We booked our two nights at the last minute from gili air. Tugu seemed both close and yet a world away, at last in the reviews. We took a charter boat over and were dropped off on the beach about 300m from the tugu entrance. And we were greeted at the door by " hello mr. Gareth".
There are lots of comments already written so let me just point out a few things.
-management is incredibly service oriented. Anything you need or could want, just ask. But it is in in the form of a request culture. If you just want to lie on a hammock undisturbed, then this is also your place
- the accommodations are world class. We selected the less expensive Kampong villas and they were gorgeous. Coming home in the evening to a candle lit pathway right to our villa door... Hard to beat. The huge copper bath full of flowers.
-yes, tugu is not in town. It is a 35 minute scooter ride to the huge water falls or the same distance to Singgigi to the south. But in between are rice fields, mosques, mountains and views that are amazing. If you want to be in town between money changer offices and wifi shops, this isn't the place. But if you like to be literally a sanctuary, a world class sanctuary tucked among a local village, this is it
-you are local. It rained on the day we took bicycles out for a ride and we were invited in by villagers to wait out the rain and served rice cakes. It was amazing. Later in the hotel we were looking at the pictures and one of the staff came over and said "that's my family"! It speaks to the quality and character of the Lombok people and the associates tugu hotels has on staff to make your stay excellent
-food. There are the odd comments about food pricing. I thought it was perfectly reasonable. Two factors on food. One is quality and the other is price. The food quality is off the charts good. We would have local lebui soup which is local black beans in a broth with meat and it is about US$4. Wonderful spiced beef cooked with shredded coconuts in banana leaf - three servings for about the same price. My main might be Nensi Goreng Seafood and it was amazing and generous. Filled with seafood and a huge portion it was about the most expensive item on the menu and somewhere around $15. Now these are not local prices, but this is world class service, an amazing chef, beautiful presentation and candidly perhaps even cheaper than the little snacks we ordered at the cheap cafe in Singgigi when we bikes down the coast. If you want international or local food prepared and presented as if you are the only guest, tugu hotel Lombok does it right
- the pool and grounds are breathtaking. The beach is white and long and desolate. A meal on the beach is hard to beat. Yes, you have to walk out a distance to get deeper water but you are rewarded with a two mile long view of a pristine beach all to yourself. It's incredible
- lastly, there are other properties around. A few world class even close by. But tugu has the special touch that makes it seem like everything is geared just for you. On our trip we stayed in a number of world class properties - and a few backpacker joints. Tugu Lombok is absolutely the winner.
Thanks you to everybody here for making Mr Gareth and Mrs Monique feel like we were on top of the world!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the northwest coast of the island, the luxury art hotel sits on a private white-sand beach, within six hectares of mature coconut plantations facing the ocean and Mount Rinjani. It features beautiful artifacts and antiques inspired by ancient tales of Mahabharata, aimed to bring back the ancient romance of Lombok. In a blend between magical landscapes and unique artworks, legends and modern luxuries, Tugu Lombok captures the soul and romance that nobody had seen before. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Tugu Lombok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boutique Hotel Tugu Lombok