“Amazing view and friendly owners”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lombok
Rinjani Mountain Garden
Ranked #57 of 546 Lombok B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Rinjani Mountain Garden is situated on the north of Lombok on the Rinjani. This hotel is a great place to stay. The view from your little house is Amazing. You are surrounded by ricefields and you can see the ocean at distance. The pool is filled with water from the mountains, this water is also used for the shower and the tab. This is one of the few places on Lombok where you can drink from the tab. Furthermore the atmosphere on the complex is very good. There are some animals walking around. Fresh baked bread for breakfast and some very good meals you can choose for dinner!

Room Tip: The romantic pondok is very cute
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank bbrendab

Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Unfortunately I stayed in this accommodation managed by an old couple of Germans. The pics, description of the place surrounding by lots of animals sounds great at first and I was really happy to book it. But...since the beginning the couple was not nice at all, we were hungry and ask for a place to take a lunch but the place is far from everything and the woman just told me that I had to wait until the dinner because she didn't want to give us anything to eat (it was around 2 pm) ...we did...
After 2 days in mount rinjani garden I had food poisonning and was sick till the end of my stay. Nobody cared about me, didn't ask me if I need something and really didn't care about how I get that (common I had breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday in this place!). When I asked for special food (just white bread and rice) they were soooooo unpleasant..But I was too exhausted because of my fever to complain.
Another thing that made me feel terrible is the way the managers speak to their employees, as servants, shouting them all the time...
Their local employees don't speak English so I had to ask everything to the unpleasant managers.
My happiest moment was when I took the taxi to leave this horrible place. (Fortunately in my next accomodation they sent me a doctor, and they were sooo helpful and kind and I was recovered acouple of days later. My advice: go elsewhere, there are a lot of nice accomodations in the beautiful island of Lombok!!

• Stayed: June 2013
9  Thank Pumdoom
Reviewed April 23, 2013

You couldn’t ask for a more spectacular location or journey. The cottage was clean and simple overlooking the gardens, natural swimming pool, animals and impossibly green rice paddies. It is in an isolated spot so you will need a bike to get around, but as everywhere on Lombok this was straightforward and cheap. The guesthouse was very efficiently run, a little too much for our relaxed tastes. We had to choose our dinner in the morning, I always find this a bit tricky to decide so far in advance, and sit down at 7pm prompt with the other guests to eat. This does make for a sociable environment but more flexibility would make the stay a little more relaxing.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Meri_Jahn
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We loooved to stay here! Roland and Tony are very pleasant people to stay with and the views are superb! All the animals are very fun, especially dog Ayu, she will come with you when you go on a walking through the rice fields and woods. We did a trip from the hotel and it was very nice. If you want to climb the mountain you sould be well trained. Love to come back here some day!

Room Tip: There are also tents to choose from.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank doortjevdmolen
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I stayed here with my partner earlier this year and we really enjoyed it. The room was simple but cool and comfortable. It was such a relief to sleep somewhere with the windows open without worrying about mosquitos. The views are breathtaking. The meals hearty. The animals entertaining. The hosts eccentric and charming. All in all, if you're looking to feel the fresh air, escape the tourist trap and engage with the real island, then you won't go wrong.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2013

You are in perfect hands here at Rinjani mountain garden. The place is run by two Germans Toni and Roland, they are just sharing their piece of heaven with us actually.

Toni welcomes you with her broad smile..This place is even a vegetarians delight. Toni took proper care of us by getting us a table Fan (especially for us and got it fixed in our room) and got plain curd (yoghurt) for us.. All these purchases had to be made from a place which was quite far away and they never charged anything extra from us.

The whole place is filled with greenery and the photos you see here are for real :) Tiu Telep and Seng Lila waterfalls are nearby and Johny takes you on a trek to these waterfalls. You can walk through forests, paddy fields and fill your lungs with as much good oxygen as possible :)

I cant thank Toni enough for the wonderful time we had with them. Vegetarians get enough good veg food here which was a pleasant surprise for us :)

Note: Gili (Air, Meno and Trawangan) Islands can be reached by boat from a place which is one and half hours away from the homestay.. The airport is almost three and half hours away from the homestay.

Room Tip: The downstair rooms can be painful because of the creeks/noises from the wood houses on top. So pref...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SoorajIyer
Reviewed November 21, 2012

if you like natural setting and animals, you got to stay here for enjoying natural "kampung"village padi field . i stay in a tradition bangalow in the middle of the padi field. every day you wake up ,first thing you see was a nice scenic rice field view.
The pet animal are roaming free in this garden setting homestay. Managed by a nice couple from German. Mr Roland and Mrs Toni.
By the way ,Toni was a good cook, no matter western or indo food, you have to try it out.
i stayed here for 3 nights, and strongly recommend this place if you like places without TV,WiFi but only fresh air and green.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple