“heaven on the planet”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lombok
Heaven On The Planet
Ranked #94 of 666 Specialty Lodging in Lombok
Noosa, Australia
“heaven on the planet”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

wow! it is amazing how different peoples opinions can be on the same spot!! we have been twice to hotplanet with our three young children....we adore it...kerry moira and all the staff are like family while we are there...and the other guests become like that too ...but obviously a lot depends on your attitude.... occasional drip from a roof //....i am stoked to be staying in a gorgeous traditional grass roofed house in a very remote part of lombok..... overpriced// i think the packages are exceptional value ..(massages, incredible delicious menu, surf shack staff and equipment at your service) ...beautiful warm friendly staff .....but if you are cranky uptight and unfriendly maybe they appear differently....cold showers ..kind of exhilirating really... and makes you appreciate the luxuries of western life.... i could counter every bad point with a positive ....i guess it depends what you are after....if you want total western luxury, airconditioning and a hot bath every night go somewhere else...if you love nature and the ocean and people and surf and life in general you are gonna love it!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank sunmantra

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Australia
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Have read recently a number of adverse reviews of HOT Planet and cannot work out why. Over the years I have taken my wife and 3 kids to HOT Planet and each trip has been an absolute pleasure. In general the staff are great, sure they have their moments, but dont they everywhere. If you want 5 star luxury then HOT Planet probably isnt the place for you, but if you want a relaxing holiday, good waves, friendly staff and good food, I dont think there is anywhere better. What else could you ask for? I am definitely looking forward to going back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Terrigal, Australia
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I stayed a number of times. It has its faults but this time it was worse than ever.

On the positives. The staff are nice, especially, the males. The food is good and there is a new pool with a decking around it.

Well, that was the positive.

The negatives:

1. Though I spoke to them three times before arriving regarding the price, the price was change upwards after the first night. Not by much but it is the principle of the thing.
2. I was upgraded to a better room but the better room leaked heaps that night and the next day when it rained. The bed was wet, the floor was wet and the deck was wet. I couldn't hang around my room. Luckily, it didn't leak on my bags.
3 The shower had the pressure of a leaky, dripping tap.
4. The bathroom had only a partial roof so one got wet going to the toilet due to the rain. Also it is a security risk with the monkeys.
5. There is no power at night so therefore no fan. It was exceeding hot and sticky that night.
6. I pass my complaints to the staff,. They listened but nothing happened.

They are changing the name of the place to 'santuary'.

After one night, I left for Kuta, Lombok.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
6 Thank rockterrigal
wavesinekas, Owner at Heaven On The Planet, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Our prices are clearly advertised on our website. Our two only non package rooms, which are more simple rooms and therefore cost less are the ones this reviewer was interested in. In the wet season, the more simple rooms can get some rain in and as the reviewer was there in the wet unfortunately this happened. He was upgraded but nothing would satisfy him as he could not get the price he wanted. Most guests book in advance and we are able to provide them with the room they want. We never allow guests to sleep on a wet bed and always try to help if something is wrong.
Ko Chang, Thailand
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I spent three and a half weeks enjoying what can only be described as pure bliss at heaven on the planet. Opening my eyes every morning to view the breath taking cliff top views over ekas bay and onto mt Rinjani, the days just flew by. Not a surfer myself I spent the days stand up paddle boarding, kayaking, hiking, cycling, visiting the near by villages, swimming, and Snorkling. I was never at a loss for an activity but also enjoyed a lot of rest. A relaxing massage always on offer.
The owners Moira an Kerry made me feel so welcome and the local staff kept me entertained to no end. Special shout out to Ramzi and Zen.
The restaurant offers an amazing menu which even throughout my 3 week stay I couldn't eat my way through an couldn't fault a signal dish. Frequent beach party's with tasty buffet dinners were a favourite of mine as it was a great opportunity to meet other guests and enjoy the breathtaking sunsets together.
Although a slightly torturous journey to get there I can't wait to get back!

Room Tip: They have a first in first served policy so by booking in advance I gaurnteed an excellent room, I s...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We had a great time as we enjoy being on the move and kicking back in the evening. Surfed every day for two weeks, snorkeled when the surf was smaller, went on kayak and SUP excursions, got the boat to surf spots. Only did one inland trip and that went well, with the arrangements and pace very comfortable. The staff are excellent, approachable and are keen to provide good food and assisted with local knowledge for walks, bike rides or bus rides. If you are particularly passionate about a particular piece of equipment you would like to use- like the SUPs, sail boat or pools its worth checking their status prior to your trip with Moira. They get used a lot and like all stuff have short down-times for maintenance.We left the place fitter than we arrived as the menu had heaps of healthy choices and delicious juices. There is a decent set of steps between clifftop and beach and we puffed a bit at the start... but sailed up them by the end. Early morning sandy beach swims at low tide were a treat.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Crystal Mountain, Washington
Reviewed April 9, 2013

The staff of this lovely hotel make you feel at home straightaway. Take advantage of the all-inclusive massage, enjoy the incredible views and uncrowded surf. While it's a bit off the beaten path (though not too much so), the welcome feel and friendly atmosphere make you never want to leave.

Room Tip: The rooms closer to the center are quieter.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Hi Moira and Kerry

the holiday is over and we are back home now in Augusta.

Thanks you both very much for a delightful stay at HOT Planet, we both had a really great time, and you were very generous hosts.

The food was excellent and the waves were good.

We loved the beach BBQ, Kerry good tips on the waves and the SUP (even if you did put me on that 8' 6" mini board!

We look forward to the next holiday

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tony L
wavesinekas, Owner at Heaven On The Planet, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Thank you Beth and Tony for your review and for coming to see us at Heaven on the Planet. We are so happy you enjoyed your holiday and we look forward to seeing you again. I will remember the nice swim you and I had Beth at Ocean Heaven.