I travel a lot. I specialise in adventure/eco travel (yes, with a little luxury thrown in) and let me tell you, I almost didnt want to write about Nihiwatu because I dont want the world rocking in and spoiling it.
This is a special place on every level. It's spiritual, its ruggedly beautiful, it has a world-class surf break and access to an incredible culture.
It ticks all the boxes for good food, great atmosphere and eco philosophy. My god, I even fell in love with the owners dog. (Hey, Ole!)
Any cons to all these pros? If you dont like nature, sharing a table with others, are afraid creepy crawlies or remoteness...dont come.
Actually, I am hoping a lot of you don't come because Im just about to book again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Voted #1 Hotel in the World for 2016 by Travel & Leisure magazine. An award-winning luxury resort on remote Sumba Island, Indonesia. A wide range of land and ocean-based experiences ensures all tastes are catered to. Attentive service and gourmet meals add to the refined and intimate ambience. A romantic getaway idyll with pristine private beach stretching in excess of 2.5km of length ideal for honeymooners and the unique tribal culture on the island offers guests a glimpse of a bygone era. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Hotels.com so you can book your Nihiwatu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nihiwatu Hotel Sumba
- Nihiwatu Hotel Waikabubak
- Nihiwatu Resort Waikabubak