Open today: 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great experience!

Spent the last three days diving with Two Fish in South Lombok and everything was fantastic. We... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
53frogs
via mobile
Belongas Bay Diving - superb!

My daughter and I had 3 days diving with Two Fish in mid August 2019. Highlight of the trip was... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
stevep690
Cardiff

All reviews belongas bay dive zone mobula rays dive sites great diving dive shop strong currents experienced divers south lombok big stuff diving experience days diving frog fish mandarin fish small creatures sea snakes indonesian standards
Selected filters
Reviewed May 13, 2019 via mobile

I spent 2 days diving with Dive Zone / Two Fish. Firstly I would like to say the staff are excellent - Friendly, Knowledgeable and professional - hence the second star - just unfortunately the organisation is simply not worth the money you pay with them.

Now this was the first trip of the season so I do hope everything is fixed in the near future but people booking soon or around this time of the year I strongly recommend reading and not booking.

My first day I had no complaints the two dives Sunken Island and Deep Corner were beautiful both 1 hour long dives with beautiful coral... maybe and it’s just a suggestion something could be done about be rubbish as it is quite sad but that’s obviously something bigger then their company but it would be nice to hear they are doing something about it as it is there work place!

However for the organisation of the Belongas Day Trip I’d say was not far off horrible! Your diving for day trips wise is very expensive 3,240,000 for 4 dives is more expensive then back in Australia! But for quality diving and a quality experience I would pay that. It’s unfortunatly not what i received.

With the diving being so expensive I personally believe the transfer should be included ( which it’s not ) and surely if there are 3 people in the car instead of 1 the transfer should be cheaper... instead all 3 of us still paid 200,000 - there company making even more money!

I was told in the morning I would be picked up just after 7... didn’t hear from anyone until I messaged the office at 7.37 to receive a phone call to apologise that they were running slightly late and would be another 10minutes... just before 8 I was finally picked up.

When we arrived at Belongas bay we were then told that due to a crew dispute there was no boat... now I’ve worked in tourism and I understand crew can have arguments and miscommunications however it is simply unacceptable to arrive to an expensive day / dive trip and not have a boat to take us there.. we shouldn’t have to sit there listening to the local guides have to argue to get our boat back for the day, yes the instructor explained why.. but reality is we got dropped off to a dive trip an hour late already and for another hour and a half there was no boat, it’s simple unacceptable!

Due to the delay we missed diving the magnet on the high slack tide like we were supposed to instead had it an hour and a half into dropping, so conditions on let me say a beautiful day to be fair dropped and the currents picked up, yes visibility wasn’t great but I’ll never complain about something they can’t control. However you can control the timing of when we are diving with a good dive plan which failed.

Also on their website it states you only have a maximum of 4 people per group... we had 5 I was actually under the impression it was only 3 with my dealings with you which I was excited about. I understand they had an extra DMT and Skipper diving with us aswell once again they were both great however the DMT was diving the magnet for the first time and the skipper didn’t exactly know the professional plan for a dive, so you can’t exactly say that counts for the extra person. Their website states “Prossional Guides”. if anything it turns 5 into 7 with more people to bump into with currents and the extra person they added who did 2 dives the day before hadn’t dived for 2 years who ironically was the first person low on air.

Lastly and I do understand it was the first dive of the season however surely! If they are going to run a hammerhead dives and they know that they are their with temperatures from 21-24 and the chances of seeing them drop dramatically after that... they could of messaged or sent someone down to the area to see what the water temperature was? Simply if I was told at the start you need 21-24 to see them and it’s 30degrees I would not of booked.

Other things the boats port engine was playing up all day which slowed us down.... it’s engines I know things go wrong... but again it’s the first trip of the season everything should be planned and ready.... It wasnt. Even there wasn’t enough drinking cups on the boat everyone had to share between 3? That’s a joke in itself?

After sending this email to the company I did accept an apology and 50% off my next trip with them, unfortunately I don’t want to spend anymore money with this company as I didn’t get my value for money in the first place why should I spend more money!

I very rarely leave negative comments like this - please check my profile. I just believe in value for money especially for diving which is a passion and unfortunately for me at this company I did not receive it.

Date of experience: May 2019
1  Thank billychristopher91
George M, Owner at Two Fish Divers South Lombok, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2019

Hello Billy, many thanks for your valuable feedback.

Regarding the boat issue: the boat man went on strike in the morning without telling anyone so it was a very surprising situation to us as well! Regarding the other issues: these are pretty basic mistakes that we are also not happy with. We have a new manager joining us end May and we will make sure that he is on top of these. We want to offer our sincere apologies to have caused you an undesirable experience as for sure your diving experience should have been better.

