We staid at the Tugu for 3 nights with 2 adults and 2 older children and had an amazing time from start to finish. We felt pampered, looked after, spoilt and cared for. Staff knew us by our names and felt like family...the personal touch was omnipresent!
The pros :
1) Room : we got upgraded from an Aloon villa to a Bhagavad Gita suite which is 3 times bigger (and the Aloon villa is big as it is...). This suite comes with an outdoor shower and bath made out of a huge boulder....just amazing. The room is massive and can easily accommodate 2 extra beds. We also had our own private splash pool and direct beach access.
2) Personal touches everywhere : personal handwritten messages on fresh leaves, welcome note in the room, free upgrade, farewell gift, etc...Henry Lim is the customer relationship manager and does a great job. Ask him and he will provide!
3) The grounds and location : the grounds are very big for the number of rooms they have currently got. One feels able to breathe, the loungers are never full, the beach is pleasantly busy and the hotel exudes an air of quiet relaxation and confidence. The Javanese owner is an antique collector and his collection is spread out all over the hotel, which gives this hotel such a unique decor. The hotel is right on Sire beach which must be one of the best beaches up north and is only a 20 minute boat ride away from the Gili islands.
4) Activities : we hired the hotel boat for a 5 hour snorkelling trip around the Gilis and had an amazing time. You can hop in and out of the boat and snorkel at your leisure with a local guide who knows where to locate the fish. After the snorkelling you can park off on Gili air for lunch on the beach. Gili air also has a great atmosphere and is definitely a place to visit. We also tried the hotel spa for a couple's Balinese massage and had a great time. The massage room is in an old temple and is an amazing location. If you are not a massage fan, just have a look at the building. Tugu also has a great hotel pool and has free bikes for rent. Ride through the adjacent villages and you will be impressed by the friendliness of the people.
5) Area : Sire beach is an exclusive pocket in the north. It is a small collection of top class hotels and top end villas for rent. The drive up to the TUGU hotel will not be what you expect, but don't worry...once you step over the bridge of the hotel entrance, a new wonderland will unravel itself in front of you.
The cons : not many, but if I am really pressed, I would say the following
1) Room a little dark sometimes
2) Food : good selection but menu could do with a little review and a little more refinement in the cooking, maybe a few more healthy options too
If you are planning to travel up north in Lombok, the Tugu is a no brainer, neither is Sire beach. It has beautiful white sand and the water is warm and calm. The close proximity to the Gilis is also a real plus. We had an absolutely amazing time here and would go back in a flash. After a week in Bali, we found Lombok much more beautiful and peaceful. The Tugu is a jewel in their crown.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the northwest coast of the island, the luxury art hotel sits on a private white-sand beach, within six hectares of mature coconut plantations facing the ocean and Mount Rinjani. It features beautiful artifacts and antiques inspired by ancient tales of Mahabharata, aimed to bring back the ancient romance of Lombok. In a blend between magical landscapes and unique artworks, legends and modern luxuries, Tugu Lombok captures the soul and romance that nobody had seen before. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Tugu Lombok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boutique Hotel Tugu Lombok