Great "base camp" for outdoor adventuring. Comfortable building adapted for housing a lot of people. Communal meals available for a donation. There are a lot of long termers living here, working on an organic farm that is in the back (I found the few that whined about how hard it was absolutely hilarious after seeing the actual size of the land), so there's a bit of a commune atmosphere, but i did not find them stand-offish. Common room can get loud and partish, but everyone was good about keeping quiet hours. Bunks and bathrooms are very basic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- World Famous! We are great lodging for all ages! Private Rooms, Cabins, Tipis and Dorm Beds Available! We've welcomed individuals, couples, families and groups since 1973! We look forward to welcoming you! Located in the village of Arroyo Seco, featuring an array of great breakfast, lunch and dinner choices, a health food store, shops, art galleries and nightlife. The Taos Ski Valley, the historic Taos Plaza, the Taos Pueblo, the Rio Grande Gorge and the Hot Springs are all minutes away. Angel Fire, Sipapu, Red River, Ojo Caliente, Ghost Ranch, Philmont Boy Scout Ranch are all within easy driving distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your The SnowMansion Taos Hostel Ski Lodge Inn & Campground reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Abominable Snowmansion Hotel Arroyo Seco
- The SnowMansion Taos Hostel Ski Lodge Inn & Campground Arroyo Seco, Taos County, NM