Open today: 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great experience!

Spent the last three days diving with Two Fish in South Lombok and everything was fantastic. We... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
53frogs
via mobile
Belongas Bay Diving - superb!

My daughter and I had 3 days diving with Two Fish in mid August 2019. Highlight of the trip was... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
stevep690
Cardiff

All reviews belongas bay dive zone mobula rays dive sites great diving dive shop strong currents experienced divers south lombok big stuff diving experience days diving frog fish mandarin fish small creatures sea snakes indonesian standards
Selected filters
Reviewed August 9, 2019

My wife and I stayed here for 10 days and we thought it was fantastic.
The instructors Jay and Kate are both very professional and passionate about their job.
Ipan the local divemaster also shows you all the beautiful things underwater, sometimes very small creatures.
Diving in Belongas Bay is also recommended, 100% adrelanine insured.
For Dominic the manager of Two Fish Lombok, nothing is too much to help the guests.
For example, my wife had lost her lenses of the diving mask, and then Dominic quickly had a magnifying glass brought from the store.
Which is not evident in this region.
Furthermore, I can also say that the food is also very tasty, a small menu but everything is very fresh and very tasty.
We really enjoyed our stay at this diving club.
Thank you for making our diving vacation unforgettable.
Love you guys
Top place

Date of experience: July 2019
Wander18864586203, Manager at Two Fish Divers South Lombok, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2019

Thank you Mathieu, it was a lot of fun having you here and I can't wait to see the magnifying glass photos :) We all look forward to welcoming you both back here again one day

All the best - Dom, Jay and the Two Fish South Lombok Team

Reviewed May 27, 2019

Me and two friends spent one day diving with Two Fish at Belongas Bay. We dived Gili Sarang, The Magnet and Cathedral. The visibility wasn’t great but nonetheless the diving was epic (even without seeing hammerheads - we didn’t get lucky and it wasn’t really the right time of year yet anyway). We did however descend upon a huge school of Mobula Rays on our first dive at Gili Sarang. Gorgeous.

The Magnet was tough diving as expected (although the conditions were not as bad as they can sometimes be we’re told). Lots of unpredictable current pulling is all sorts of directions. Luckily we didn’t experience any strong down current. Gorgeous pinnacle though even without the hammies.

Cathedral was my favorite dive. Strong currents but very impressive double pinnacle, great rock formations, and teaming with all sorts of life (and a ridiculous number of sea snakes).

The entire diving experience at Belongas Bay was exciting, and entirely not surprising that they recommend at least 100 dives experience prior to diving there. You do really need to know what you’re doing.

The experience with Dive Zone / Two Fish overall was good. The only negative thing I would say is the timing in the morning. We were picked up very early (6am) but when arriving at the boat pick-up point, we waited for at least 45 mins before the boat and drive crew arrived.

Everything else about Dive Zone / Two Fish was great. The dive master and crew were great. There were three experienced DM’s, a DMT, and 4 divers. The DM in charge was very experienced at Belongas Bay, which is incredibly important given the difficulty of the diving there, especially at The Magnet and Cathedral. Besides experienced they were also incredibly friendly, professional and although strict when it comes to the diving, they were fun to hang out with outside of the water. Exactly what you want.

The diving isn’t cheap for Indonesian standards but well worth it. Especially as you wont really encounter any other dive boats out there. I read some reviews complaining about the pricing but if you want cheap diving go up to the Gili Islands and dive with the other 10,000 people in the water that day. If you want something a little off the beaten track, something more challenging and exciting, then go to Belongas Bay. I would certainly go back and try to find a little more luck at The Magnet ;)

Date of experience: May 2019
3  Thank LucienMoolhuizen
George M, Owner at Two Fish Divers South Lombok, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2019

Hi Lucien,

Thank you very much for your review, much appreciated and very happy to hear you enjoyed your diving with us. For sure try to make it back somewhere between June and October and hopefully there will be a few hammerheads there to greet you ;)

All the best from Lombok and happy bubbles!!