That said, I do need to mention respectively further clarify a few things as for some reason you seem to want to make your diving more expensive than it actually was. The first day, and the trip you were happy with was 1.350.000/2 dives, the second day, the trip you were not happy with was 1.650.000/2 dives. The remainder was for transports and extras. As according to your initial email complaint you obviously studied our website quite well (where we also state that we do not guarantee any dive site will be accessible at any particular time) and we mention very clearly on all of our promotion material that the hammerhead season is from June till October, nevertheless you opted to try your luck with spotting hammerheads in May, so I don’t really think it’s necessary to send our staff on a 1 hour car ride to check the water temperature when it’s clear that it’s not yet the high season for the hammerheads.

Granted the trip was surely not 100% but considering that the other 4 divers that joined you on this trip had no complaints and enjoyed their day I feel that our offer to issue you a credit for future diving was a fair offer.

Best regards from Lombok…

Reviewed April 30, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I got our Open Water in Sekotong during our honeymoon trip and we loved it!!!! Jake is a very experienced diver with thousands of dives under his belt and an extremely good teacher. He explains everything in a clear, thorough way and you always feel in very safe hands. He walked us through all the steps for the OWC and -most importantly- he made us feeling comfortable and at ease under water - which is a huge accomplishment considering my starting point!
Thank you very much Jake for allowing us entering into the wonderland of diving!!
Ps: We just got our Advanced and we were complimented on our OWD training :)

Date of experience: April 2019
George M, Owner at Two Fish Divers South Lombok, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2019

Hello Lucia, welcome to the diving world ;) Very happy to hear you had a great time learning with Jake and hope you and your husband will come see us again soon. Congratulations for your Advanced and happy bubbles!!

Reviewed October 8, 2018 via mobile

PASSIONATE & PROFESIONNAL
I came as an intrigued student and left a passionate diver. Thanks guys, I'll be back for more!!

THE CREW
Jake is an outstanding instructor and made me feel completely at ease from the beginning of my Open Water course. The same goes for Jessica who helped raise my skills to the next level and exceed my limits with the Advanced course. Jay, Jaz and the other dive masters were always keen to share valuable knowledge and experience, among whom Eddie stood out with his obvious passion for diving & marine life and his enthusiasm to share this with others.

Although I only planned on doing the two courses, the passion of the crew, the great vibe during and after the dives, as well as the beauty & diversity of the numerous dive sites made me change my plans and log some extra dives. A last diving day at Belongas was the best holiday ending I could wish for, thanks Jake!

LOCATION
- Unique Macro but also turtles, giant frog fish, sharks & barracudas and so much more
- diverse Reefs, Canyons, Overhangs, Sand bottom, some cool swim-throughs
- Great drift dives (Jay's cathedral, Lighthouse+, Canyon)
- If you are confident give Belongas a go, the dive sites are absolutely stunning!

OVERALL
+ Good vibe, expect happy people!
+ Good gear
+ Diverse dive sites
+ Helpful staff
+ Easy access to the dive shop, both from the mainland and surrounding islands.
+ Food is great and fairly priced

- more expensive than diving on Bali but the location makes up for it, South Lombok is beautiful and unspoiled

Date of experience: September 2018
1  Thank 551niekw
George M, Owner at Two Fish Divers South Lombok, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2018

Hi Niek,

Thank you for the lovely review, it was an absolute pleasure having you here and from all the team here we hope to see you again soon.Maybe for some more Belongas!!! HAPPY BUBBLES BRO!!

All the best
Jake

Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

Had 3 days diving with total 6 dives at DiveZone. Did a refresher course to get back up to speed, Jake our instructor made sure we were competent but also didn't drag it out. If you haven't dived this is best way as it includes 2 dives anyway.
Saw lots of amazing corals, fish, nudibranches, turtles, stingrays and other amazing creatures. They tailor the dive sites to the experience of the rivers that day. Those with good level of experience and skills can also head over to blongas with the hope of seeing the hammer heads and the big stuff! I think this is about an hour or so dive across land then you get boat from there.
Big thanks to Jake from divezone and burkan who manages the accommodation for rescuing us from some dodgy accommodation we had originally booked. The accommodation at DiveZone was far superior and more to the point was friendly and safe with a night security guard at all times.

Many thanks to the staff for a night of bintangs with their great company.
Food is available at breakfast and lunch time from the DiveZone chef. Limited menu but they are all tastey.
But it's easy enough to get boat over to Gili Asahan for 25,000 day/50,000 after dark each person each way. Highly advise anyone staying there to take a boat over to gili asahan one evening to eat at the eco resort which did amazing Italian food.

Also visited post earthquake and no damage to this area.

Date of experience: August 2018
George M, Owner at Two Fish Divers South Lombok, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2018

Hi Peter, thank you very much for your kind review and very happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us!! Apart from that also thank you including some very useful tips and info in your review, for sure much appreciated. Hope to see you diving with us soon again, all the best and happy bubbles from the DiveZone team!!

Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

Very good dives in sekotong bay,
pickup from gili asahan very useful !
Very friendly Staff dive master ,
They know very well dive zone
Good equipment,
Brigitte

Date of experience: July 2018
George M, Owner at Two Fish Divers South Lombok, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2018

Hi Brigitte, thank you very much for your kind words and very happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us. All the best and happy bubbles from the DiveZone team ;)