Stayed there once, several years ago, summer [2013 date below was closest the system allowed me to choose].
Had thot it had charm; name cute.
This place has great potential...but...
Glad only one night. Glad few others there. Glad not ski-season!
This is old-school hostel--really laid-back--I liked that.
Those running desk were either absent, or occupied; not much for talking or answering questions or concerns.
Was quoted one price by phone; but a few hours later on arrival, had to quibble to get that, as the desk then tried charging high-season rates.
Paid dearly for a multi-bed room; very worn, not-sure-if-it-was-really-clean linen.
Bathroom needed maintenance--not talking update--just basic plumbing needed fixed; there was no cleaning stuff to use, and no plunger, faucet handles iffy, poor lighting.
The whole place needed cleaning--I know this is a dusty region, but..?
[[if they'd had cleaning equipment that worked, available, I'd have cleaned the bathroom & bedroom--but for the price charged, hey--even cheap motels have maid service!]]
Windows needed repairs to allow easier opening to get fresh air.
There was a gas leak somewhere near the kitchen; Mgt tried hard to ignore/deny---it was enough to be almost choking, trying to use kitchen or passageway to door near there---sure hope THAT was fixed!
"Abominable" seemed to fit at that time.
But it was easy to get a bed for the night, if ya don't count mgt. fowl-ups
--there were plenty beds to choose from, since hardly anyone using that during summer season.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- World Famous! We are great lodging for all ages! Private Rooms, Cabins, Tipis and Dorm Beds Available! We've welcomed individuals, couples, families and groups since 1973! We look forward to welcoming you! Located in the village of Arroyo Seco, featuring an array of great breakfast, lunch and dinner choices, a health food store, shops, art galleries and nightlife. The Taos Ski Valley, the historic Taos Plaza, the Taos Pueblo, the Rio Grande Gorge and the Hot Springs are all minutes away. Angel Fire, Sipapu, Red River, Ojo Caliente, Ghost Ranch, Philmont Boy Scout Ranch are all within easy driving distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline and Expedia so you can book your The SnowMansion Taos Hostel Ski Lodge Inn & Campground reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Abominable Snowmansion Hotel Arroyo Seco
- The SnowMansion Taos Hostel Ski Lodge Inn & Campground Arroyo Seco, Taos County, NM