“Can't wait to go back”

Adobe & Stars Bed and Breakfast Inn of Taos
Ranked #1 of 3 Arroyo Seco B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 4, 2012

We stayed here for two nights and Judy was more than accommodating from the moment we walked in. She offered us drinks when we arrived and left delicious cookies and tea out for us when we came in late the first night - a warm personal touch. The room was warm, spacious, and comfortable and the washroom was large and had everything we needed, and everything was sparkling clean. Judy was very knowledgeable about the area and had plenty of great recommendations for things to do and places to eat. She was familiar with most all the restaurants in town and was very helpful in that she even made us reservations.
The breakfasts were beyond amazing! Both mornings we were treated to something unique and delicious with a local twist. Adobe & Stars provided fantastic hospitality, beyond all expectations. We felt welcome and had a great stay and will definitely be back if in town again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 26, 2012

Adobe & Stars B & B is a welcoming and warm place to stay with superb views of the mountains. Judy was a witty and informed host for our stay and her breakfasts are worth raving over! She offered a happy hour where we got to meet some fellow travelers in her cozy lobby. We stayed 3 nights and this was our favorite place on our journey. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cynskeys77
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Snow was lacking on the hills west of the Mississippi but Taos Ski Valley reported more than any other state. We took a chance and drove in completely unannounced. Judy took us in at her Adobe & Stars and took great care of us. I recommend reservations as you may not be so lucky with availability. Her Inn is beautiful, very comfortable, and she is great company. The views from the Inn are scenic in every direction. The ski area is a short drive away as is plenty of entertainment and good eats. Enjoy the stay, you will not be disappointed.
Thanks Judy, we will be back!

Room Tip: Ask for the second floor. Try the La Luna suite. It is worth it for the views alone and the kiva fir...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2011

Last night I stayed with Judy at her beautiful bed and breakfast in Taos, NM. It is about 5 miles outside of the main town of Taos...and is near a very cute little "town" It exceeded my expectations! The inn is well maintained, clean and well organized. Upon check in, I was greeted with an offer of an adult refreshment (wine or beer) and a guided tour of the amenities. I was a single woman traveling alone, and I was most appreciative that despite the fact that I reserved one of the smaller, less expensive rooms, without any additional charge, Judy upgraded me to the larger upstairs suite with the most stunning view. She thoughtfully knew that I would feel more safe with an inside room.

The room was great! Big king sized bed, large bathroom with a luxury whirlpool tub. Judy took the time to show me how everything worked. I loved the fireplace (it was very "New Mexico") but I was disappointed that I could not use it. One of the things that was interesting to me about the B&B was the lovely fireplace and it did get cold enough (20 degrees) to light a lovely fire that night. I think it would be nice if that had been made clear either by the website or the confirmation e-mail that was sent out. However, let me be clear: The beauty and comfort of this lovely B&B was not diminished by this small thing. But if this is an important thing to you, I would suggest you ask before you book to make sure that they are allowing the use of fireplace.

Anyway, the B&B was so quiet and I sat on the balcony and watched the amazing sunset and then I slept well. Judy serves breakfast from 630 to 930 in the am, which allows you flexibility. I let her know ahead of time that I would be a later eater, and she easily accomodated me. The breakfast was very, very tasty. it began with a beautiful cup of fresh berries and whipped cream. Then, the orange juice was fresh squeezed, the coffee was good...and the quiche was the best I have EVER tasted. For those who have commented that the breakfast is small: One needs to realize that this is not a big, hearty country breakfast sort of place. This is a unique GOURMET breakfast. There is a difference. It's not about quantity...it is about quality. And Judy and her staff bring the quality in abundance. (and she let me know if I wanted more, it was available)

Judy's hospitality extended through my check out--she has a small ice maker for her guests, and she graciously allowed me to fill my small cooler for the road.

I would HIGHLY recommend this well run, efficient, quiet, classy B&B for anyone who wants to relax and enjoy a tranquil night stay. I will be returning again to see this resort in the winter.

Room Tip: There are three upstairs room in the main part of the B&B, which do require stairs. There are a...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Breakfast was fantastic-- Judy and her crew really know what they're doing. Comfortable rooms, apparently with radiant floor heating, which kept the room very comfy. Great setting, right next to the mountains, short drive to awesome hikes and to the Taos ski area. Comfortable and attractive lobby with couches, games, a tv, maps, conversation, and even a complimentary beer or wine. I'd recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2011

This adobe bed and breakfast sits alone in the desert (though you never feel isolated.) Our room was very comfortable and quite large with a deck on the upper floor allowing us to see forever. The food was excellent but the service was quite slow. Don't expect TV but do expect to be very quite comfortable. There are lots of places to walk and sit outside.

Room Tip: Ask for the room with the kitchen.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2011

Beautifully decorated adobe style B&B. Room was spacious and our bath included large jacuzzi. Breakfasts were excellent. Owner and staff were very accomodating. Nice sunsets and star gazing late. Great restaurants close by.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Hacienda del Sol
Hacienda del Sol
#4 of 23 in Taos
The SnowMansion Taos Hostel Ski Lodge Inn & Campground

Been to Adobe & Stars Bed and Breakfast Inn of Taos? Share your experiences!