Reviewed May 13, 2019 via mobile

I spent 2 days diving with Dive Zone / Two Fish. Firstly I would like to say the staff are excellent - Friendly, Knowledgeable and professional - hence the second star - just unfortunately the organisation is simply not worth the money you pay with them.

Now this was the first trip of the season so I do hope everything is fixed in the near future but people booking soon or around this time of the year I strongly recommend reading and not booking.

My first day I had no complaints the two dives Sunken Island and Deep Corner were beautiful both 1 hour long dives with beautiful coral... maybe and it’s just a suggestion something could be done about be rubbish as it is quite sad but that’s obviously something bigger then their company but it would be nice to hear they are doing something about it as it is there work place!

However for the organisation of the Belongas Day Trip I’d say was not far off horrible! Your diving for day trips wise is very expensive 3,240,000 for 4 dives is more expensive then back in Australia! But for quality diving and a quality experience I would pay that. It’s unfortunatly not what i received.

With the diving being so expensive I personally believe the transfer should be included ( which it’s not ) and surely if there are 3 people in the car instead of 1 the transfer should be cheaper... instead all 3 of us still paid 200,000 - there company making even more money!

I was told in the morning I would be picked up just after 7... didn’t hear from anyone until I messaged the office at 7.37 to receive a phone call to apologise that they were running slightly late and would be another 10minutes... just before 8 I was finally picked up.

When we arrived at Belongas bay we were then told that due to a crew dispute there was no boat... now I’ve worked in tourism and I understand crew can have arguments and miscommunications however it is simply unacceptable to arrive to an expensive day / dive trip and not have a boat to take us there.. we shouldn’t have to sit there listening to the local guides have to argue to get our boat back for the day, yes the instructor explained why.. but reality is we got dropped off to a dive trip an hour late already and for another hour and a half there was no boat, it’s simple unacceptable!

Due to the delay we missed diving the magnet on the high slack tide like we were supposed to instead had it an hour and a half into dropping, so conditions on let me say a beautiful day to be fair dropped and the currents picked up, yes visibility wasn’t great but I’ll never complain about something they can’t control. However you can control the timing of when we are diving with a good dive plan which failed.

Also on their website it states you only have a maximum of 4 people per group... we had 5 I was actually under the impression it was only 3 with my dealings with you which I was excited about. I understand they had an extra DMT and Skipper diving with us aswell once again they were both great however the DMT was diving the magnet for the first time and the skipper didn’t exactly know the professional plan for a dive, so you can’t exactly say that counts for the extra person. Their website states “Prossional Guides”. if anything it turns 5 into 7 with more people to bump into with currents and the extra person they added who did 2 dives the day before hadn’t dived for 2 years who ironically was the first person low on air.

Lastly and I do understand it was the first dive of the season however surely! If they are going to run a hammerhead dives and they know that they are their with temperatures from 21-24 and the chances of seeing them drop dramatically after that... they could of messaged or sent someone down to the area to see what the water temperature was? Simply if I was told at the start you need 21-24 to see them and it’s 30degrees I would not of booked.

Other things the boats port engine was playing up all day which slowed us down.... it’s engines I know things go wrong... but again it’s the first trip of the season everything should be planned and ready.... It wasnt. Even there wasn’t enough drinking cups on the boat everyone had to share between 3? That’s a joke in itself?

After sending this email to the company I did accept an apology and 50% off my next trip with them, unfortunately I don’t want to spend anymore money with this company as I didn’t get my value for money in the first place why should I spend more money!

I very rarely leave negative comments like this - please check my profile. I just believe in value for money especially for diving which is a passion and unfortunately for me at this company I did not receive it.

Date of experience: May 2019
1  Thank billychristopher91
George M, Owner at Two Fish Divers South Lombok, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2019

Hello Billy, many thanks for your valuable feedback.

