“A wonderful vacation hotel”

Rimonim Palm Beach Acre
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Acre
Reviewed June 30, 2012

My wife and I arrived in the middle of the week with another couple for a three-night stay. When we made the reservation, two weeks earlier, I specifically requested a double bed for us, and two singles pushed together for our friends. I also requested adjoining rooms with a door in between. Our rooms were exactly as requested, with our bed being a king, and theirs being the size of a king when the two beds were pushed together. Their room also contained two armchairs, whereas ours had an extra bed which was folded up into a sofa. The rooms faced the sea, were airconditioned, had free wi-fi, a fridge, a safe, and cable tv. One minor problem was that the rooms were on the seventh floor, where the owner lives, and the elevators only go to the sixth floor.
Parking was both ample and free.
We spent a lot of time touring the Galilee, so didn't have a lot of time to make use of all of the hotel's facilities, but one of us spent time in the indoor pool, and we all spent some time getting dance lessons from the Israel-folkdance instructor. There was also outdoor singing led by a song leader outdoors in the evening, and a large outdoor pool. The private beach is easily accessible by all hotel guests. All the facilities above, including the parking, are free for guests.
A large Israeli breakfast is also free with the room, and included the services of an omelette chef.
On one of the evenngs we were there a high school was having its graduation party in a hall right next to the lobby, which made the atmosphere in the lobby less pleasant than usual, due to the music from the party. Upon our request, the management closed both doors leading to the party, but in general loud parties should be held in halls further from the main lobby.
The room, as the rest of the hotel, was clean, spacious and modern.
There were two minor problems:
1. Our room door did not double lock. A phone call to the front desk elicited a repair within minutes.
2. Every evening when we returned to our room we discovered that the maid had turned the airconditioning back on and left it on all day. We considered this a waste of electricity and informed the hotel management when we left.
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting either to spend a holiday in the Galilee, or just relax for a few days in a spa hotel with massages, jacuzzis, indoor and outdoor pools, an exercise room, a private beach and a very large lawn.
There are Shabbat elevators and Shabbat keys on request.

Room Tip: If you can't climb stairs at all, make sure to ask for a room below the 7th floor. If a single l...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Daveed S
There are newer reviews for Rimonim Palm Beach Acre

Reviewed June 18, 2012

Everything about this hotel is, well, average. The staff, the rooms, the food. 70's style on the outside and inside. Our room was not too inviting but clean enough. The bathroom could use a major overhaul, especially the leaky shower. Apparently the hotel has it's own beach, but was closed off by a huge gate. In fact, the entire grounds are completely fenced in. The public beach was rather dirty - beware of the mad horsemen that seem to think they are in a chariot race! What I enjoyed most: the view of the old city of Acre as the sun set! Spectacular!
This hotel is adequate for a night or two, not for an entire vacation.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We had a spacious room with sea view. For one night didn't have time to take advantage of the large outdoor pool and gardens. Breakfast was a bit of a "bun fight" but otherwise OK. Ate dinner in the restaurant over the road which was good value. Menu in Hebrew but friendly manager happy to translate.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jilly13_11
Reviewed June 6, 2012

We stayed overnight in the hotel. We arrived without a booking. The staff were great. Showed us the room before we decided to stay. The rooms were simple but very clean. The wifi was down initially but hey we're happy to re-set it immediately after I drew their attention to it. The pool area was HUGE. Who said space was hard to come by. Breakfast was sensational. Akko is well worth the visit. Great cafe style restaurant about 2km away -Cafe Netta. I would have no issue returning to the hotel. Simple but worth while.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 16, 2012

I spent 2 nights here in a "Royal Suite" on the first floor. Apparently, there are only 3 of these, each with a balcony, table, chairs, umbrella and a nice view of the Mediterranean.

Front desk, check-in.. professional, accommodating... nice music playing... entrance and lobby inviting. Bar area, very spacious with TVs everywhere and lots of seating! I'm thinking... "I did good!"

So,I get my plastic key from the desk clerk, she says, "you have a VERY nice room sir!" I'm feeling more important now! I took the elevator.. one floor up (important people do that).

Elevator door opens to the 1st floor.. all of a sudden, things begin to change... the short hallway to my room (105) is dark, noticeably dirty carpet, black walls. I open the door to the my room and walk in; my first impression of the "Royal Suite" was, "and I paid all that for this?" It is apparent the furniture has been there for a long.. long time, 1970s, no joke. There was an odd, red padded upright chair, a very old and dirty, ready-for-the-trash, couch/fold out bed (I couldn't bring myself to sit on it, no matter how important I was). There was also a small, blond-wood table against one walls and a short, chest-of-drawers (also blonde) that was certainly out of place... and that's it. The floors? worn out. The sliding glass doors (there are two) were broken and wouldn't lock.
Wifi? Forget it in your room, you must go to the lobby (where I'm typing this).

The bed was ok as was the lighting. The bath.. ok.. no shampoo, the push-button soap serves as both. Towels and sheets, clean. The shower, honestly... excellent! I ate dinner and breakfast here, both were, surprisingly, excellent!

SO... after the initial introduction, I began to settle in... I went to the front desk about the broken doors.. they fixed them immediately! Everyone was nice, the workmen were (as most Israelis are) cordial. I spent most of my time on the balcony and not the 'first room' of my suite. Actually, when you think about it, the room isn't where you spend most of your time anyway.

The olympic size pool, the whirl pools, sauna and spa are great. There is a wonderful, spacious, grassy area (I mean spacious). There is a private beach, not large, but nice. Chairs and lounge chairs are plentiful. Oldies music was fun to listen to.

Summary: 2 - 3 stars as far as furniture is concerned. 4 stars for the location, beach, view etc. 5 stars for pool and staff. There are some obvious things about this hotel: It's not the hotel guest they are concerned about. Banquets, weddings, special meeting and members who use the facilities but not the rooms, are the central focus here. Would I stay here again? Absolutely, YES, even though I know, the rooms are below standard. Hopefully, the owners will wake up and refurbish this hotel. If they would do that, this would be one of the best medium range hotels in Israel.

Room Tip: No WiFi except Lobby...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Michael U
Reviewed April 4, 2012

A good hotel , plenty of hot water , good shower , nice bar . Although I was served a warm beer ! Staff OK . Across the road there is a good restuarant , excellent chicken kebabs, All in all a nice place to stay . Akko / Acre well worth a visit.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 31, 2012

This hotel is a bit dated, but knowing that it is not all that bad. The rooms are clean and functional, although I had some problem getting wifi connection in my room towards the end of the corridor. Breakfast was ok, edible but not particularly exciting.

However, the quality is reflected in the price tag.

I stayed one night on business in January, so not really season. But, I guess that if you get here in vacation periods it can be nice with the beach just outside.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Acre
Akkotel
#1 of 1 in Shavei Tzion
Sea Life Hotel
Sea Life Hotel
#2 of 7 in Nahariya

Been to Rimonim Palm Beach Acre? Share your experiences!