Open today: 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Belongas Bay Diving - 1 Day

Me and two friends spent one day diving with Two Fish at Belongas Bay. We dived Gili Sarang, The... read more

Reviewed May 27, 2019
LucienMoolhuizen
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Great experience, amazing teacher!

Reviewed April 30, 2019
luciapeccx
Bruxelles
via mobile

All reviews belongas bay mobula rays south lombok great diving big stuff strong currents diving experience frog fish mandarin fish indonesian standards days diving sea snakes open water the reefs thank you very much marine life these guys
Selected filters
Reviewed April 30, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I got our Open Water in Sekotong during our honeymoon trip and we loved it!!!! Jake is a very experienced diver with thousands of dives under his belt and an extremely good teacher. He explains everything in a clear, thorough way and you always feel in very safe hands. He walked us through all the steps for the OWC and -most importantly- he made us feeling comfortable and at ease under water - which is a huge accomplishment considering my starting point!
Thank you very much Jake for allowing us entering into the wonderland of diving!!
Ps: We just got our Advanced and we were complimented on our OWD training :)

Date of experience: April 2019
George M, Owner at Dive Zone South Lombok, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2019

Hello Lucia, welcome to the diving world ;) Very happy to hear you had a great time learning with Jake and hope you and your husband will come see us again soon. Congratulations for your Advanced and happy bubbles!!

Reviewed October 8, 2018 via mobile

PASSIONATE & PROFESIONNAL
I came as an intrigued student and left a passionate diver. Thanks guys, I'll be back for more!!

THE CREW
Jake is an outstanding instructor and made me feel completely at ease from the beginning of my Open Water course. The same goes for Jessica who helped raise my skills to the next level and exceed my limits with the Advanced course. Jay, Jaz and the other dive masters were always keen to share valuable knowledge and experience, among whom Eddie stood out with his obvious passion for diving & marine life and his enthusiasm to share this with others.

Although I only planned on doing the two courses, the passion of the crew, the great vibe during and after the dives, as well as the beauty & diversity of the numerous dive sites made me change my plans and log some extra dives. A last diving day at Belongas was the best holiday ending I could wish for, thanks Jake!

LOCATION
- Unique Macro but also turtles, giant frog fish, sharks & barracudas and so much more
- diverse Reefs, Canyons, Overhangs, Sand bottom, some cool swim-throughs
- Great drift dives (Jay's cathedral, Lighthouse+, Canyon)
- If you are confident give Belongas a go, the dive sites are absolutely stunning!

OVERALL
+ Good vibe, expect happy people!
+ Good gear
+ Diverse dive sites
+ Helpful staff
+ Easy access to the dive shop, both from the mainland and surrounding islands.
+ Food is great and fairly priced

- more expensive than diving on Bali but the location makes up for it, South Lombok is beautiful and unspoiled

Date of experience: September 2018
1  Thank 551niekw
George M, Owner at Dive Zone South Lombok, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2018

Hi Niek,

Thank you for the lovely review, it was an absolute pleasure having you here and from all the team here we hope to see you again soon.Maybe for some more Belongas!!! HAPPY BUBBLES BRO!!

All the best
Jake

Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

Had 3 days diving with total 6 dives at DiveZone. Did a refresher course to get back up to speed, Jake our instructor made sure we were competent but also didn't drag it out. If you haven't dived this is best way as it includes 2 dives anyway.
Saw lots of amazing corals, fish, nudibranches, turtles, stingrays and other amazing creatures. They tailor the dive sites to the experience of the rivers that day. Those with good level of experience and skills can also head over to blongas with the hope of seeing the hammer heads and the big stuff! I think this is about an hour or so dive across land then you get boat from there.
Big thanks to Jake from divezone and burkan who manages the accommodation for rescuing us from some dodgy accommodation we had originally booked. The accommodation at DiveZone was far superior and more to the point was friendly and safe with a night security guard at all times.

Many thanks to the staff for a night of bintangs with their great company.
Food is available at breakfast and lunch time from the DiveZone chef. Limited menu but they are all tastey.
But it's easy enough to get boat over to Gili Asahan for 25,000 day/50,000 after dark each person each way. Highly advise anyone staying there to take a boat over to gili asahan one evening to eat at the eco resort which did amazing Italian food.

Also visited post earthquake and no damage to this area.

Date of experience: August 2018
George M, Owner at Dive Zone South Lombok, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2018

Hi Peter, thank you very much for your kind review and very happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us!! Apart from that also thank you including some very useful tips and info in your review, for sure much appreciated. Hope to see you diving with us soon again, all the best and happy bubbles from the DiveZone team!!

Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

Very good dives in sekotong bay,
pickup from gili asahan very useful !
Very friendly Staff dive master ,
They know very well dive zone
Good equipment,
Brigitte

Date of experience: July 2018
George M, Owner at Dive Zone South Lombok, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2018

Hi Brigitte, thank you very much for your kind words and very happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us. All the best and happy bubbles from the DiveZone team ;)

Reviewed July 22, 2018

We spent a day with these guys doing a revision session for our Open Water course as we hadn't dived for a while. They are really professional, making you feel very safe and comfortable in the water, and good fun on the boat trips to the dive sites. We had a great time, thank you to Jake and Jaz.

Date of experience: July 2018
George M, Owner at Dive Zone South Lombok, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2018

Hello Sue,

Thank you very much for your kind words and very happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us. Hope to dive with you again some time, happy bubbles from the DiveZone team!!