Regarding the boat issue: the boat man went on strike in the morning without telling anyone so it was a very surprising situation to us as well! Regarding the other issues: these are pretty basic mistakes that we are also not happy with. We have a new manager joining us end May and we will make sure that he is on top of these. We want to offer our sincere apologies to have caused you an undesirable experience as for sure your diving experience should have been better.

That said, I do need to mention respectively further clarify a few things as for some reason you seem to want to make your diving more expensive than it actually was. The first day, and the trip you were happy with was 1.350.000/2 dives, the second day, the trip you were not happy with was 1.650.000/2 dives. The remainder was for transports and extras. As according to your initial email complaint you obviously studied our website quite well (where we also state that we do not guarantee any dive site will be accessible at any particular time) and we mention very clearly on all of our promotion material that the hammerhead season is from June till October, nevertheless you opted to try your luck with spotting hammerheads in May, so I don’t really think it’s necessary to send our staff on a 1 hour car ride to check the water temperature when it’s clear that it’s not yet the high season for the hammerheads.

Granted the trip was surely not 100% but considering that the other 4 divers that joined you on this trip had no complaints and enjoyed their day I feel that our offer to issue you a credit for future diving was a fair offer.

Best regards from Lombok…

Reviewed April 30, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I got our Open Water in Sekotong during our honeymoon trip and we loved it!!!! Jake is a very experienced diver with thousands of dives under his belt and an extremely good teacher. He explains everything in a clear, thorough way and you always feel in very safe hands. He walked us through all the steps for the OWC and -most importantly- he made us feeling comfortable and at ease under water - which is a huge accomplishment considering my starting point!
Thank you very much Jake for allowing us entering into the wonderland of diving!!
Ps: We just got our Advanced and we were complimented on our OWD training :)

Date of experience: April 2019
George M, Owner at Two Fish Divers South Lombok, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2019

Hello Lucia, welcome to the diving world ;) Very happy to hear you had a great time learning with Jake and hope you and your husband will come see us again soon. Congratulations for your Advanced and happy bubbles!!

Reviewed October 8, 2018 via mobile

PASSIONATE & PROFESIONNAL
I came as an intrigued student and left a passionate diver. Thanks guys, I'll be back for more!!

THE CREW
Jake is an outstanding instructor and made me feel completely at ease from the beginning of my Open Water course. The same goes for Jessica who helped raise my skills to the next level and exceed my limits with the Advanced course. Jay, Jaz and the other dive masters were always keen to share valuable knowledge and experience, among whom Eddie stood out with his obvious passion for diving & marine life and his enthusiasm to share this with others.

Although I only planned on doing the two courses, the passion of the crew, the great vibe during and after the dives, as well as the beauty & diversity of the numerous dive sites made me change my plans and log some extra dives. A last diving day at Belongas was the best holiday ending I could wish for, thanks Jake!

LOCATION
- Unique Macro but also turtles, giant frog fish, sharks & barracudas and so much more
- diverse Reefs, Canyons, Overhangs, Sand bottom, some cool swim-throughs
- Great drift dives (Jay's cathedral, Lighthouse+, Canyon)
- If you are confident give Belongas a go, the dive sites are absolutely stunning!

OVERALL
+ Good vibe, expect happy people!
+ Good gear
+ Diverse dive sites
+ Helpful staff
+ Easy access to the dive shop, both from the mainland and surrounding islands.
+ Food is great and fairly priced

- more expensive than diving on Bali but the location makes up for it, South Lombok is beautiful and unspoiled

Date of experience: September 2018
1  Thank 551niekw
George M, Owner at Two Fish Divers South Lombok, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2018

Hi Niek,

Thank you for the lovely review, it was an absolute pleasure having you here and from all the team here we hope to see you again soon.Maybe for some more Belongas!!! HAPPY BUBBLES BRO!!

All the best