“its was great stay!!!!!”
Review of Surfers Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lombok
Surfers Inn
Ranked #338 of 489 Lombok B&B and Inns
Swansea, United Kingdom
“its was great stay!!!!!”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

i stayed in surfersinn on august with my family i should wait for manyyears planing for my holiday in lombok the staff were very helpfull clean area compared to another place i visited.instead of having spend more money in novotel surfers inn is the second.free wifi and breakfast iam sure on low seasson the price could be lower as the information.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank lombok186466

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
France
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Surfers' Inn is by far the worst place we have ever been in Asia (stayed there in july 2010)
Basic rooms were terrible, dirty with mould in the bathrooms, largely overrated.
The manager was away when we stayed at Surfers inn and the manager on duty turned out to be rude and unhelpful.
The only pro would be the swimming pool.
Useless to say we do not recommend this place at all.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank rabbitlovers

Travelers are raving about these Lombok hotels

Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Took me 3 days on a waiting list to finally get my room. When other places were empty Surfers Inn was packed. The rooms could be better but we can't forget that we are in Indonesia, paying almost nothing and for me the main thing was the safeness (I've got things stolen right next door).
I spent another 13 days with a company of great people and very nice staffs. Most of the people are surfers, couples and some 'turists' like me :)
The food was Ok and the breakfast just enough. In the last days they start to offer free internet wireless which was handy.
Next year I'll be back and bring some girl friends.

Room Tip: Regarding the rooms you will get just what you pay for. Cheap is OK but VIP is 'much' better...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank CrisItaly2012
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I loved my stay here. I payed about US $20 which was a little more then I was looking to spend. I was only planning on staying one night but ended up staying all four nights as I had such a great time. The staff was very friendly and helped me out with all my questions. Everyone staying the was very friendly. I was traveling by myself and a little worried about finding the surf and having to rent a bike and a boat and paddle out alone but as soon as I got there I met other solo travelers and was able to surf with some pretty great people. The room was clean and very nice although rather dark. A slight annoyance but definitely not something that really made a difference. I would definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank kgramckow
Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed June 13, 2012

We took a Standard Twin with Fan for about EUR 17.- per night incl breakfast. The room itself was clean but with basic facilities and very dark. There was no closet, only a rack to put your clothes on.
Breakfast was very frugal, but really good Lombok coffee, also cheap softdrinks and cold beer at the bar. Pool Area was very nice and very quiet, movies were shown at night in the Restaurant/Bar.
Good location at the Beach and within walking distance to the center. There are some nice Restaurants and Bars in the area, but dont expect a nightlife, Kuta Lombok is still a sleepy place.
Rating the room only the price is a bit too high, but i thought it was a good value as you can use the pool.

Some other travellers wrote about children that were harrassing them.
We have met many many children in Lombok, but not a single one was bothering us.
Having kunch in a beachrestaurant some girls tried to sell us Souveniers and i told them that i dont buy from children. Still they would not leave us alone, just because they were curious and asked questions about our home, heritage and family. They showed us how to braid hair and then they sang songs for us.
Some other kids started their own business at the top of the rock that divides Tanjung Aan Beach. As soon as we climbed the rock 4 little crooks encircled us and showed us a Tip-Box clearly labelled with "Naik Gunung Rph 2000.- pp" (Ascent of the Hill 0,17 Euro per person). Shouting, laughing and cheering all over me after i paid our "fee".... I took beautiful pictures of the kids happy faces. When we descended all of them "helped" us old ladies and showed us a save way down.
One kid approached me while i was walking down the beach, collecting shells. He immediatly asked me if i would have some sweets. After sharing my chocolate with him he helped me collecting shells for the next hour while talking to me in his local language.
Yes, all the children wanted something from me. But it is on you if you feel harrassed or not.

Room Tip: The Massage Lady at the Pool gives a good and cheap tradtional Massage.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank YellowCrazyFish
Reviewed February 18, 2012

the room look nothing like in the picture. We stayed in a room with ac but the ac leaking and didnt seems to work well because its very hot. The sink almost fall off. I have to say that the food are decent and reasonably priced. If u want to rent a bike. Make sure to return it at 6pm. They gonna charge u double unless u have previous agreement. Dont take the hotel transport. Theyre overpriced with a car that looks like it gonna fall apart. U can have a travel car pick u with the same price and better service. The staff arent aware for our needs. You need to shout to get their attention even after 15mins having a seat. No one take ur order. So make sure to shout. The wifi never works. We stayed for 2nights hoping that one of the day we can hv decent wifi for communication. Never works. Room lightning are bad.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank deliverypasta
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 18, 2012

Travelled all over Indonesia and came here on recommendation as we heard it was supposed to be an amazing area.
Surfers Inn was OK, nothing special, we've stayed in a lot worse. It helps if you are surf mad (clue's in the name) as everyone staying here is!
The area itself was disappointing. It was the only place in Indonesia where we were continually harrassed by the local kids. The only escape we found was sneaking into the private beach of the big Novotel resort hotel about 3km up the road.
It was such a shame as it was such an idyllic setting, we just were not left alone to enjoy it, the kids even stand next to your table and hastle you while eating and the owners seem powerless to stop it.
With so many other great places in Indonesia to see, I wouldn't bother coming here unless it was purely for surfing.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple