“Viktor 2, once and never again”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mataram
Hotel Melati Viktor
Vancouver, Canada
“Viktor 2, once and never again”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I'm reading the reviews and wondering if people stayed at the same place that I did. All the viktor compounds look nice on the outside, and for me that was where it stopped. I was told by the staff to stay in viktor 2 because it was more quiet. But the room they offered me was upstairs, closest to the street and very nosy. I asked if there were Any downstairs rooms available because they would be more quiet and they said no, even though a couple was leaving one as I arrived. I found the staff, with one exception, to be unfriendly and unhelpful, and the people there who organize transportation ask for more than the going rate on the street. I arrived in the morning and the room had not yet been cleaned and made up. When I returned at 10 pm after being out all day, it still hadn't been. There were no sheets on the bed and there were cigarette butts in the ashtray and the bathroom was dirty. The very sweet guy who manned the office at night (he's the exception) needed to round up sheets and a towel and clean the bathroom. The sink was plugged, and the bathroom smelled like a sewer (I don't know if this is the case with all rooms or just the one I was in). The corners of the ceiling were covered in cob webs, as was the small light between the two beds that had no cover and didn't work. There was no small table between the beds to put a watch or a bottle of water. It was so noisy from the street that I slept with heavy duty earplugs. The only saving grace of the room was that it was the closest to the street and picked up viktor 3's wifi.
At 100,000 rupiah for one person (I think it's the same price for two, even though I was assured I was paying less), its not expensive but also not cheap. There are plenty of other places close by at this price or even less (they were mostly full, which is why I stayed at viktor), and I'd try one of them if I were in Mataram again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Indonesian first
Westkapelle, The Netherlands
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Nice hotel, very central, we had a ac room, which was remarkably clean. Nice personal as well. We didn't like the breakfast but that was the only downside. The road was nice and quiet, and there were not only foreigner staying there.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Juul-Wouter
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Checked out a couple of places prior to Victor 3. At one point during my trip I wanted to go to a (expensive) luxury hotel for a night. After Victor 3 for a mere 200.000 I could cross that from my list. Place looked kitsch but good. Big rooms, nice bed, wifi, satelitte tv, AC & hot water and really clean. Nice staf and decent breakfast, which will be brought to your room. Good laundry service. Manager is a nice and knowledgeable guy. scooter/bike service.
only point of critism. the window at the bathroom needs a mosquito net, 'cause lots can get easily in your room now.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Rudy84
melbourne
Reviewed November 14, 2012

There are 3 Victor hotels in he same street, 1, 2 and 3.
Victor 3 is the choice as it is new and spotless.
Tuned in guys with good knowledge of Lombok and tours to other islands
For the asking price of 200k it is quite good value compared to some grubby nearby hotels asking the same for lower standards..

Sampai jumpa
Ahmat.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms would be quieter, but the rooms below are acceptable during the night.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank bazil10
Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

We went here because of the lonely planet. When we arrived at Victor 1, they only had rooms in victor 2 across the street. We wanted a room with ac so then we went to Victor 3! That was brand new!

For 200k we had a great and clean and new room. We were very happy with this room for such a price. We asked for towels and toiletpaper and we got their own towels and the boy even went away to buy toiletpaper! They also had good suggestions for staying around, etc. Very helpful.

Only thing was that the staff was hanging around Victor 3 so it was a bit noisy during the morning and evening (when we were at the hotel)

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank tuddlezzz
Marlborough
Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for one night at Viktor 3 after our usual stay was fully booked. As there are 3 different Viktor places, I think this one is the newest! Our room was very clean, air con with hot water shower, TV with satellite channels. Breakfast was included but was very basic and minimal....oh well....for the price one cannot expect much more! We will stay here again...

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank flyingkiwis_9
Voorburg, The Netherlands
Reviewed August 24, 2011

we had a very good time in this hotel (parents with 2 kids 7 & 8 years). Very cheap, but clean. Basic room, clean sheet, acceptable shower & basic breakfast. We had 2 rooms next to each other. Tourist information was very good (advice for Gocekan! - tourist excursions, tickets, etc etc). We played soccer with the local kids of the owners in Mataram Mall.
Centrally located near Mataram Mall and nice typical local market.
So: great experience in wonderfull Mataram.

Room Tip: 7 minutes walk from Mataram Mall
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mataram
Idoop Hotel
#9 of 42 in Mataram
Minabi Guest house
Minabi Guest house
#66 of 468 in Lombok

Been to Hotel Melati Viktor? Share your experiences!