1,056 results
All reviews aloon aloon villa our honeymoon gili islands dragon boat dinner on the beach bhagavat gita plunge pool rain shower hotel boat white sand beach unique hotel indonesian antiques private garden outdoor bathroom beautiful beach low tide main restaurant
Reviewed November 26, 2015

I spent 2 nights at Tugu Hotel lombok, when i was on assignment to do wedding photos for my client who get married at this hotel. The service's really good, the hotel driver picked me up at the dock, i am based in Bali and went to Lombok with semaya one fastboat. When i arrived at the hotel, the friendly staff welcome me and get my room ready afterward. The room is clean and the antique style of the building make it looks more interesting. Bathroom is large, the food is good. On the wedding day, the inhouse wedding organizer and the hotel staff really helpful. They help bride and groom to prepare every details they need. Good job, really recommended place for stay and wedding.

• Stayed: September 2015, traveled solo
1  Thank Adi J
Tuguhotels1, Assistant Manager at Hotel Tugu Lombok, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2015

Dear Adi J

Thank you for leaving such a lovely review of the hotel on TripAdvisor. We were pleased to learn that you had a wonderful and an enjoyable experience with us. Your kind words of encouragement about the service, room, and atmosphere truly motivate us.

Our entire team will be very happy to welcome you again anytime.

Reviewed November 19, 2015 via mobile

I think I have been spoilt forever as I can't imagine I will find another resort as lovely as Tugu.

I don't have words to satisfactorily explain how much we LOVED Tugu.

It was the friendliest and more personal welcome we have ever had in any resort. Every staff member was a delight to interact with. The night manager then found us and personally introduce himself when his shift started. A simple but fantastic gesture.

The main pool and restaurant mesmerised us. I have never experienced a place that made me feel so at peace. Incredibly calm and tranquil. Instant relaxation status.

The afternoon tea with the birds flying about the main pool is a highlight. Food in both restaurants was great. Ability to go out on the water with snorkels and kayaks was great.

And the fantastic sculptures and artwork everywhere has to be seen to be believed. Truly special.

I could have easily stayed another week.

Special call out to Ellie (I hope I have the name right) who was the day manager and helped us with many requests. And being upgraded to the honeymoon suite to help my husband was very much appreciated.

Exceptional staff and exceptional place. Thank you for a wonderful escape into a place of beauty and tranquility.

Stayed: November 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chomper2011
Tuguhotels1, Assistant Manager at Hotel Tugu Lombok, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2015

Dear Chomper2011,

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort and for your wonderful comments.

It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your holiday with us and that our teams look after you well, especially the one that you have mentioned below

We look forward to welcoming you back to Tugu Lombok very soon.

If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed November 15, 2015

We spent 7 nights at Hotel Tugu in an Aloon-Aloon villa. The place is wonderful.
White sandy beach, spacious grounds and excellent food.
This is not a large hotel by the nimber of rooms but the "rooms" are all quiet, spaced out dwellings.
The aloon-aloon villas have their own small private garden but it was not needed the ground were so large you coud sit anywhere and be undisturbed. There were beds on the beach for quiet relaxation antd the sea was warm and shallow so very safe.
The hotel is quite out of the way, about 2 hours from the airport, but once you get there there is no need to leave. Everything is qeitly understated. The rooms are decorated with local art and there are artifacts everwhere that seemed like they ought to be in a museum.
Don't expect a trouser press and an airconditioned restaurant. You eat outside in a thatched roofed dining hall, just stunning.
The atmosphere is so relaxing, no need to dress for dinner, just wash off the sunscreen and add a little insect repellant (probably not needed) and enjoy youselves.
This is a special hotel but not if you want nightlife.

Also the bed was the biggest I have seen ( about 10 foot wide) and so comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank h532001
Tuguhotels1, Assistant Manager at Hotel Tugu Lombok, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2015

Dear h532001,

Thank you for sharing your great comments at Tripadvsior.

It is great to hear that you have enjoyed your stay at Hotel Tugu Lombok, especially for sharing your lovely notes about our room, location, beach and our unique dining venues Kokok Pletok, A rustic open air space with 15 meter tall thatched ceiling overlooking the ocean, lotus ponds and the tropical landscape

We do look forward to welcome you again, in the meantime let us know anytime if there is something we can do for you.

Reviewed November 15, 2015 via mobile

Tugu is a bit far to get to. About 45 minutes car ride from the pier and even longer from the airport I suppose. It is worth it.
We were taken through the public area before into our Aloon Aloon villa. The whole hotel is decorated with loads of statues or paintings of unidentified legends or religions. At least some of them were Buddhas. Most buildings are of wooden frames and fittingly located with water figures, be it a fountain or pond. The room itself is extraordinary. To be honest really too exquisite. Huge space and almost everything you need is provided. The bronze bath basin is very unique. Staff are extremely helpful and polite. Breakfast buffet is a bit overwhelming and we over-ordered.

Stayed: November 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dexterwong

Dear dexterwong,

Thank you very much for staying with us at Hotel Tugu Lombok, is great to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

Tugu Hotels & Exotic Spas is a luxurious collection of intimate, individually designed properties, each housing hundreds of beautiful artworks and antiques of Indonesia, and indeed the Aloon Aloon Villa is equipped with spacious oversized copper sunken tubs, opening onto plaza of tropical gardens, we really appreciate your kind notes.

In the meantime please do not hesitate to let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Reviewed November 13, 2015

A beautiful hotel, very authentic in picturesque grounds. This resort is very individual and full of charm. I loved the ambiance and the touch of nature. The pool and the beach are beautiful. Very relaxing hotel - ideal for a romantic, quiet getaway. The spa is perfect and the reception team do a fantastic job arranging activities for you - well worth it! The food is fantastic, especially if you like spice! We stayed 2 nights and wish we had allocated more time of our trip here... a very cool, secluded gem of a resort.

Room Tip: Try to get one of the original rooms as they have recently expanded and the newer ones seem a little out of it and not as unique
  • Stayed: September 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank daisymay8338

Dear daisymay8338,

Warm Greetings from Hotel Tugu Lombok and thank you for staying with us. We are very happy that we have managed to exceed your high expectations. It is a great honor for us to hear that you are the atmosphere of our little Tugu. Thank you very much as well for your kind comments about our Spa, food, the service from our front office team.

We are looking forward to your next visit, in the meantime let me know anytime if there is something we can do for you.