“Amazing treasure in Acco. The chef/owner will be world famous one day”
Review of Dalal

Dalal
Ranked #16 of 63 Restaurants in Acre
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 30, 2014

I am not a foodie but this meal was one of the most interesting and memorable ones I have ever had. I wasnt very hungry so I asked for a half portion of the Dalal Tapas. It was fresh fish with wonderful tastes: humous, peas, beets, labane. The Chef insisted on feeding me the first bite and then dabbed jasmine oil on my right hand so that i would smell it while i was eating.
He has everything he needs to be a world class chef---imagination, talent, and a wonderful personality. We will definitely go back and I cant wait to see what he is going to do next.

2  Thank nancys
There are newer reviews for Dalal

Reviewed August 24, 2014

exciting food.
intimate place, and professional service.
sophisticated and simpale together , fresh prodact.
Must try the dish Named Dalal
And the local liker that the owner made.

1  Thank Reuvengil
Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

OK this is a big tag for a little place but it is simply outstanding. The food is exotic, local made ingredients, and incredibly well flavored. But that is only part of the beginning, Osama weaves into each dish a rich history of his family and Arab history. If this is not a five star restaurant I don't know what is. The young man and his restaurant give hope about the future of the human race.

2  Thank Toby C
Reviewed August 18, 2014

We ate at Dalal's last night for my wife's birthday. The chef Dalal came and told a little about the menu and said that he could just surprise us with dishes until we were sated. We decided to go for this, with the stipulation that my wife was pregnant so no raw fish.

We started with 3 salads as a starter. Each was different and each was delicious. The lentil salad was the highlight with some unique flavors. This is one of the benefits of allowing the chef to surprise you since I would normally only order a lentil salad for punishment. After this we shared 3 mains. An Octopus Carapaccio (it was cooked). This was a wonderful dish. This was followed by the highlight of the evening which was the prawns with okra. The prawns tasted so fresh and the sauce was delicious. Finally we had a whole fish to finish things out.

The reason I am holding back from giving 5 stars is a few small details. There is no wine list, something the chef, Dalal, said that he was working on. You could get wine by the glass, a beer or whatever drink you wanted from the bar next door. The second point is that all of the dishes were very lemony. I liked this, my wife less so. Finally there didn't seem to be any carbohydrate based options on the menu. This is great if you are trying to lose weight, but not so good if you are pregnant. Dalal did kindly oblige my wife with a small potato side dish he created.

Overall these are small details and not a reason not to pay Dalal a visit. Highly recommended.

2  Thank Jeremy H
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

Now I can die in peace!!!
Never though that visiting a resturant could be such a uniqe and great exeprience,
The food is very special, simple and traditional but with a very uniqe twist; besides that what makes this experience different from all others is the warm welcoming and personal service .
Do yourself a favor and try it

2  Thank Yara O