Negev Hotel.
Thank you for taking your valuable time to write your notes.
We were sorry to read your lack of satisfaction from the reception staff attitude. Our Moto is to host with love.
We were delighted to read that you enjoyed our Spotless rooms and our amenities (Pool, Gym, Spa, food and design).
We will be more than happy to see you among our guests in the near future.
Sincerely yours,