“Highly overrated.”

Ranked #3 of 64 Restaurants in Acre
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 19, 2013

With the unique name Uri (owner's name) Buri (a common fish), this restaurant is renowned in northern Israel for its quality.
However, with such high prices for such an average level of food, this was a big disappointment.
The only positive thing is if you are lucky enough to meet the owner (and his amazing beard) for some brilliant stories.
Other than that - don't expect much and you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank TheShis
Write a ReviewReviews (1,154)

Reviewed February 15, 2013

We decided to try lunch here. It was my greatest fish meal! Cooking is good and creative. We had the taster's choice which gave us the opportunity to taste many dishes. All were great!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Every time I'm visiting Akko (or Acre), I must visit this lovely restaurant.
Located near the old city walls of Akko, with an amazing view of the sea, the sunset and a splashing waves on the rocky shore, is the old building of Uri Buri.

The restaurant has the knowledge of sea food cooking and the supply of fresh fish and seafood from the local market. It's a winning combination.

On my last visit, I ate a delicious, most surprising Salmon carpaccio with Wasabi sherbet for entree and Koki san jac with suaver cream and seasoning herbs.

Don't miss the Abaya red wine La Rouge, one of Israeli best boutique winery
A pleasure.

1  Thank Moshi8
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Uri Buri styles itself as an upscale restaurant that specializes in sea foods, with main dishes coming at 25$ and higher. Unfortunately, the service, atmosphere, and most importantly, food quality does not live up to the prices.

The weak point in my experience was the service. Waiters were never around, things had to be asked for twice and they made a mistake with our check.

The low point in the service in my eyes was when I complained about the food (more on that later), I called the waitress, and said "Is this fish supposed...:", I didn't even finish the sentence, and she cut in with a sharp "yes it does". That was incredibly rude. I expect sassy attitude from fast food workers, not from waiters in upscale restaurants.

Food was the second weakest point - I'm not a fussy eater. As part of my job, I dine out once a day at least, and that accumulates to literally over 500 restaurant visits in the past 2 years.
During all that time I have never sent back a dish, until now.
The Salmon Fillet I ordered was dry as a shoe sole. For around 25$, not including service, I expected much more.
The replacement fillet was almost too raw, probably out of fear that I would send it back as well. It was decent, but not worth the money. The mashed potato side dish was pretty good.

Atmosphere: the decor is alright, but doesn't convey "fancy" in the slightest. no music. The seating arrangement is very awkward if you're a couple - get ready to sit on the aisle.

To summarize: bad service, decent food, poor to decent atmosphere. Not worth the money.

2  Thank Jon B
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I went to Uri Buri for lunch with my two teenage sons. My eldest son went for a mixed seafood platter with Israeli pasta and was very pleased with his choice but my youngest son and I split four half-orders and that is the way to go to gain a choice of fish tastes. We had the bass in cauldron, cod fish in butter, sage and lemon sauce, served with cauliflower puree, salmon lightly smoked, with spinach martini sauce and creamed puree, and the fish of the day, grouper -- all dishes were fantastic. Great bread to accompany. We highly recommend this restaurant, don't miss it when you are in Acre or anywhere on the northern coast of Israel. When you come out of the crusader tunnel at the port, hang a right, and you're right there!