“The views from the restaurant are great. The food and the service are not.”
Review of Doniana

Doniana
Ranked #4 of 62 Restaurants in Acre
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Ramat Gan, Israel
“The views from the restaurant are great. The food and the service are not.”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We ordered the flowing courses:
Humus: was terrible and the pitas that accompanied were cold and not fresh
Fried cheese: the waiter took the order, but did not bring it
Mushrooms with cheese: the waiter took the order, but did not bring it
Mussels: tasted like rubber
Fillet Denis: it was ok, but too expensive. It contained bones.
Schnitzel: ok
Striped bass: probably was a made a frozen fish bought from a supermarket. Terrible.

The only good thing about this restaurant is the beautiful views of old Acre, the bay of Haifa and the Carmel Mountain.

2 Thank ROY W

• Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
“Over rated food, terrible service.”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I'm staying in Akko for 4 days now. I have eaten in several restaurants around this area. Somebody recommended this restaurant, so I decided to go for dinner. It is a ver nice place. But terrible service. Our waiter looked at us and didn't ever said hi, after we waited for more than 10 minutes. I wasn't end a red snapper and he said, we don't have the snapper, with a mean look in his face. Asked him for a baked potato and he got me French fries. When I asked him for the check he ignored me completely. I know I will never come back to this place. And of course I didn't tip him.

1 Thank Fabiolachan
Binyamina, Israel
“Good oriental food, great steak”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

The salads and first course dishes are enough for many. Seafood is an optional recommendation, on our latest visit with my folks, they were extremely delighted by the filet steak and sent a special thanks to the chef.

Kiryat Bialik
“Local people eat here!”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Excellent oriental food, hospitable service + scenery make this restaurant premium choice for local people as well as an atraction where I bring many of my guests.
I have enjoyed this place many times. The salads and first course dishes are enough for many. Seafood is an optional reccomendation.

• Visited July 2013
Birmingham
“Excellent Food with Stunning Views”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I recently had the opportunity to visit Akko, a beautiful and historic place in its own right. However, the real reason for the visit was to enjoy a meal at the Doriana. The service and food was excellent with an abundance of starters and the most enjoyable seafood selection cooked to pefection. To top it all we sat by the window which has an elevated view of the sea and surrounding area. Pricing seemed reasonable by European standards and I would certainly return if visiting the North of Israel.

• Visited July 2013