“Fresh and Innovative”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 26, 2013

This is some of the most delicious and thoughtful food I've had in years. Very accomodating to our groups various dietary needs. Each time I go, I fall in love with something new. This time it was the cold soup (I'm not usually a cold soup lover) and the "fried" (but not oily) cauliflower. We will visit here every time we are in Taos!

2  Thank Rebecca B

Reviewed February 6, 2013

We met friends for dinner and they recommended this restaurant. It is a quaint little place, unassuming and not fancy. But do not be deterred. The food was fabulous. We started with the brussel sprouts appetizer. They are sautéed and have a bit of squash purée and Parmesan cheese. We devoured these and found out how they were made. The waitress said it was her favorite and we understand why. We all enjoyed our entrees. The choices were unusual (beet roulade with spaghetti squash and butternut fritters, fried chicken with chorizo, and pork tenderloin with shiitake mushroom sauce over polenta). We finished every bite. The beer and wine list was acceptable. The dessert looked delicious but we were all too full. I am so glad we were steered towards this restaurant. We will definitely go back.

2  Thank 974knitter
Reviewed January 28, 2013

The owners and the family at ACEQ serve pure food with love and care. Certainly one of the best reatuarants in New Mexico.

1  Thank ATB80
Reviewed November 11, 2012

My husband and I stopped for Sunday brunch and ordered off the menu. We were the only ones there. Suspicious, but undaunted, we sat and ordered from what seemed like an eclectic menu. The waitress came out (after what looked like finishing her snack) and took our order. There were no specials so we ordered off the menu. We could see the cook put his apron on behind the screens. After about 45 minutes we received some freshly baked Pillsbury biscuits, followed 20 minutes later by our order. While the presentation was very artistic, the portions were mere morsels! The servings seemed more like tapas, rather than entrees. The worse part was that for and equal amount we could have eaten well at the nearby Sabrosos. We paid then went for a substantive lunch at Taos Cow. Don't go there hungry; don't go there without a C note! This is my first review on Trip Advisor, but I felt so strongly about this that I had to submit this review.

3  Thank intrepigirl
Reviewed August 26, 2012

3.5 stars for Aceq because while good, it's not quite up to the raves here. Sunday brunch starts at 11 a.m. (not 10 a.m. as printed on other internet sites). My eggs benedict were not as unusual as I'd been led to expect with a lackluster potato patty on the side. Kudos for the small rocket salad with tasty grapes. The biscuit (you have to ask for it) was a bit like pie crust – not like a traditional biscuit and sinfully yummy. If I returned, I'd probably try the daily special which might be a better bet. The big plus is the charming village of Arroyo Seco with its old adobe buildings and fun shops and galleries. It's like a hip version of old New Mexico. The village is tiny but definitely worth the drive.